The Student Room Group

If you could live in another country, where would it be?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It would depends on my income, but Switzerland, Japan, or any Anglo-Saxon country.
Florida100%
Reply 22
Japan if I had learned the language and had a proper job, I'm not interested in being like "Davido-kun"
[video="youtube;d2FGgYp6mdk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FGgYp6mdk[/video]
Canada.

Just a better version of America really.
Canada.
Original post by yudothis
The country I already live in, Switzerland. Highest quality of life.

i thought you were all aggressively anti-racist? But you'd choose to live in an overtly institutionally racist country?
Love TSR.

The three most popular choices have the strictest or most discriminatory immigration laws.
Somalia so I can empathise with libertarians.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Canada.

Just a better version of America really.

I wouldn't judge a whole nation on the basis of their current wet blanket PM.

Pretty sure most of the people who think Canada is some kind of libertarian paradise would get out there and just freak.
Original post by Trinculo
i thought you were all aggressively anti-racist? But you'd choose to live in an overtly institutionally racist country?

Believe me, Switzerland is far less racist than the UK and in turn I dare say than the US.
Just makes me laugh.

Canada - very difficult to move to, unless you're a farmer. Shooting animals is sometimes required by law.
Switzerland - constitutionally and institutionally perhaps one of the most racist nations in the Western world.
Japan - culturally an extremely racist and misogynistic nation
Australia - one of the strictest immigration regimes in the "West", any time an "Australian model" of immigration is proposed for Britain, it's immediately labelled as racist.

TSR: "oh hai, I wanna live in Canada/Japan/Switzerland/Australia sooooo bad. Not crappy old racist Britain"
Original post by UWS
If you were given the chance to live in another country, where would it be?

And why? Discuss.

I would pick Australia, why? Strange things happen there...

P.S. I expect puns.

NOT THE US OF A

Probably in a Scandinavian country like Denmark or Norway. I visited Copenhagen with my mother a few years ago and remember being impressed by how eco-friendly it was even as a capital. Plus I'm not a huge fan of hot temperatures so US/ Australia/ China etc would be a no-no for me
Believe me, Switzerland is far less racist than the UK and in turn I dare say than the US.

[Willy Wonka]

So tell me how Croats are specifically excluded from migrating to Switzerland.

So tell me how some Cantons just voted locally to give refugees two fingers.

So tell me how in Switzerland, the federal law prohibits the construction of minarets.

Any one of those things in Britain, and you'd think it would be the end of the world.
Reply 33
America, Malayisya (im not sure if the spellings right)
Original post by Trinculo
[Willy Wonka]

So tell me how Croats are specifically excluded from migrating to Switzerland.

So tell me how some Cantons just voted locally to give refugees two fingers.

So tell me how in Switzerland, the federal law prohibits the construction of minarets.

Any one of those things in Britain, and you'd think it would be the end of the world.

Take a look at Switzerland's national football team. Then look at what they did after the Balkan war for context. Then think.

Is Islam a race or an ideology?
Reply 35
Original post by Sayfi
America, Malayisya (im not sure if the spellings right)

Malaysia :tongue:

Original post by Spock's Socks
Iceland

I went for my 21st a few years ago and I completely fell in love with the country, the people and the culture :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too, I got half price on pizzas there a few weeks ago :lol:

Spoiler

Original post by retro_turtles
Canadaaaaa

Because they have moose which get up to strange **** like THEY RUN ON TO THE ROADS. Also because its cold and i love thecold.

Of course, it's the moose... Moose meat though :colone:

I hate the cold but the people are nice there.

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
FRANCE :france:

I didn't expect anything else.

Original post by azizadil1998
Australia looks really niceee and the people are noice, ESPECIALLY THE GURLS

That's the only reason you ever need...

Norway is really nice, the people are friendly and there's a decent standard of living too.
Take a look at Switzerland's national football team. Then look at what they did after the Balkan war for context. Then think.

Is Islam a race or an ideology?

It's really quite absurd to answer the allegation that Switzerland has constitutionally racist law, with "but look at the football team".

You've earlier stated that Britain is far more racist than Switzerland. It wouldn't occur to me to claim that the England football team is some kind of proof to the contrary,

As for the Balkan wars - shout out to all the Swiss for doing a big chunk of nothing during those wars. Offering to take a few people in after the Genocide had been sorted out by NATO was real generous.
Original post by UWS
Malaysia :tongue:

Me too, I got half price on pizzas there a few weeks ago :lol:

Spoiler

Of course, it's the moose... Moose meat though :colone:

I hate the cold but the people are nice there.

I didn't expect anything else.

That's the only reason you ever need...

Norway is really nice, the people are friendly and there's a decent standard of living too.

:colondollar:
France (particularly the Indre et Loire, Savoie or Haut/Bas Rhin) or Italy (Tuscany) for me please. But maybe as it was 15 years ago...
Sweden of course.

Quick Reply

Latest