The Student Room Group

If you could live in another country, where would it be?

Scroll to see replies

Hawaii,Mauritius
Canada :biggrin:
Seems like such a lovely and friendly place :h:
Somewhere feasible for me to actually move. If I could get a job there, Singapore would be nice.
My country is the best...flawless, beautiful Canada all day everyday. But I'd move to Britian, the culture is so beautiful, people seem nice, laid back, still gets chilly I can't do summer all year round. I think it might be similar to Canada.

Oh im so stups....and Portugal, the little islands in Azores, it has water surrounding it so it doesn't get too too hot and humid.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hawaii:

Mauritius:

Srilanka:

Antarctica:

New Zealand:

Spoiler

I think either Sweden or Germany :smile: Or both :3
Original post by Trinculo
I wouldn't judge a whole nation on the basis of their current wet blanket PM.

Pretty sure most of the people who think Canada is some kind of libertarian paradise would get out there and just freak.

I'm not.

I'm basing it on the fact America has a lot of racist, obese, ignorant, religiously intolerant and stupid people with stupid gun laws, stupid healthcare system, poor education and overall corruption.

Canada is less so.
Reply 87
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Canada :biggrin:
Seems like such a lovely and friendly place :h:

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Australia, New Zealand,Canada,Switzerland and the Netherlands.

Original post by chelseadagg3r
Canada, 100%. I've wanted to move to Canada for years :biggrin: It's so beautiful, and such weird stuff happens. Plus, the weather is much more suited to me. I also like that it borders North America so I could visit, but I wouldn't have to live there :laugh: All this, and the fact that the film industry is really moving towards Canada now :biggrin:

Quite a few Canada answers here! I love Canada too, I have some family living there.

Original post by tamil fever
x

Spoiler

Woah those are beautiful pictures!

Original post by MrDystopia
USA
Denmark
Germany

Any of those.

Denmark is pretty cool :biggrin:

Original post by rayestar
Neverland :colondollar:

Not a real country :colonhash:

Or is it :holmes:
Switzerland:

Greenland:

Iceland:

Greece:

Italy(Venice):

Vietnam:

Russia::

Maldives:

Malaysia:

Indonesia:

Peru:

Sorry if this too much.Just wanted to share these cool places:colondollar:
Original post by Trinculo
I thought you're the person who calls out racism wherever you see it.........except apparently Switzerland.

If the law of a country prohibits free EU movement of only one people, and prohibits the building of minarets (although there are fancy churches, temples and synagogues in Switzerland) - what is that?

I would suggest that Switzerland is a racist nation on the face of it. It doesn't particularly bother me, because lots of countries have their little problems. Lots of countries have racist laws and are full of racist people. What I don't get is why you want to try so hard to defend it.

Because the only reason you are trying to put forth an argument is against me. This is a wholly unrelated topic, and yet you followed on our disagreement from the other thread into this one.
America, now that they're getting a proper leader.

Free to own guns, free to be a Christian, free to be a right-winger, free to say whatever you want.
Russia, Germany, China, South Korea or France.

Spoiler

America because its the second best country after UK . It grants you more individual
rights/freedoms than lots of other countries, they are a democracy, they have many cool places I would like to visit like Woodward west skate park , white house , and
nice beaches . I like that in theory any natural born us citizen can run for president,
they have a sound economy, they speak English as a first language and their
society is equal .
Iceland, Canada or Switzerland
Dubai.
Original post by $$TRUMP4PRESI$$
America because its the second best country after UK . It grants you more individual
rights/freedoms than lots of other countries, they are a democracy, they have many cool places I would like to visit like Woodward west skate park , white house , and
nice beaches . I like that in theory any natural born us citizen can run for president,
they have a sound economy, they speak English as a first language and their
society is equal .

You are under 18 are you not?

Many countries:

- grant you more individual rights/freedoms than lots of other countries
- are a democracy
- have cool places
- nice beaches
- can run for president/leader of their country
- have a sound economy
- actually have an equal society (the US does not)
- speak English

So unless the White House is the decider...
Canada
Original post by yudothis
You are under 18 are you not?

Many countries:

- grant you more individual rights/freedoms than lots of other countries
- are a democracy
- have cool places
- nice beaches
- can run for president/leader of their country
- have a sound economy
- actually have an equal society (the US does not)
- speak English

So unless the White House is the decider...

US is only country where you have a right to bear arms and perhaps with UK and Canada grant most rights , you would be surprised how many countries abortion is not allowed and gender equality isn't really
happening ( Africa and middle east),I would want a capitalist society so that takes a few of the table , whilst there are many countries with democracy I love the idea that any natural born citizen can run for president with no prior experience, True
many places have cool places but specifically there is a ton of skate parks I want to go to that are in America, normally you have to have prior experience to get to highest office rank , America has one of the best economy's in the word, I believe
the US does have an equal society and not a huge amount of countries speak
English as a FIRST language.
Original post by $$TRUMP4PRESI$$
US is only country where you have a right to bear arms and perhaps with UK and Canada grant most rights , you would be surprised how many countries abortion is not allowed and gender equality isn't really
happening ( Africa and middle east),I would want a capitalist society so that takes a few of the table , whilst there are many countries with democracy I love the idea that any natural born citizen can run for president with no prior experience, True
many places have cool places but specifically there is a ton of skate parks I want to go to that are in America, normally you have to have prior experience to get to highest office rank , America has one of the best economy's in the word, I believe
the US does have an equal society and not a huge amount of countries speak
English as a FIRST language.

The right to bear arms is a terrible thing.

And you would be surprised in how many countries it is.

See how this goes?

And gender equality? America is pretty low on every gender equality index. Of course it is still better than most countries, but depending on what ranking you look at, they are out of the top 20 in most.

You love something that is true for every other country...and something that happened just now for the first time in a long time, maybe ever. WOW.

Equal society? Are you out of your mind?

http://inequality.stanford.edu/publications/20-facts-about-us-inequality-everyone-should-know

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_inequality_in_the_United_States

http://www.upworthy.com/if-americans-want-to-live-the-american-dream-they-should-go-to-denmark
[QUOTE="yudothis;68498262"]The right to bear arms is a terrible thing.

And you would be surprised in how many countries it is.

See how this goes?

And gender equality? America is pretty low on every gender equality index. Of course it is still better than most countries, but depending on what ranking you look at, they are out of the top 20 in most.

You love something that is true for every other country...and something that happened just now for the first time in a long time, maybe ever. WOW.

Equal society? Are you out of your mind?

http://inequality.stanford.edu/publications/20-facts-about-us-inequality-everyone-should-know

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_inequality_in_the_United_States

http://www.upworthy.com/if-americans-want-to-live-the-american-dream-they-should-go-to-denmark[/QUOTE]

You may be right on the first one but it is just an example of how much rights you are entitled to, remember I would be looking for a place where English was the
first language and had a capitalist society so that kind of narrows it down, more
the principle of it and who is to say it couldn't happen again . America is not low on Gender equality , its not perfect obviously but is still relatively good. And it is an equal society. Also all dem skate parks.

Quick Reply

Latest