The Student Room Group

Opinion on Christmas

Scroll to see replies

:smile:
I love christmas, wish it was all year round :biggrin:.
Original post by XOR_
I love christmas, wish it was all year round :biggrin:.

Seriously why ???
I love mince pies and can't wait to try the new quality street!
I hate how it always has to take absolute priority over everything else. :colonhash:

I remember the days of when it wasn't shoved down your throat until the end of November, now it seems to be force fed to us all as early as September. :unimpressed:
Original post by Bluebutterfly310
Does anyone else really hate Christmas ?? Or do they love it??

If i see something Christmas related, like gift or "happy" family i get angry and throw things And if someone talks to me about Christmas i get mad and angry at them or ignore them which pisses them off. :/ Like i take part in no Christmas related things.

I personally hate celebrating Christmas.

I understand the reasons and accept the reason why Christians celebrate it though.

What is everyones view on christmas?? And if ya wanna, explain why you you view is like that. :smile:

Opinion on this thread
It's a BIT early for a thread like this don't you think?

Not as early as me in bed
Original post by lornahill93
I love mince pies and can't wait to try the new quality street!

fair enough and what new quality street??
Original post by Maths is Life
Opinion on this thread
It's a BIT early for a thread like this don't you think?

Not as early as me in bed

Yea true but they had christmas ads in October!! In fricken October :sigh:
Seriously why ???

It's mostly due to the decorations XD but I do also enjoy the festive spirit :smile:
Original post by XOR_
It's mostly due to the decorations XD but I do also enjoy the festive spirit :smile:

Fair enough
Original post by parsn1p
I hate how it always has to take absolute priority over everything else. :colonhash:

I remember the days of when it wasn't shoved down your throat until the end of November, now it seems to be force fed to us all as early as September. :unimpressed:

Well said there.

Unfortunately i dont remember them days :/ and i totally agree with ya there.
I'm not a christian but we tend to treat it as a secular national holiday celebrating generosity and family togetherness. I actually really enjoy trying to think of things to buy friends and family, my wallet tends to suffer for it though and I'm very conscious of buying things based on how much money I estimate they'll spend on me. I totally understand how the pressure of having to buy presents for others and being seen as a cheapskate can create anxiety and a strong dislike of the holiday in some people, being poor at christmas is awful if you have generous family and friends that you cannot afford to give back to.
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
I'm not a christian but we tend to treat it as a secular national holiday celebrating generosity and family togetherness. I actually really enjoy trying to think of things to buy friends and family, my wallet tends to suffer for it though and I'm very conscious of buying things based on how much money I estimate they'll spend on me. I totally understand how the pressure of having to buy presents for others and being seen as a cheapskate can create anxiety and a strong dislike of the holiday in some people, being poor at christmas is awful if you have generous family and friends that you cannot afford to give back to.

Fair enough and yea think most peoples purses/wallets are crying after christmas is over tbh. And yea glad you do understand the presure there, one of many reasons why i dread it so much :/ and i agree i was once very poor, and at a extreme time my family had to rely on food bank at christmas and they gave us each a present.
@Demonlover1 Whats your opinion ?? :holmes:
@Demonlover1 Whats your opinion ?? :holmes:

It's okay I guess I don't really have a good opinion on it
Original post by Demonlover1
It's okay I guess I don't really have a good opinion on it

Fair enough. and me neither.
Bump ^^

Quick Reply

Latest