The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7760
when will other universities set a cut off? cos I have only heard St George's cut off till date
Original post by 11...
when will other universities set a cut off? cos I have only heard St George's cut off till date

Apparently Plymouth is end of next week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone,

I'm kind of confused right now. I only applied to three unis (KCL, Exeter, Manchester) because I was also applying to a university for a premed major which ended up being unsuccessful. They said the only reason they couldn't accept me was cause they already gave out all the seats in Fall (Sept) and im applying for Spring. :frown: I was wondering if there is any possible way if I can add a UK university to my UCAS. I have a 703 ukcat avg and want to apply to St.George :. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do regarding this?

Also, I have a 8/9 in IELTS and a 703 UKCAT avg and im resitting IB boards due to a mitigating circumstance. Will my above avg ukcat be able to balance my ib scores a bit if I dont perform incredibly? Any help or suggestions would be very nice. I won't be applying to US again mostly because my parents aren't keen on sending me "just for an undergrad bachelor degree" So UK is my only hope.
Original post by Niraxas
Hi everyone,

I'm kind of confused right now. I only applied to three unis (KCL, Exeter, Manchester) because I was also applying to a university for a premed major which ended up being unsuccessful. They said the only reason they couldn't accept me was cause they already gave out all the seats in Fall (Sept) and im applying for Spring. :frown: I was wondering if there is any possible way if I can add a UK university to my UCAS. I have a 703 ukcat avg and want to apply to St.George :. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do regarding this?

Also, I have a 8/9 in IELTS and a 703 UKCAT avg and im resitting IB boards due to a mitigating circumstance. Will my above avg ukcat be able to balance my ib scores a bit if I dont perform incredibly? Any help or suggestions would be very nice. I won't be applying to US again mostly because my parents aren't keen on sending me "just for an undergrad bachelor degree" So UK is my only hope.

Owh, that's tough. Sorry to hear. I would ring St. George's and ask if they would accept a late application given you meet the minimum profile for interview. Most of the schools are really strict on the deadline though. Let yourself feel optimistic about the other three, you probably have a good chance with stats like that :-)
First of all congrats to all of you who have already been invited for an interview!

A bit of information from KCL medicine undergrad:
I have just talked to the admissions office and they confirmed that they will start inviting applicants for interviews in the next 2 weeks.

Soooooo nervous!
I know somebody who received an interview from Sheffield today :-)
I'm really happy no rejections have come out yet! 😐

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by CutieTootsie
I'm really happy no rejections have come out yet! 😐

Love the positive attitude!!

So hard to stay sane during this wait... making me a nervous wreck lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just recieved interviews for cambridge and newcastle (so so shocked and excited) so fingers crossed for you all who have applied to them!
Original post by sportfanatic
I've just recieved interviews for cambridge and newcastle (so so shocked and excited) so fingers crossed for you all who have applied to them!

Brilliant, well done! Good luck in your preparations! Did you pick a college ?

Noooooo wayyyyyyyy! Which college!? I'm so happy for you!
(I applied as well)

Your stats must be AMAZING because they don't have our BMAT results yet

Wow, congrats! Which college? I applied to Lucy Cavendish, so hopefully I'll hear from them soon,too.

EDIT: just got an interview at Cambridge :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fleuves
Brilliant, well done! Good luck in your preparations! Did you pick a college ?

Thank you! Yes, I applied to Lucy cavendish :smile:
Noooooo wayyyyyyyy! Which college!? I'm so happy for you!
(I applied as well)

Your stats must be AMAZING because they don't have our BMAT results yet

Haha thank you! I'm applying for GEM so there was no entry exam :smile:
Original post by thelusa
Wow, congrats! Which college? I applied to Lucy Cavendish, so hopefully I'll hear from them soon,too.

Ahh congrats too! I applied for Lucy cavendish too :smile: when's your interview?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thelusa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome! I know you are a mature applicant like me, but are you GEM as well? (Disclosure: I'm a school leaver)

(edited 7 years ago)
Awesome! I know you are a mature applicant like me, but are you GEM as well? (Disclosure: I'm a school leaver)

Yeah, I applied for the GEM at Cambridge - I'm a final year undergrad :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="sportfanatic;68491962"]
Original post by thelusa

Ahh congrats too! I applied for Lucy cavendish too :smile: when's your interview?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome! Mine is on 23rd at 1pm. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's your undergrad in thelusa? :-) I have always thought Lucy Cavendish looks like a fab college. Best of luck!
Original post by Fleuves
What's your undergrad in thelusa? :-) I have always thought Lucy Cavendish looks like a fab college. Best of luck!

Thank you :smile: I'm studying Medical Sciences atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending