The Student Room Group

Help with signalling on a roundabout

Hi

I wanted to ask on a roundabout with more than 3 exits. Like 5 exits, If one of the exits are more or less right of the roundabout should i signal right or should the right signal only be applied for the last exit of a roundabout,

Reply 1
Original post by Junaid12
Hi

I wanted to ask on a roundabout with more than 3 exits. Like 5 exits, If one of the exits are more or less right of the roundabout should i signal right or should the right signal only be applied for the last exit of a roundabout,

If you're taking the right lane on a roundabout, signal right until you approach your exit, then signal left in good time. This lets the drivers in the next exit know that they have an opportunity to go.
Reply 2
Original post by sh9
If you're taking the right lane on a roundabout, signal right until you approach your exit, then signal left in good time. This lets the drivers in the next exit know that they have an opportunity to go.

Oh ok. thanks for the help. That was my question! :smile:
Reply 3
Once you pass the exit before the one you want to take, put your left indicator on. If you're taking the first exit, then just keep your left indicator on. Past the first exit but before "straight ahead" then don't indicate until you pass the exit before the one you want to take, and then indicate left and exit. For past "straight ahead" indicate right until you pass the exit before the one you want, before switching to indicate left.
Reply 4
Original post by Nuffles
Once you pass the exit before the one you want to take, put your left indicator on. If you're taking the first exit, then just keep your left indicator on. Past the first exit but before "straight ahead" then don't indicate until you pass the exit before the one you want to take, and then indicate left and exit. For past "straight ahead" indicate right until you pass the exit before the one you want, before switching to indicate left.

Cheers mate, That helped a load.
Appreciate it :smile:
Hi

assuming the following
1. sufficient traffic to require signals to be made and strict adherance to the lanes as marked
2. signage does not direct other lanes than suggested are to be used

if the exit you are wanting is to the 'right' of straight ahead you signal right on entering the roundabout in the outer lane ( unless signs say otherwise) , and signal left on approach to your chosen exit as you move into the lefthand land

if you are taking the first exit you signal left on entering the roundabout in the left most lane

if you are taking exits (other than the first) to the 'left' of straight ahead or straight ahead exit - do not signal on entering the roundabout and signal left on approach to your chosen exit
Reply 6
If it's a lot of roundabouts and it's a right lane just signal right then after you reach the penultimate exit put the left indicator on then exit.
Reply 7
Hi

I'd say, only indicate left for the first exit, and of course be in the left lane. I'd also say to be in the left lane for exits 2 and 3, however only indicate just with enough time between the exit you just passed and the one you intend to take.

For exits 4 and 5, be in the right lane and indicate right for both, and then indicate left on your approach to the exit and ensure it's safe to take the exit, i.e. a joker isn't coming up on your left!

Quick Reply

Latest