The Student Room Group

CutieTootsie's road to A*A*A*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CutieTootsie
Yay that must mean you're so awesome! hehe
If you do a lot of past papers, you WILL get very high UMS.

Maths advice: don't get complacent, do solomon papers, aqa, ocr questions - you'll get the top marks for having so much breadth! I didn't do that for decision maths so I ran out of time due to lack of familiarity.

Chemistry: a little harder to revise for, but cue cards are your best friend - that's all I did last year (not even a past paper). you do maths so you are highly advantaged, the rest is all about key words, definitions and accuracy. This year I will be doing past papers because I really want an A*, do that too if you want to go for Oxbridge.

HOPE THIS HELPS! good luck! xx

Thank you so much!x:h: Yeah I really want to apply to cambridge for economics!:biggrin: Best of luck to you too!x:h:
Original post by sunshine774
You did put your past behind you, you got amazing AS grades and have amazing A2 predictions!:smile:
I do know what you mean though, I did **** all for my GCSE's...

And she only got a B for gcse bio and chem, but A's at AS and predicted A*s! WOW!:biggrin:

Thank you! I hope you realise if you didn't do as well as you'd hope at gcse, there are still A LOT of choices out there uni wise, especially if you do fantastic at AS level :smile:

Do you do OCR A? Textbook looks familiar...:smile:

It is, but I'd be careful, there are so many mistakes in the book - it's atrocious! (although I hope they've rectified this so that your new print has less mistakes)
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you! I hope you realise if you didn't do as well as you'd hope at gcse, there are still A LOT of choices out there career wise, especially if you do fantastic at AS level :smile:

It is, but I'd be careful, there are so many mistakes in the book - it's atrocious! (although I hope they've rectified this so that your new print has less mistakes)

Well I got 3A*s, 6As and 2Bs at GCSE last year. But I am dissapointed in myself, because I know that I could have done better if I'd tried! I'm mean I'm lucky to even have those grades when I did nothing!:redface: It''s just that I don't have that satisfaction from working hard, you know? So I am giving 100% for the next two years!x:wink:
Thank you! I hope you realise if you didn't do as well as you'd hope at gcse, there are still A LOT of choices out there uni wise, especially if you do fantastic at AS level :smile:

May I ask when you started revising for AS please?x:h:
Well I got 3A*s, 6As and 2Bs at GCSE last year. But I am dissapointed in myself, because I know that I could have done better if I'd tried! I'm mean I'm lucky to even have those grades when I did nothing!:redface: It''s just that I don't have that satisfaction from working hard, you know? So I am giving 100% for the next two years!x:wink:

IMO those grades are fantastic!

I generally studied my as* off for every topic test but did nothing in between. Officially started revising everything mid-March
I'm looking for a Maths buddy, anyone wanna be buddies? (Lool) (PM?)
Original post by Niyi Aderounmu

Sure! PM me:smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi. What exam boards do you do for each of your subjects?

WELCOME.TO.THE.THREAD.OF
:yeah:"CutieTootsie's Road to A*A*A*":yeah:

About me:
Energetic, enthusiastic, smily and usually deep in thought.

Subjects:

Spoiler

UCAS updates:

Spoiler

:afraid:Results day results::afraid:

Spoiler

Your doing the same subjects as me although I'm in year 12. You also want to do medicine like I do. When did u start revising and how ?? Thanks xx
Sure! PM me:smile:

Original post by Niyi Aderounmu

Oooo me too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry revision begins! Rates of reaction doesn't seem to be a bad topic at all 😊
I forgot how time consuming it was to make cue cards though.... urgh :/

Oh man, I struggle with chemistry. Not as much as others in my class but my teacher isn't very good and I hate all the formulae. Lol. I get physics tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bengaltiger_

Which exam board?

Original post by nisha.sri
Your doing the same subjects as me although I'm in year 12. You also want to do medicine like I do. When did u start revising and how ?? Thanks xx

Around mid-march? And I write cue cards for every topic test. Biology - memorise, chemistry - do stretch challenges questions and memorise definitions, maths - past papers galore and when in doubt do past papers from other exam boards

Doesn't physics have a lot more formulae? (I heard) lol

Hi,
Do you have a gyg thread ? Here is mine please have a look http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4228678
Around mid-march? And I write cue cards for every topic test. Biology - memorise, chemistry - do stretch challenges questions and memorise definitions, maths - past papers galore and when in doubt do past papers from other exam boards

Ah ok thanks x My gcse's are quite bad :frown: Do you think i can still apply ? I got 1A*,4A's and 6 B's
Also how did you revise for the UKCAT ?
Hi,
Do you have a gyg thread ? Here is mine please have a look http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4228678

This is my gyg thread :smile:
And sure!

Ah ok thanks x My gcse's are quite bad :frown: Do you think i can still apply ? I got 1A*,4A's and 6 B's
Also how did you revise for the UKCAT ?

Yes you can, my GCSEs are not great either! You can do it.
I joined the medify course, but I didn't do well! Some people did ALOT better

I received my 1st offer this morning woohoo! MSci Mathematics! (My back up course!)
Reply 59
I received my 1st offer this morning woohoo! MSci Mathematics! (My back up course!)

Congratulations!!! I'm rooting for you:yy::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending