The Student Room Group

Official Ruskin School of Art Applicants 2017

Because there isn't a thread yet.. for anyone thinking of applying to the Ruskin School of Art this year to discuss. (Will definitely regret making this thread when I don't get in/don't apply)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by creamteapunk
Because there isn't a thread yet.. for anyone thinking of applying to the Ruskin School of Art this year to discuss. (Will definitely regret making this thread when I don't get in/don't apply)

Thanks for creating this thread!

We have three places available for Fine Art and will check postings from time to time to see if we can help. If you want a faster response, then messaging us, including "Brasenose" in forum posts, or tagging @BrasenoseAdm usually does the trick!

The was also a Ruskin thread in 2016 which is worth checking for guidance.

Brasenose Admissions

PS your handle, "creamteapunk", is A*
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
Thanks for creating this thread!

We have three places available for Fine Art and will check postings from time to time to see if we can help. If you want a faster response, then messaging us, including "Brasenose" in forum posts, or tagging @BrasenoseAdm usually does the trick!

The was also a Ruskin thread in 2016 which is worth checking for guidance.

Brasenose Admissions

PS your handle, "creamteapunk", is A*

PPS We've just put a profile of our new Fine Art Tutor online:

https://www.bnc.ox.ac.uk/about-brasenose/news/1661-new-fine-art-tutor-joins-brasenose
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
PPS We've just put a profile of our new Fine Art Tutor online:

https://www.bnc.ox.ac.uk/about-brasenose/news/1661-new-fine-art-tutor-joins-brasenose

Thanks for your post! Will Ian Kiaer have more involvement with Brasenose students than Ruskin students at other colleges? As one of my favourite artists, I'm rethinking my original plan to apply to Magdalen...
Thanks for your post! Will Ian Kiaer have more involvement with Brasenose students than Ruskin students at other colleges? As one of my favourite artists, I'm rethinking my original plan to apply to Magdalen...

Well, teaching itself takes place at the Ruskin and students are taught by a wide range of Faculty - so this aspect of the course is the same whichever college a Fine Artist is a member of. That said, however, as we type IK is enjoying the Freshers dinner with the three new first years we've just welcomed and is organising a trip with them to the Frieze Arts Fair in London which he's very keen on, so things like this will also happen at college level. Of course, similar activities probably go on at Magdalen and the other subjects offering places.

We hope this is helpful.
(edited 7 years ago)

I wouldn't apply based on whoever the tutor is at the college - more so focus your choice on factors such as: how big the college is (lots of faces or a few), modern or traditional architecture, food (is there kitchens or are you completely catered), fine art intake (would you prefer to be alone or have a few fine art friends in the same space as you), proximity to the ruskin (do you wanna walk or have to bike)... just anything about your living conditions really!
Does the lack of interest in this thread indicate that fewer people than normal applied to Ruskin this year?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Just received an invitation for interview at Queens, I imagine it is all starting now...
(edited 7 years ago)
Does the lack of interest in this thread indicate that fewer people than normal applied to Ruskin this year?

I personally would doubt that seeing the admission statistics for the past 5 years or so... it is rather quiet this year however
Original post by Artfanatic
I personally would doubt that seeing the admission statistics for the past 5 years or so... it is rather quiet this year however

As in, the admissions tutors are less stressed?

No no I mean that compared to last year there was more talk about the Ruskin at this time that is all
Where has everyone applied to ?
Reply 12

i expect admissions are pretty much the same - it just so happened that we were chatty last year, there wasn't much precedent for ruskin chatter before that either i don't think. it's not worth thinking about overly much. since it seems like interview decisions are being made: g.luck one + all.
Reply 13
hi, any other st edmund hall applicants? i received invitation to interview today via email.
good luck all! :smile:
Reply 14
Has anyone else applied to Lady Margaret Hall?
I have not heard anything about having an interview yet. :/
Congratulations, to the people who have received interviews already :smile:
The anticipation is killing me.
Original post by maiawh
hi, any other st edmund hall applicants? i received invitation to interview today via email.
good luck all! :smile:

Hi, I got my invitation today for Teddy Hall too ! Congratulations to everyone who have interviews so far and good luck 😊
Reply 16
Original post by Grehfa8991
Hi, I got my invitation today for Teddy Hall too ! Congratulations to everyone who have interviews so far and good luck 😊

hey, well done!! i'm super excited to meet fine art applicants:smile:
Original post by maiawh
hey, well done!! i'm super excited to meet fine art applicants:smile:

I know me too ! Do you want to message me ? See when we are going down and things like that ? 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone want to talk about any artwork they are creating at the moment?
I am genuinely interested, in what other applicants work looks like. :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by Chunkalina
Does anyone want to talk about any artwork they are creating at the moment?
I am genuinely interested, in what other applicants work looks like. :biggrin:

What college have you received an interview for? Happy to chat with other applicants. Having gone through the whole process last year without an art foundation I found the people I met (in the run up and during interviews) the most rewarding part by far. The Ruskin has such a community feel :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending