The Student Room Group

2017 Bristol medicine hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ruuth
Literally only received the 'acknowledgement of application' email HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA panicking :smile:)))

Same here!! There's speculation that that means our applications haven't been scored yet... Well I hope that's what it is!
Original post by megjane1510
I had my offer for interview on November 4th - Interview dates being 22nd/23rd/24th November!
Has anyone else heard back?

Yes my interviews on the 23rd
Reply 482
Original post by giraffe1234
Same here!! There's speculation that that means our applications haven't been scored yet... Well I hope that's what it is!

I hope so too! I was thinking it's because I will be rejected so they just haven't bothered to update me :s-smilie:
Original post by Sweden659
Yes my interviews on the 23rd

How are you prepping for MMI?
Original post by CutieTootsie
lol no worries. I think the equivalent of your uni fees are £3000-3600, which is great considering we pay £9250 with 2% inflation each year (thanks to the conservatives).

Nothing compared to what you'd have to pay though? Year 1 & 2 - £19,400. year 3, 4 & 5 - £35,400
bloody hell *shocked*:s-smilie:

To be honest, that's roughly the cost if I went to a Canadian or American medical school so it doesn't bother me too much.
Original post by neuralgal
To be honest, that's roughly the cost if I went to a Canadian or American medical school so it doesn't bother me too much.

Sorry! I thought you said school fees in Canada are 5-6K Canadian dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry! I thought you said school fees in Canada are 5-6K Canadian dollars.

Oh yeah, for a Bachelors degree, it'll be 5-6K a year. But for a medical degree, it's usually between 20K (Canada) and 60K (US) a year.
Original post by neuralgal
Oh yeah, for a Bachelors degree, it'll be 5-6K a year. But for a medical degree, it's usually between 20K (Canada) and 60K (US) a year.

WHY ARE THE US SO EXPENSIVE? no wonder everyone cries about university loans over there. 60K per year - who but the rich can afford that?

Reply 488
WHY ARE THE US SO EXPENSIVE? no wonder everyone cries about university loans over there. 60K per year - who but the rich can afford that?

Majority of people graduate with debt. I have friends with debt of at least 100k when they graduated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the U.S if you're an international (including Canadians) its over $100k/year in Canadian lol ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone happen to have any idea when the next batch of interviews will be released?
Reply 491
Original post by confusedspecimen
Does anyone happen to have any idea when the next batch of interviews will be released?

Think someone on here received an invite on Wednesday. Wish anyone knew ha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 492
So quiet this week! Only one person on here got an interview - has anyone received any correspondence of any sort at all since last week (for those who received the still considering e-mails)
I received an email yesterday asking for more detail about my predicted grades. I'm a graduate, and they just wanted my individual modual predictions as well as the overall prediction! A girl from my class got an interview a few days ago though.
I was reading the 2016 entry forum and people got interviews in March :/ :/ :/ :frown: could be waiting 4 whole months, fack

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 495
I don't know if this has already been answered in this thread already or not, but does anyone know how many interviews Bristol gives out, as well as how many offers they make?
Reply 496
Original post by Ridion
I don't know if this has already been answered in this thread already or not, but does anyone know how many interviews Bristol gives out, as well as how many offers they make?

[ATTACH]594260[/ATTACH This is from a few years ago, but I hope it's helpful in some way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 497
[QUOTE="jimout;68497672"]ImageUploadedByStudent Room1478897287.572557.jpg

But remember this is old data... Things have changed such as the use of ukcat, all be it a measly 10%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 498
Hey guys, Bristol and Birmingham have started to give out interviews commenicing the previous week.
Reply 499
Original post by fxb11
Hey guys, Bristol and Birmingham have started to give out interviews commenicing the previous week.

Yeah, we have managed to realise that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending