The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We could really do with bringing in a veteran CB. We have a very young roster of CB's, and people like Rojo, Bailly and Smalling we hardly lack physical aggressive defenders. I feel like we could do with someone who while lacking the pace and youth, could bring much needed calm and organisation to the defence when required, and be a good partner to our other options. Looks like we could be needing Blind at LB on a regular basis anyway.

Could be a relatively cheap stop gap option that still strengthens the squad rather than just adding another body.
Original post by Fizzel
We could really do with bringing in a veteran CB. We have a very young roster of CB's, and people like Rojo, Bailly and Smalling we hardly lack physical aggressive defenders. I feel like we could do with someone who while lacking the pace and youth, could bring much needed calm and organisation to the defence when required, and be a good partner to our other options. Looks like we could be needing Blind at LB on a regular basis anyway.

Could be a relatively cheap stop gap option that still strengthens the squad rather than just adding another body.

what would be your opinion on Godin or Van Dijk?

Personally i would take Van Dijk caz he's younger but Godin is a quality player.
Original post by trapking
Who would you like us to buy in January? Caz Jones at CB is ew.

Who's Caz Jones
Original post by swirly
I think Tuanzebe should be given a chance tbh

Strong opinion considering you haven't seen him play before
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Apparently Smalling has broken his toe and will be out for a month. It gives Jones a chance to come in at CB and have a consistent run.

Original post by Dirtybit
Strong opinion considering you haven't seen him play before

oh rli

If there's one thing for sure, this kid has got the valance
Original post by trapking
Who would you like us to buy in January? Caz Jones at CB is ew.

I think maybe we should look to buy a proper CB in the summer as many won't be available now. I heard Thiago Silva from PSG is looking to move which would be a good move, especially if we can get it done in Jan (very unlikely). Other than that I think this is a good chance for Jose to promote our youth players and give a chance to someone like Fosu-Mensah. :colondollar:
I think maybe we should look to buy a proper CB in the summer as many won't be available now. I heard Thiago Silva from PSG is looking to move which would be a good move, especially if we can get it done in Jan (very unlikely). Other than that I think this is a good chance for Jose to promote our youth players and give a chance to someone like Fosu-Mensah. :colondollar:

Thiago Silva would be a decent signing for us. Him and Bailly at CB >>>>

Hopefully Jose gives the youth a chance so far he's not really shown us his development of youth.
Angel gomes is such a talent, he can be up close to Messi levels if he really wants it.
Original post by swirly
If you're not at the point where you're checking guys out, you're not serious about gym

Can confirm

You should get into running though, lots of recruitment consultant types love it.

Original post by Angry cucumber
Can confirm Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you make strength gains on a calorie deficit or maintenance?

Apparently Smalling has broken his toe and will be out for a month. It gives Jones a chance to come in at CB and have a consistent run.

@Kenan and Kel would like your hand in marriage
Original post by zKlown

Can you make strength gains on a calorie deficit or maintenance?

Hell yeah. I was at my strongest when weighing 66kg (benching 80kg) eating less than 2000 cals a day. Was cutting from 75kg and bench was only 60kg at the time.

would love to be in that kind of shape now:frown:
Original post by Dirtybit
Angel gomes is such a talent, he can be up close to Messi levels if he really wants it.

Do you think he has the valance?
I wish my parents invested in me becoming a footballer tbh..

So many players out there with the talent but without contacts you're nothing!
Reply 5333
Original post by swirly
Hell yeah. I was at my strongest when weighing 66kg (benching 80kg) eating less than 2000 cals a day. Was cutting from 75kg and bench was only 60kg at the time.

would love to be in that kind of shape now:frown:

I find more weight more strength. I eat 3k-3.5k calories a day and im benching 80kg. when I weighed less around 78kg I was less about checking the weights I lifted cos cardio. I wasn't the ***** who went on a treadmill at the gym for an hour but I was looking more at fat burn. was **** because I didnt bulk up enough so I looked lean with a six pack but not like bale/ronaldo shredded more like old bale.
^ if you're benching less than bodyweight, you don't have the valance

@SA-1 do you think valance is directly related to hoes? no hoes = no valance. hella hoes = hella valance. ???
[video="youtube;PxZPlWQHLUI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxZPlWQHLUI[/video]

Memphis doing a mad ting. Scored twice!
(edited 7 years ago)
Imagine a midfield 3 of William Carvalho, Fosu Mensah and Pogba.

Martial Rashford Coman

Timbo Pogba
William Carvalho

Sidibe Bailly Tuanzebe Aurier

@Dirtybit loses his mind confirmed.
Reply 5337
Fantastic team.

Zklown and fizzel busy hating.
Original post by swirly
Imagine a midfield 3 of William Carvalho, Fosu Mensah and Pogba.

Martial Rashford Coman

Timbo Pogba
William Carvalho

Sidibe Bailly Tuanzebe Aurier

@Dirtybit loses his mind confirmed.

Would never run out of stamina :redface:

Martial Rashford Dembele
A.Gomes
TFM Pogba (c)
Thoughts on griezmann wanting to move to manu according to newspapers?

Latest