The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chartee21
Hello!

Just thought I'd let people know that I've spoken to Warwick and they're not expecting to finish shortlisting till the 10th/11th of December (so long away :frown: ) and Southampton are expecting to send out their invites at the end of December roughly 2 weeks before interview!! They seem to like keeping us hanging on! I've also emailed Cambridge to get an update (i am ridiculously impatient seemingly) so will update when I hear!

Hope everyone is doing okay and not stressing too much like me! :smile:

Bloomin 'eck! Was hoping it would be at least November :frown:
Reply 2281
Original post by chartee21
Hello!

Just thought I'd let people know that I've spoken to Warwick and they're not expecting to finish shortlisting till the 10th/11th of December (so long away :frown: ) and Southampton are expecting to send out their invites at the end of December roughly 2 weeks before interview!! They seem to like keeping us hanging on! I've also emailed Cambridge to get an update (i am ridiculously impatient seemingly) so will update when I hear!

Hope everyone is doing okay and not stressing too much like me! :smile:

Oh Warwick 😩 This wait is killing me. I'm not sure I'm patient enough to wait until December 🙈
Original post by bmd2
Oh Warwick 😩 This wait is killing me. I'm not sure I'm patient enough to wait until December 🙈

last year for Warwick you heard about the work experience form in the second half of november, you hear about interviews in december, and actual interviews are in the first few weeks of January. So youll know if you've been shortlisted before November is over. The wait is killing me too haha, checking this forum like multiple times a day. Where else have you applied?
Gamsat results are up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Out of curiosity (this year I applied for ukcat unis), would I likely get to the interview stage for any unis with these results? S1: 55, S2: 56, S3: 65-average=60

Just looking ahead for next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rosser1994
Out of curiosity (this year I applied for ukcat unis), would I likely get to the interview stage for any unis with these results? S1: 55, S2: 56, S3: 65-average=60

Just looking ahead for next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I'm sure you will, what degree result did you get? If you got a 2:1 or a 1st I'm pretty sure Nottingham would offer you an interview and I'm sure other Uni's would too it's a good result
anyone got an interview from cambridge yet??
Original post by eemooz
last year for Warwick you heard about the work experience form in the second half of november, you hear about interviews in december, and actual interviews are in the first few weeks of January. So youll know if you've been shortlisted before November is over. The wait is killing me too haha, checking this forum like multiple times a day. Where else have you applied?

Do they only send work experience forms to those who are shortlisted for interview?
Reply 2288
Original post by eemooz

Thank god! I've applied to Birmingham, Barts and Newcastle but to be honest all are a bit ambitious with my UKCAT (693) especially Newcastle. Birmingham and Barts are reviewing my education independently to see whether I meet the requirements (clutching at straws to see if my current postgraduate study in biochem related subject will suffice for no Chem A-level) so it really is all on Warwick for me!

What about you?
Reply 2289
Hey I've applied to Liverpool/ Cardiff with my GAMSAT score. I got 60 overall with everything above 50. I got a first in my BSc and am on track for a Distinction in my MSc. Think I'm safe?
Reply 2290
Out of curiosity (this year I applied for ukcat unis), would I likely get to the interview stage for any unis with these results? S1: 55, S2: 56, S3: 65-average=60 Just looking ahead for next year Posted from TSR Mobile

Heya, nice scores - I pretty much got the same.

It depends where you apply. Some unis ask for 60+ (plymouth, st Georges, Swansea etc).

The unis that have a cut off of 60 and below (that I can think of) are Cardiff, Liverpool, Nottingham (if you have a 2.1). So all obviously really really good universities - though there's been a few hiccups over in Cardiff recently.

In terms of interviews, I literally think if you make the cut off, you get an interview 99% of the time (unless you don't have any experience or you don't meet the academic req.).

This year there were around 10,000 students taking the GAMSAT and a score of 60 comes within the top 25%. So you're/ we're competing with 2500 other graduate students.

Hope this helps.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by W.migo
Heya, nice scores - I pretty much got the same.

It depends where you apply. Some unis ask for 60+ (plymouth, st Georges, Swansea etc).

The unis that have a cut off of 60 and below (that I can think of) are Cardiff, Liverpool, Nottingham (if you have a 2.1). So all obviously really really good universities - though there's been a few hiccups over in Cardiff recently.

In terms of interviews, I literally think if you make the cut off, you get an interview 99% of the time (unless you don't have any experience or you don't meet the academic req.).

This year there were around 10,000 students taking the GAMSAT and a score of 60 comes within the top 25%. So you're/ we're competing with 2500 other graduate students.

Hope this helps.

Hey do you mind me asking what you mean by there's been few hiccups over in Cardiff??
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Medic portal interview info. Is this completely correct? I thought NCL was MMI and Barts was a selection centre?Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 11.39.03.png
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Chocoholic20
Hey do you mind me asking what you mean by there's been few hiccups over in Cardiff??
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm guessing some people have applied to Cardiff grad without realising they actually have to have attended that university for their undergrad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2294
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

So other than the fact that some people don't realise you have to be an internal student to applyfor the accelerated course there's just been a departmental shift that's caused them to drop in the rankings. Here's an article from last year: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-32905319

Though I read something last week in Private Eye that was saying the same thing.

This won't effect anyone's applications.
I'm guessing some people have applied to Cardiff grad without realising they actually have to have attended that university for their undergrad

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's just for the 4 year programme though right?
I've applied to the 5 year course so will I be ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2296
That's just for the 4 year programme though right?
I've applied to the 5 year course so will I be ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep
Original post by Member1995
Medic portal interview info. Is this completely correct? I thought NCL was MMI and Barts was a selection centre?Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 11.39.03.png

Hey where did you find this, can you post or message me the link please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
the more i wait the more i think there is no interview this year...:frown:
No news yet either on Cambridge GEM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending