The Student Room Group

When guys say they care, do they mean it?

Hello, I have known a guy for a few weeks. We have spoken a bit, and we have got to know each other slightly. He has told me a few personal things, including he never had a gf before!

Okay so the main point is that we have had many misunderstandings through text, he'd assume if I put an emoji that means I am laughing whilst he's being serious.. Well he is from Hong Kong, so maybe there's cultural difference...

Whenever we have a misunderstanding I will go to his room, vice versa, and we would clear it out and end up talking for like 2 hrs, same goes if we call to clear misunderstandings. However, recently I have found out that whatever I have been telling him, he'd tell his close female friend who is also my friend and would cause a rift between us two.

Anyways recently he was like I think it's best to just become classmates instead of friends, and that he cared about me when we were friends, but now that we're not friends he doesn't care.

Is that possible? Like I can't stop caring all of a sudden,
Reply 1
When girls say their legs hurt, do they mean it?
Reply 2
Original post by Results
When girls say their legs hurt, do they mean it?

What are u trying to hint?
Original post by Anonymous
What are u trying to hint?

He's saying you're being stupid to even ask this question. Whether guys care is up to them and the circumstances you are both in. It's like me asking if all guys like football; some do, some don't, the answer is strikingly obvious. What are you expecting to gain from this thread? He might care, he might not; you can't stereotype all guys as caring or uncaring, for extremely obvious reasons.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello, I have known a guy for a few weeks. We have spoken a bit, and we have got to know each other slightly. He has told me a few personal things, including he never had a gf before!

Okay so the main point is that we have had many misunderstandings through text, he'd assume if I put an emoji that means I am laughing whilst he's being serious.. Well he is from Hong Kong, so maybe there's cultural difference...

Whenever we have a misunderstanding I will go to his room, vice versa, and we would clear it out and end up talking for like 2 hrs, same goes if we call to clear misunderstandings. However, recently I have found out that whatever I have been telling him, he'd tell his close female friend who is also my friend and would cause a rift between us two.

Anyways recently he was like I think it's best to just become classmates instead of friends, and that he cared about me when we were friends, but now that we're not friends he doesn't care.

Is that possible? Like I can't stop caring all of a sudden,

Ge probably didnt care for you that much in the beginning. How could he if he had known you only for a few weeks. It was good you managed to talk to each other, but v bad imo he bretrayed your confidences to your friend.

It sounds best if you just become classmates and I wouldnt have anything to do with him beyond that. Dont woprry about him saying he doesnt care becayse he was like that all along and thus hes not worth losing sleep over. Go and find someone or soemthing more interesting. It shouldnt be hard.

Oh and to answer your question. It depends. Some do and many do not.
Its an easy thing to say, not much effor and pitentially good rewards. Just use your brain and see if their actions match the words. problem solved.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Ge probably didnt care for you that much in the beginning. How could he if he had known you only for a few weeks. It was good you managed to talk to each other, but v bad imo he bretrayed your confidences to your friend.

It sounds best if you just become classmates and I wouldnt have anything to do with him beyond that. Dont woprry about him saying he doesnt care becayse he was like that all along and thus hes not worth losing sleep over. Go and find someone or soemthing more interesting. It shouldnt be hard.

Oh and to answer your question. It depends. Some do and many do not.
Its an easy thing to say, not much effor and pitentially good rewards. Just use your brain and see if their actions match the words. problem solved.

He says he's not expressive, but it doesn't take an expert to be able to tell that he didn't care about me..

Like ppl say actions speaks louder than words..

but once when we were on the phone arguing i was like u don't care and he was like If i didn't care why would I talk to u for 2 hours? But then I found out he told his mate who is also my mate that we speak for a long time on the phone.

But for now I am remaining distance and its best to just remain classmates
Original post by Toxicblade
the answer is strinkingly obvious

That's a good word. I'm going to use that.
depends on the guy

https://i.makeagif.com/media/8-09-2015/X__-Sr.gif

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
That's a good word. I'm going to use that.

LMAO rekd
They may care at the time, but depending on their maturity it depends- they tend to change their mind fast.
He says he's not expressive, but it doesn't take an expert to be able to tell that he didn't care about me..

Like ppl say actions speaks louder than words..

but once when we were on the phone arguing i was like u don't care and he was like If i didn't care why would I talk to u for 2 hours? But then I found out he told his mate who is also my mate that we speak for a long time on the phone.

But for now I am remaining distance and its best to just remain classmates

Why does it matter?
2 weeks. You are overthinking it. Just dont waste time on it and move on.
Why does it matter?
2 weeks. You are overthinking it. Just dont waste time on it and move on.

True like they say go with the flow. ..

I dunno I'm just really curious. I don't overthink as much
True like they say go with the flow. ..

I dunno I'm just really curious. I don't overthink as much

Its just a lesson for you.

People dont always tell the truth, so being able to decide who speaks it and who does not is one of those lifeskills you are going to need to acquire.

When it comes to boys, then plenty but not all will not tell you the truth or tell you what they think they want you to hear. If their actions dont match their words then its a good bet they were lying.

Please dont waste your life overthinking
Its just a lesson for you.

People dont always tell the truth, so being able to decide who speaks it and who does not is one of those lifeskills you are going to need to acquire.

When it comes to boys, then plenty but not all will not tell you the truth or tell you what they think they want you to hear. If their actions dont match their words then its a good bet they were lying.

Please dont waste your life overthinking

So your advice is?

I'd say to myself just go with the flow and remember everything is temp s just hav fun
So your advice is?

I'd say to myself just go with the flow and remember everything is temp s just hav fun

Learn from it, keep things in proportion, move on.
Original post by Toxicblade
He's saying you're being stupid to even ask this question. Whether guys care is up to them and the circumstances you are both in. It's like me asking if all guys like football; some do, some don't, the answer is strikingly obvious. What are you expecting to gain from this thread? He might care, he might not; you can't stereotype all guys as caring or uncaring, for extremely obvious reasons.

exactly, im a girl and i understand this!
not all boys are the same, i mean if he likes u then you will be the only one in his head, he may flirt with everyone but there is only one person on his mind xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending