The Student Room Group

If you could live in another country, where would it be?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trinculo
It's really quite absurd to answer the allegation that Switzerland has constitutionally racist law, with "but look at the football team".

You've earlier stated that Britain is far more racist than Switzerland. It wouldn't occur to me to claim that the England football team is some kind of proof to the contrary,

As for the Balkan wars - shout out to all the Swiss for doing a big chunk of nothing during those wars. Offering to take a few people in after the Genocide had been sorted out by NATO was real generous.

No, the answer to why is Switzerland not racist is not "look at the football team". The answer to your very specific question on Croatia is.

Moose meat? you've eaten Moose meat?? huh
Original post by Sayfi
America, Malayisya (im not sure if the spellings right)

Malaysia is super liberal in terms of Islamic countries, but by most other standards isn't great. There are all sorts of racially divisive laws. It's like the SNP on steroids. If you are an ethnic Malay, you can have free university. If you're Indian or Chinese - hard cheese.
Reply 43
Original post by retro_turtles

Maybe. I've eaten lots of strange meat such as kangaroo before
It would be Somalia
Original post by retro_turtles

:afraid:

Original post by UWS

:shock:

Spoiler

Original post by UWS

Huh well then
Original post by yudothis
No, the answer to why is Switzerland not racist is not "look at the football team". The answer to your very specific question on Croatia is.

Ok. So there are a couple of players of former-Yugoslav descent on the football team, who by and large had parents coming probably in the 90s.

So it's ok that today, Croats (only) don't get free movement? The Swiss just had a vote and said - "those Croats - we don't want them (specifically). Everyone else from the EU can have free movement except Croats.

And people think Britain has problems.
Reply 48
Original post by CheeseIsVeg

Spoiler

Make me.

Spoiler

The only person who can eat me is you :frown: :frown: #Moooose
Reply 50
Korea... Love kpop and kdramas too much.
Original post by Trinculo
Ok. So there are a couple of players of former-Yugoslav descent on the football team, who by and large had parents coming probably in the 90s.

So it's ok that today, Croats (only) don't get free movement? The Swiss just had a vote and said - "those Croats - we don't want them (specifically). Everyone else from the EU can have free movement except Croats.

And people think Britain has problems.

You think there are just a couple of them here?

Over half of the Swiss population has at most one parent that is fully Swiss. Migrants make up a large part of the workforce, from the bottom to the top. On an issue that is closely related in terms of attitudes of people, Switzerland ranks highly on gender equality.

Disregarding that I was speaking from personal experience, you will not find any facts to support your argument. It's quite laughable that you are trying so hard to show something, just because you want to argue against me personally.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by UWS
Make me.

:colone: Oh I will :colone:

Original post by OvergrownMoose

:console: I know :hand: je vais te protéger :ff:
Reply 53
Original post by OvergrownMoose

:colone: Oh I will :colone:

:console: I know :hand: je vais te protéger :ff:

le room, le get :lol:
Original post by UWS
le room, le get :lol:

le fite, you lost :colone:
(edited 7 years ago)
Canada or New Zealand :daydreaming: Beautiful scenery, beautiful cities, houses in Canada are much bigger, Canada has a great education system, I love how isolated and rural NZ is... I could come up with many more reasons, but those are the main ones. I'd say Canada edges it slightly, though.
Reply 56
le fite, you lost :colone:

I didn't agree on a fight :dontknow:

Nobody wins
Original post by UWS

Nobody wins

Original post by UWS

Nobody wins

I always win :colone: