The Student Room Group

St George's, University of London - Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by edasansel
IB Predicted Scores: 7,7,7 for HL (including Chemistry and Biology) and 7,7,7 for SL with A,A for TOK and EE. Overall: 45

UKCAT: VR 600 QR 690 AR 620 Overall: 1910

Have you applied for the international course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaela__
Have you applied for the international course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for the regular 5-year course.
Original post by edasansel
I applied for the regular 5-year course.

Hmmm weird you got another email then as I have 2000 and i think they rank on UKCAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 143
Hmmm weird you got another email then as I have 2000 and i think they rank on UKCAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 2040 so I don't think it is ranked on ikcat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimout
I got 2040 so I don't think it is ranked on ikcat

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have an extra email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 145

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 2040 so I don't think it is ranked on ukcat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 146
Do you have an extra email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, somehow my message sent twice. But no, only the initial cutoff email, and people I know with very high ukcats eg 750+ haven't heard anything either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimout
Sorry, somehow my message sent twice. But no, only the initial cutoff email, and people I know with very high ukcats eg 750+ haven't heard anything either

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah good cos I've only had the initial email too 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah good cos I've only had the initial email too 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i got 2060 and no email! Glad, I got frightened then that people had an email I didn't!! :smile:
Original post by FKAsamuel
Yeah i got 2060 and no email! Glad, I got frightened then that people had an email I didn't!! :smile:

Tbh I don't know why I'm worried about not having an email cos everytime I get an email nowadays I get so scared to check anyway 😂 the one from st George's took me 5 minutes to open as I was freaking out in case I didn't meet the cut off 😂 I'm actually ridiculous 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh I don't know why I'm worried about not having an email cos everytime I get an email nowadays I get so scared to check anyway 😂 the one from st George's took me 5 minutes to open as I was freaking out in case I didn't meet the cut off 😂 I'm actually ridiculous 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same!! I just hope when it comes to interviews (if i get one) that I prepare enough and do well, I'd be devastated if I didn't get in!
Reply 151

Posted from TSR Mobile

I refresh about 100 times a day and I wish I was exaggerating bc As soon as I get over it and stop refreshing, I'm sure the emails will start arriving!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKAsamuel
Same!! I just hope when it comes to interviews (if i get one) that I prepare enough and do well, I'd be devastated if I didn't get in!

Me too but I guess we should stay positive and remember that if you have an interview you've already beat a lot of people (at the end of the day it's one huge competition and you just have to play the system to win or in this case get an offer 😉). You've made it through every hurdle academically and now you're here, good enough for medicine, so you just have to showcase it! Like I said you've made it this far so it's just a few more last hurdles really, I definitely need to have more faith in myself as well because the fact I've made it to this stage shows I have potential to get into medicine (to an extent) without sounding cocky I just mean cos of interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimout
I refresh about 100 times a day and I wish I was exaggerating bc As soon as I get over it and stop refreshing, I'm sure the emails will start arriving!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I'm the same 😂 my heart actually dropped when I saw an email from st George's and read the word UKCAT cut off, and I have that to go for 2 more uni's yet 😂 pls help me 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too but I guess we should stay positive and remember that if you have an interview you've already beat a lot of people (at the end of the day it's one huge competition and you just have to play the system to win or in this case get an offer 😉). You've made it through every hurdle academically and now you're here, good enough for medicine, so you just have to showcase it! Like I said you've made it this far so it's just a few more last hurdles really, I definitely need to have more faith in myself as well because the fact I've made it to this stage shows I have potential to get into medicine (to an extent) without sounding cocky I just mean cos of interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree!! I'm sure we should be fine <3 :smile:
Reply 155
Nah I'm the same 😂 my heart actually dropped when I saw an email from st George's and read the word UKCAT cut off, and I have that to go for 2 more uni's yet 😂 pls help me 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I immediately think it's a rejection when I see anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimout

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! I'm waiting for Liverpool to reject me because of my PS tbh😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 157
Original post by jimout

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I applied to Liverpool too! Not expecting that one for a while tho, as they haven't started sending anything yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimout
Same, I applied to Liverpool too! Not expecting that one for a while tho, as they haven't started sending anything yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's true, probably a good thing I won't hear for a while 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok...so ive been browsing on other threads for a while and it turns out some people have started to get offers from SGUL. Anyone here??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending