The Student Room Group

Pokemon sun and moon announced!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vikingninja
M8 absorption is gonna be a fun fight:

Spoiler

Don't worry, the broken EXP share is back again this gen so your whole team will be massively overlevelled by the time you get to the fight. Some of the ultrabeasts have pretty good stats, but most other things are mediocre at best. Even Kommo-o only has 85 base speed, which effectively dooms it to UU or below.
Original post by JRKinder
Don't worry, the broken EXP share is back again this gen so your whole team will be massively overlevelled by the time you get to the fight. Some of the ultrabeasts have pretty good stats, but most other things are mediocre at best. Even Kommo-o only has 85 base speed, which effectively dooms it to UU or below.

Vika volt is bloody slower aggron, sorry but what even. Also fml not the exp share again.
GG just had a major plot point spoiled after watching a video.
Vika volt is bloody slower aggron, sorry but what even. Also fml not the exp share again.
Yeah I was so annoyed when I saw that, I thought it was going to be really fast. 45 base speed, was it? I'm sorry, but that's just fckin dogsh!t. What on earth were Game Freak thinking?
GG just had a major plot point spoiled after watching a video.
Might as well find out too lol, can you link it me in a spoiler tag?
Might as well find out too lol, can you link it me in a spoiler tag?

Spoiler

Also love this:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh right, I saw those earlier actually. Pretty interesting stuff.

Spoiler

Also love this:

Spoiler

Yeah lol I noticed that when I watched the leak video, depending on how much the boost is that's going to be insanely powerful.

And that wasn't a type I was expecting at all, I thought it would most likely be Ghost/Water or Water/Steel. Once again, it's insanely slow.
Oh and Knock Off has been reduced to 45 base power apparently, thank goodness. It was so broken in gen6.
Oh right, I saw those earlier actually. Pretty interesting stuff.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yeah lol I noticed that when I watched the leak video, depending on how much the boost is that's going to be insanely powerful.

And that wasn't a type I was expecting at all, I thought it would most likely be Ghost/Water or Water/Steel. Once again, it's insanely slow.

I thought it was electric since it looked like a magnet. I don't mind it being slow, make a team of mega metagross and 5x alolan golem holding focus belts (or whatever that KO item is called) and give all explosion. It'll be 1.3x boost since similar current abilities boost by the same amount.
(edited 7 years ago)

Spoiler

I thought it was electric since it looked like a magnet. I don't mind it being slow, make a team of mega metagross and 5x alolan golem holding focus belts (or whatever that KO item is called) and give all explosion. It'll be 1.3x boost since similar current abilities boost by the same amount.
Yeah, but I think that the leaks disprove the theory that the members of the Aether Foundation are ultrabeasts. They may well be beings from a higher dimension, that perhaps possess the first thing they see (wires, swords etc.); but I think the leaks have ruled out the people actually being the ultrabeasts.

Oh yeah I thought Golem would be electric too, I was referring to the anchor thing with my type predictions. Sorry for the misunderstanding! But wow, explosion is going to hurt..

Spoiler

Yeah, but I think that the leaks disprove the theory that the members of the Aether Foundation are ultrabeasts. They may well be beings from a higher dimension, that perhaps possess the first thing they see (wires, swords etc.); but I think the leaks have ruled out the people actually being the ultrabeasts.

Oh yeah I thought Golem would be electric too, I was referring to the anchor thing with my type predictions. Sorry for the misunderstanding! But wow, explosion is going to hurt..

Spoiler

It was shown in a trailer a while back that they had Z moves. Yeah the stats are pretty meh though its right in the middle of glalie and some of the sub legendaries.
It was shown in a trailer a while back that they had Z moves. Yeah the stats are pretty meh though its right in the middle of glalie and some of the sub legendaries.
Yeah but that's completely it. I thought perhaps they'd offer a bit more, perhaps something plot-releveant. I don't know what to think of this generation so far, I think most pokemon will be confined to the lower tiers. I'm not even sure how playable the main game will be with everything so slow. At least if everyone is slow, no one is technically (provided we only encounter new pokemon).

Also, Red/Blue battle music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNZ7gllxeZs
Yeah but that's completely it. I thought perhaps they'd offer a bit more, perhaps something plot-releveant. I don't know what to think of this generation so far, I think most pokemon will be confined to the lower tiers. I'm not even sure how playable the main game will be with everything so slow. At least if everyone is slow, no one is technically (provided we only encounter new pokemon).

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Spoiler

Spoiler

I was just reading about that earlier, actually. Pretty interesting stuff, and may provide us with a stronger-looking legendary (?) than Marshadow turned out to be (well, at least via appearance).

Spoiler

Who else is loving that Leech Life has been buffed to 80 base power!
Original post by markovchain17
Who else is loving that Leech Life has been buffed to 80 base power!
I think it's good because the move was pretty useless before now. They've nerfed loads of things though, namely Gengar, the ability Unaware, and apparently the eviolite (but I heard another source say that this was a false rumour so I'm not 100% on this).
What's up guys. Another pokefan here :P
I haven't really spoiled the game much for myself, it's really only the stuuuuupid youtube "recommended videos" thing that screws me over. Now I know who the Champion is :frown:

And the Red/Blue battle music is amazing.... I can't stop listening to it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest