The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dirtybit
I used to rave about Henry, RVN as well

Martial's being rested mate

oh rite i see he's been playing a lot games recently xxx
Reply 5301
Original post by Fizzel
No he wasn't. That is the point. Even in the example, Arsenal, big game, perception not reality.

Hazard is another myth. He's not a bad finisher, he finishes at the expected rate, he's not clinical and he's not bad. Hazard's improvement, 2015 dip and recovery are creation numbers not finishing numbers.

I didn't actually say he was a bad finisher, just that he's better at the other traits and finishing is probably his weakest trait(well offensively).

Again as I said the bottler tag comes from big games. Big games are tiny sample sizes from which large conclusions are made, even managers do that. What I'm saying is over the much larger sample size of his entire career, he's a bottler who finishes chances at better rates than most elite players who aren't bottlers.

Good point, I never really said he's a bad finisher, just that big games are an issue for him(and that's what he's judged on. I explained reasons why he's not good in big games(he rarely was first choice under Mourinho and then played at a pretty weak Napoli side in comparison to the big gun in the league Juventus). In Argentina again Aguero is the main striker for them when fit and at Real Madrid Benzema also gets the bottler tag because out of the trio he is seen as their weakest attacking player.

The mental side of performing in big game is possibly a thing, I dunno how you would look into that. But there are so few big games its hard to say without observation bias. How do you assess how big is a big game, and how good that missed or scored chance was and in a fashion you can rate players side by side? So get any sample size you'd be comparing player 3-4 years apart.

Yeah obviously the mental side of a game is very hard to analyse(on a cold hard facts level) but it is still a more than valid thing that you have to take into account(even if there is no easily quantifiable way of determining who's a bottler and who isn't without confirmation bias).

My point wasn't that I think he's a bottler, my point more was going into the fact that in England, foreign players who play in foreign leagues tend to get these labels because the average Premier League fan doesn't watch Serie A, BuLi or La Liga week in week out. As seen by Ibrahimovic and his decimation of Arsenal and England, he quickly changed perceptions of being a bottler or being crap in big games and is now almost seen as a demigod in England. Cavani again gets the same treatment yet his shots per goal average is better than Ronaldo's and Messi's(he does take less shots in general I'm aware), when he eventually decimates an English team he'll get the same Ibrahimovic treatment.
Thoughts on the above @Kenan and Kel
Original post by zKlown
Thoughts on the above @Kenan and Kel

Sorry mate, still getting over the tragic event of SAF changing his avatar
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Sorry mate, still getting over the tragic event of SAF changing his avatar

His?
His?

Didn't you know?
Original post by Lúcio
Didn't you know?

I feel sick :colonhash:
It looks so right :redface:

Reply 5308
It looks so right :redface:

Put a real number ten in like rashford.
Lol like Ozil would have those legs
^Jesus Christ Kenan. Imagine commenting on another man's legs... :redface:

@swirly thoughts on above?
Original post by trapking
^Jesus Christ Kenan. Imagine commenting on another man's legs... :redface:

@swirly thoughts on above?

imagine not being able to appreciate another man's body no homo.

Check out guys' biceps, triceps, delts, and lats all the time no homo.

Shaqiri has some unreal calves :colondollar:
If you're not at the point where you're checking guys out, you're not serious about gym
Original post by swirly
If you're not at the point where you're checking guys out, you're not serious about gym

Imagine talking about being serious with gym when your avatar is a takeaway with a cup of juice.
Original post by swirly

Can confirm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trapking
Imagine talking about being serious with gym when your avatar is a takeaway with a cup of juice.

It's easy to keep a watchful eye on your waistline whilst still choosing a tasty, nutritious and filling meal-on-the go, with Shapers calorie-conscious, mouth-wateringly delicious meals, exclusive to Boots.
Shapers have taken the maths out of mealtimes, so you don't have to worry about tallying up calories or wondering if that mid-afternoon snack is one chocolate treat too much.

Whichever mix and match combo you choose in a Shapers lunchtime Meal Deal - a main, a snack and a drink - the total calorie count will always come to 500 or less. Whether you're actively trying to lose weight, or maintaining the figure you've got, it's easy to keep track of your progress with Shapers.

There's a lunch combo for everyone's taste. If you prefer the classics, you could try Shapers bestseller - the BBQ Chicken Wrap. Don't eat meat? Here's a classic veggie favourite - the good old-fashioned Egg Mayo and Cress sandwich. Wash it down with Cloudy Lemonade and then go for our Strawberry Chocolate Bar for dessert and you've got the perfect lunch to keep you going right through until evening. Feeling a little more adventurous in the tastebud department? Give the traditional British sarnie with a tasty twist a go - such as the Wholesome Chicken and Pork Stuffing sandwich. Or you might prefer the global flavours of our Around the World Thai Tiger Prawn Noodle Salad.

The Shapers lunchtime range includes: Sandwiches; salads; wraps; flatbreads; muffins; bagels; sushi; fresh fruit and veg; desserts; yoghurts; soups; hot pots; popcorn; crisps; confectionary bars; plus a variety of still and sparkling flavoured waters. Boredom is not an option - with over a hundred different Shapers lunch items available, there are thousands of combinations for your mix and match meals.

All Shapers lunchtime goodies are included in the Boots Meal Deal - which means whichever main, snack and drink you buy in one visit, you will know exactly how much it will cost. It's a great deal for your waistline and a great deal for your purse too.

Bro, do u even Boots?
Reply 5316
Original post by Angry cucumber

Original post by swirly

Im too narcissistic for that anyway. Im like 'nice legs' then carry on doing my sets next to a mirror to 'watch my form'

Don't even look at women.
Apparently Smalling has broken his toe and will be out for a month. It gives Jones a chance to come in at CB and have a consistent run.
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Apparently Smalling has broken his toe and will be out for a month. It gives Jones a chance to come in at CB and have a consistent run.

Who would you like us to buy in January? Caz Jones at CB is ew.
Original post by SirAlexFerguson

I think Tuanzebe should be given a chance tbh

Latest