The Student Room Group

Ex deleted me. This stings a lot more than I thought it would...

So my ex and I broke up a few months ago. We’ve officially been no contact for a month now. A month ago he reached out to me and we talked like old times. I then reached out to him over a week later and he just completely ignored me. We haven’t talked since. I made sure to block his texts and phone calls. For those of you who don’t have Snapchat you post something, it appears on your timeline as a thumbnail, people view it, and it shows you who has viewed your snaps.

Ok so on Snapchat I never looked at his snaps during our break up. He other hand did a lot, but eventually that came to a stop. The last time he looked was the last time he made contact. I saw that he posted something the day before Halloween (didn’t open it and look though). The next day was my friend’s birthday and I went out and posted things, then I was out with my friends the next day and posted things for Halloween (us out and dressed up), and then lastly on Sunday for my friend’s birthday lunch. After that I hadn’t posted anything for another 3 or 4 days (just the pretty foliage of that day). A lot of people post every day so I really don’t snap a lot.

Last week something told me to just go check. Lo and behold he deleted me, so he clearly did it between within that week time frame that I just mentioned above. He didn't delete my friend though. Although she hasn't used Snapchat in a few months so I just chalked it up to him forgetting about her...

I've been going out and trying to keep my mind off things and I know it’s social media but him deleting me stung A LOT. Like he just doesn’t care or that I annoy him. I don’t know how to explain it. I’m also just confused because I never looked at his stuff…
Deleting one another on social media is a method of helping to move on. It's really for the best.
Original post by Aec2016
So my ex and I broke up a few months ago. We’ve officially been no contact for a month now. A month ago he reached out to me and we talked like old times. I then reached out to him over a week later and he just completely ignored me. We haven’t talked since. I made sure to block his texts and phone calls. For those of you who don’t have Snapchat you post something, it appears on your timeline as a thumbnail, people view it, and it shows you who has viewed your snaps.

Ok so on Snapchat I never looked at his snaps during our break up. He other hand did a lot, but eventually that came to a stop. The last time he looked was the last time he made contact. I saw that he posted something the day before Halloween (didn’t open it and look though). The next day was my friend’s birthday and I went out and posted things, then I was out with my friends the next day and posted things for Halloween (us out and dressed up), and then lastly on Sunday for my friend’s birthday lunch. After that I hadn’t posted anything for another 3 or 4 days (just the pretty foliage of that day). A lot of people post every day so I really don’t snap a lot.

Last week something told me to just go check. Lo and behold he deleted me, so he clearly did it between within that week time frame that I just mentioned above. He didn't delete my friend though. Although she hasn't used Snapchat in a few months so I just chalked it up to him forgetting about her...

I've been going out and trying to keep my mind off things and I know it’s social media but him deleting me stung A LOT. Like he just doesn’t care or that I annoy him. I don’t know how to explain it. I’m also just confused because I never looked at his stuff…

You guys broke up, maybe deleting you is how he is coping to get over it. See if you didn't look for him, you wouldn't be hurting. So you know what to do from now on.
I agree. It sucks but it's really like ripping of a plaster. Pain now, but ultimately better for you.
Original post by Aec2016

All this stinging a lot is silly. No time for it and neither should you.

You have split. the best way to move on quickly is to cut all contact and get on with your lives.

All this checking on who has looked at whose accounts is ridiculous and a complete waste of time. He did you a favour. Didnt you say you had already blocked him? How can you be surprised if he deleted a blocked account?

Move on and enjoy yourself.
Reply 5
Original post by typicalvirgo
I agree. It sucks but it's really like ripping of a plaster. Pain now, but ultimately better for you.

Thanks. I don’t know I guess this is just my first time going through this (an ex shutting me out completely when nothing happened). We didn’t even break up because of a lack of feelings or because it just wasn’t working per se. I put my foot in my mouth and said something stupid and backed off for a while. Then in turn he backed off and it just became this stupid stand off to not say anything and that’s pretty much how we got here. So because nothing really happened I’m just having a difficult time wrapping my mind around him trying to get rid of me completely.
Original post by Aec2016
Thanks. I don’t know I guess this is just my first time going through this (an ex shutting me out completely when nothing happened). We didn’t even break up because of a lack of feelings or because it just wasn’t working per se. I put my foot in my mouth and said something stupid and backed off for a while. Then in turn he backed off and it just became this stupid stand off to not say anything and that’s pretty much how we got here. So because nothing really happened I’m just having a difficult time wrapping my mind around him trying to get rid of me completely.

If he's refusing to even talk to you, then he isn't worth it. Think of it this way: you dodged a bullet.
Original post by 999tigger
All this stinging a lot is silly. No time for it and neither should you.

You have split. the best way to move on quickly is to cut all contact and get on with your lives.

All this checking on who has looked at whose accounts is ridiculous and a complete waste of time. He did you a favour. Didnt you say you had already blocked him? How can you be surprised if he deleted a blocked account?

Move on and enjoy yourself.

Easier said than done
Original post by Aec2016

Sometimes this just happens. There's not really a lot of advice we can give you because, ultimately, the decision was made by him and only he can change his mind. Nothing you do or say will have an influence on that.

One of the best advice I have been given, and one which I'll share with you, is that viewing material associated with an ex is like repeatedly stabbing at a wound. When you cease to do so, you give that wound time to heal.

Now for my own little extension of that advice; eventually that wound will become a scar. A reminder of what once was. A reminder of what you took away from that experience, a reminder of all that you learned. We all carry scars, they're nothing to be ashamed of, in fact they're something to be proud of; you lived through the pain and became a better person because of it.
It may hurt but sometimes a complete clean break will do both involved good.
See it as a way to move on now... a way for you to grow and become emotionally stronger
Easier said than done

Only she can do it.

She can either take the most straightforward and efficient route or she can tie herself up in knots and waste energy worrying about something that nobody but her is bothered about and wont amount to anything.

Her choice.
Original post by 999tigger
Only she can do it.

She can either take the most straightforward and efficient route or she can tie herself up in knots and waste energy worrying about something that nobody but her is bothered about and wont amount to anything.

Her choice.

You're missing what typicalvirgo is saying.

Look during this process you're going to have set backs and right now you're having one. I'm sure he was having one too and that's why he deleted you. I'm sure seeing you post hurts for him to see. He still cares but he's just trying to reign in his feelings right now. It's frustrating and painful. To alleviate that it's best to remove the source aka you and for you him. If you were a good person to him and things didn't end on a bad note he'll more than likely come back. Not to say wait for him though. Continue to go out and NC

And obviously the guy is bothered as well. If he wasn't he wouldn't have deleted her.
If he's refusing to even talk to you, then he isn't worth it. Think of it this way: you dodged a bullet.

Well OP did say she blocked him from calling and texting her a good while ago so who knows if he's made contact/refusing to talk to her or not. Which could also be the reason why he deleted her when he realized he was blocked....
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
You clearly still love him. Why are you running away from him?
Reply 14
Original post by 41b
You clearly still love him. Why are you running away from him?

He doesn't want me around lol :/
Original post by dannmann92
You're missing what typicalvirgo is saying.

Look during this process you're going to have set backs and right now you're having one. I'm sure he was having one too and that's why he deleted you. I'm sure seeing you post hurts for him to see. He still cares but he's just trying to reign in his feelings right now. It's frustrating and painful. To alleviate that it's best to remove the source aka you and for you him. If you were a good person to him and things didn't end on a bad note he'll more than likely come back. Not to say wait for him though. Continue to go out and NC

And obviously the guy is bothered as well. If he wasn't he wouldn't have deleted her.

I'm really not. When she looks back on it in x years time she will regret the time she wasted on doing this pointless post mortem, which only wastes energy and keeps her feeling worse longer. Go ahead though.
Reply 16
Original post by Aec2016
He doesn't want me around lol :/

What did you do to push him away? Can you win him back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending