Best things for oven burn Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I accidentally leaned on the oven yesterday my arm still hurts I think there is a mark, what's the best treatment for the pain and burn
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Cold water
Anonymous #1
Done that yesterday mate

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
Cold water
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Done that yesterday mate
You're all good then. let it air, don't touch it and you'll be fine
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I accidentally leaned on the oven yesterday my arm still hurts I think there is a mark, what's the best treatment for the pain and burn
Cold water immeadately until the burning stops or for around 20mins (for future refernce) will stop it being so bad.
Then anything to help the irritation and pain. Cold water can still help because it's soothing, but also burn creams from a pharmacy and normal painkillers. Try to avoid letting it rub on clothing or anything and don't shove any ol' ointments on cos it can irritate it. Generally just wait it out.

You gan get more info on burns on the NHS website or just by googling.
Anonymous #1
Ok 😀 How long would it take to heal

You're all good then. let it air, don't touch it and you'll be fine
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ok 😀 How long would it take to heal
How deep/large a burn is this?
Anonymous #1
Ok thanks for the info it happened yesterday what creams do you recommend

(Original post by Kindred)
Cold water immeadately until the burning stops or for around 20mins (for future refernce) will stop it being so bad.
Then anything to help the irritation and pain. Cold water can still help because it's soothing, but also burn creams from a pharmacy and normal painkillers. Try to avoid letting it rub on clothing or anything and don't shove any ol' ointments on cos it can irritate it. Generally just wait it out.

You gan get more info on burns on the NHS website or just by googling.
Anonymous #1
Quite small
How deep/large a burn is this?
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Quite small
< a week
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Creams are a bad idea. If it hurt like hell and was red it's probably just a superficial burn - it'll get better on its own without any special treatment.
Anonymous #1
Would it scar 😖

< a week
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Would it scar 😖
Shouldn't if it's small
Kindred
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ok thanks for the info it happened yesterday what creams do you recommend
Ask a pharmacist. I know there are some burn creams i'm not sure what they are and what burns they are appropriate for. Most other creams will just hurt more and be bad for it so i'm not going to risk telling you the wrong one.

If the pain is really bad you can take painkillers or try numbing it with ice packs (use something to insulate and something smooth like plastic film so it's not too cold and doesn't rub on the burn too much). Best option is to try to leave it alone and wait it out though. It should improve over the next few days if it's just a minor oven burn.

Pop by a pharmacy tonight or tomorrow though and see what they suggest.

Oh and minor burns won't usually scar, but they may leave a mark for a while.
Anonymous #1
Ok thanks it's a minor burn would aloe Vera gel be alright it don't hurt that much, I live near a sainsburys pharmacy need to check them soon

Ask a pharmacist. I know there are some burn creams i'm not sure what they are and what burns they are appropriate for. Most other creams will just hurt more and be bad for it so i'm not going to risk telling you the wrong one.

If the pain is really bad you can take painkillers or try numbing it with ice packs (use something to insulate and something smooth like plastic film so it's not too cold and doesn't rub on the burn too much). Best option is to try to leave it alone and wait it out though. It should improve over the next few days if it's just a minor oven burn.

Pop by a pharmacy tonight or tomorrow though and see what they suggest.

Oh and minor burns won't usually scar, but they may leave a mark for a while.
Tiger Rag
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Put cling film over the burn. Unlike plasters, it doesn't actually stick to your skin.
Kindred
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ok thanks it's a minor burn would aloe Vera gel be alright it don't hurt that much, I live near a sainsburys pharmacy need to check them soon
To be honest I would probably tend to put aloe vera on a burn myself cos I use it for everything, but I'm not sure it's the best thing to do. Give it a go if you want to, but I'd suggest you go check at the pharmacy first. I think sainburys pharmacys stay open late so you could call and ask about aloe vera or what else would help.
*Just don't put anything on if the skin is broken.
Anonymous #1
Ok thanks never heard of that 1

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
Put cling film over the burn. Unlike plasters, it doesn't actually stick to your skin.
will'o'wisp
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Would it scar 😖
just say u got into a fight, beat some guy up who staretd on u and say u got away with a mini scar
Anonymous #1
Ok thanks yeah I'll call sainsburys pharmacy there open till 12 no skin is broken btw
To be honest I would probably tend to put aloe vera on a burn myself cos I use it for everything, but I'm not sure it's the best thing to do. Give it a go if you want to, but I'd suggest you go check at the pharmacy first. I think sainburys pharmacys stay open late so you could call and ask about aloe vera or what else would help.
*Just don't put anything on if the skin is broken.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.54%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (81)
8.82%
No I am happy with my course choice (546)
59.48%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (130)
14.16%

Watched Threads