The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheProphetsPath
I can't be bothered to give u an actual reply but take your confrontational attitude elsewhere.
Can't be bothered, or just can't?
Reply 7321
Original post by HenryHill
What about the younger Muslims in Aleppo and Raqqa and Mosul and all the other places in Syria and Iraq? Are they thanking Allah for their blessings? I'm not getting these fatuous quotes.

You actually don't have a valid point sorry.
They are suffering because of the evil of other humans. How do you know they are not blessed. Blessing comes in many different forms, does not necessary have to be visible to you on this Earth/life. This life is not perfect, maybe you're forgetting this. How can I possibly answer your question, how do I know if all of them are possibly thankful or even Muslims to thank Allah. Some do thank Allah, no matter what situation they are in because they are grateful and one should fear worse. We can't forget about our creator and start being ungrateful just because we are afflicted with trials, and then when it is removed, we start being grateful all of a sudden. That is not the way of Islam. We have to appreciate and be grateful throughout life, even if what we have is nothing to another. Even if we are afflicted with many trials one after the other.
This "quote" you read just reminds us of that.

Surely, Allah swt is just and we do not know what He knows.

Sorry to hear , okay i will
Inna lillahi wa inna illayhi raajioon
Surely, Allah takes what is His, and what He gives is His, and to all things He has appointed a time. So have patience and be rewarded. May Allah magnify your reward, and make perfect your bereavement, and forgive your departed. Ameen.

Ameen.

Oh okay thank you, do you know any happy reciters???

Np. Happy reciters? I am not sure. What about Mishary Rashid Al-Afasy and Mufti Menk? It is better to focus on the verses and it's amazing meaning so don't worry too much about how it is recited. All recitations are great SubhanAllah imo :smile:
Original post by HenryHill
Can't be bothered, or just can't?

it's actually because you aren't sincerely trying to seek knowledge, instead you are just trying to argue and therefore it'll probs be a waste of energy.
but okay sure woteva u say 😚
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333

Np. Happy reciters? I am not sure. What about Mishary Rashid Al-Afasy and Mufti Menk? It is better to focus on the verses and it's amazing meaning so don't worry too much about how it is recited. All recitations are great SubhanAllah imo :smile:

Yep of course i get you but i just like listening to reciters that make you happy and not sad sometimes if you know what i mean like the way it makes you feel sometime i can watch a emotional one when they're crying and it gets emotional too or then u can watch a happy one and get happy too if you know what i mean? hmm i never heard Mufti Menk recite only in the middle of talks
(edited 7 years ago)
Yep of course i get you but i just like listening to reciters that make you happy and not sad sometimes if you know what i mean like the way it makes you feel sometime i can watch a emotional one when they're crying and it gets emotional too or then u can watch a happy one and get happy too if you know what i mean? hmm i never heard Mufti Menk recite only in the middle of talks

Moutassem Al Hameedi (almost all videos on youtube are in his 'happy' style)

Qari Saad Nomani (in his own style - not many clips in his own style since he immitates other reciters, but Surah Maryam, part of Surah Ahzab, other short clips etc)

Shatri (sometimes)

Mishari Al Afasi (sometimes - Surah Ibrahim, Surah An Najm, etc)

Khalid Al Jalil (only Surah Rahman)

Type in Youtube: 'Maqam Ajam' and a few more come up. Not many will appear because I think (from what I have read) Maqam Ajam is a musical measure as opposed to a traditional style of recitation, but some 'Happy' recitations none the less have been described with this Maqam as Maqam Ajam is uplifting too and therefore the recitation is similar.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Where did you go?

Had a games night at Uni late at night and we were all starving so thought 'why not'...
Reply 7327

Hmm yeah I understand. But some can't help be emotional SubhanAllah. Yeah that's true about Mufti Menk sorry, He has small recitations. Try Shaykh Abdul-Rahman Sudais and Qari Fatih Saferagic. There are so many others too tbh Alhamdulillah. But you still may come across some emotional side.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zamestaneh
Moutassem Al Hameedi (almost all videos on youtube are in his 'happy' style)

Qari Saad Nomani (in his own style - not many clips in his own style since he immitates other reciters, but Surah Maryam, part of Surah Ahzab, other short clips etc)

Shatri (sometimes)

Mishari Al Afasi (sometimes - Surah Ibrahim, Surah An Najm, etc)

Khalid Al Jalil (only Surah Rahman)

Type in Youtube: 'Maqam Ajam' and a few more come up. Not many will appear because I think (from what I have read) Maqam Ajam is a musical measure as opposed to a traditional style of recitation, but some 'Happy' recitations none the less have been described with this Maqam as Maqam Ajam is uplifting too and therefore the recitation is similar.

Wow omg thank you so much JZK. I'll check them out thanks! :w00t:
Wow omg thank you so much JZK. I'll check them out thanks! :w00t:

Typing Maqam Ajam in Arabic might also help

No problem, BarakAllah Feek :smile:

DJhXuyI1Z6E

Dosari has quite a few (titles are in Arabic) ot limited to the following:
https://youtu.be/fHFxPf4Pjes https://youtu.be/g_BsYAAjqpc
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
Hmm yeah I understand. But some can't help be emotional SubhanAllah. Yeah that's true about Mufti Menk sorry, He has small recitations. Try Shaykh Abdul-Rahman Sudais and Qari Fatih Saferagic. There are so many others too tbh Alhamdulillah. But you still may come across some emotional side.

Yeah thanks a lot, JZK i'll check them out too thank you! I get the emotional side but sometimes if i just wake up and listen to emotional side then it makes me like sad (not upset but like a 'thinking- kinda sad'lol) all day so i like listening to happy ones sometimes too. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7331
Yeah thanks a lot, JZK i'll check them out too thank you! I get the emotional side but sometimes if i just wake up and listen to emotional side then it makes me like sad (not upset but like a 'thinking- kinda sad':wink: all day so i like listening to happy ones sometimes too. :smile:

BarakAllahu Feek. Oh bless :h:
I really do like Moutasem Al Hameedi's Qur'an recitations tbh, recites so softly and smooth, Allahumma barak lahu.
Original post by h333
I really do like Moutasem Al Hameedi's Qur'an recitations tbh, recites so softly and smooth, Allahumma barak lahu.

Ah i'll give him a try then thanks :smile:
btw i dunno why that wink face was there i think i clicked ; by accident before the bracket lol?
Reply 7333
Reply 7334
Reply 7335
Ah i'll give him a try then thanks :smile:
btw i dunno why that wink face was there i think i clicked ; by accident before the bracket lol?

Insha'Allah.
No worries :smile:
Original post by tasha_tah

Salam everyone
A former student from my school has passed away tonight ..please can I request everyone to make dua

Make allah grant him peace n a place in jannah

:frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Walikum assalam sis.
Inna Lilayhi Wa Inna Ilahyi Rajeeon!
Sorry to hear about it! May Allah bless him with Jannah. Ameen.

Salam everyone
A former student from my school has passed away tonight ..please can I request everyone to make dua

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaykumasalaam

I am sorry to hear that. I hope you are feeling better today insha'Allah. We will.

Ameen.
Original post by h333

His voice is incredible ma shaa Allah. He used to recite in a masjid near my old house before, too bad I was young to fully appreciate it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Salam everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon.

Very sorry to hear this news, ameen ya rabb x
stay strong

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending