The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shandawg
Does anyone know how long after the UBS first-round telephone interview it takes to know the outcome? Does a pass mean you are definitely invited to the final stage?

Took me around 15 days and yes it's either to AC or rejection
Anyone had a Deutsche Bank first round interview for Markets?? Could you provide any insight?? I can trade with MS, JPM, Barclays and Citi
Anyone else here who hasnt really heard back?

I come from a non-target and have got relevant experience. I need to know that i'm not alone in this battle :frown: we must unite
Original post by AndyDufresne26
Anyone else here who hasnt really heard back?

I come from a non-target and have got relevant experience. I need to know that i'm not alone in this battle :frown: we must unite

Target (continental Europe) and relevant experience - only got one interview/AC with a low tier bank.

Good luck and let's hope recruiting has not finished yet!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Rejected from UBS post-AC after 2 week wait..gutting!!
Original post by Emmenay

Ubs sucks anyway
Original post by gman888
Ubs sucks anyway

This is a sentiment i've seen popping up in many places. Would anyone care to explain why? Very curious.
Cheers
Original post by Emmenay

When did you do your AC?
Original post by strattonite
This is a sentiment i've seen popping up in many places. Would anyone care to explain why? Very curious.
Cheers

I too feel the same way, they are horrible. Horrible horrible HR and they dont even hire anyone anymore
Original post by seundad
When did you do your AC?

2nd Nov
Original post by Emmenay
2nd Nov

Unlucky man, Sales or Trading?
Cheers

For me, it was the least personal experience, across the board! You will meet like 4 people from desks and not single one of them gave a sht about me, just asked their pointless questions from the paper or some random technicals, very negative experience, I felt like they kept setting me up for failure rather than finding out about my motivation and skills and experiences and what I can bring to their bank!! I said that to my recruiter afterwards that I can't see myself working there (in a professional manner of course) - culture is everything in banks
Cheers

.. then again, if you're a boring fck who has zero banter then you will fit in perfectly (not your personally hahaha)
Original post by TheParham
For me, it was the least personal experience, across the board! You will meet like 4 people from desks and not single one of them gave a sht about me, just asked their pointless questions from the paper or some random technicals, very negative experience, I felt like they kept setting me up for failure rather than finding out about my motivation and skills and experiences and what I can bring to their bank!! I said that to my recruiter afterwards that I can't see myself working there (in a professional manner of course) - culture is everything in banks

welcome to the real world kid
Original post by volatilityskew2

Pleaaaaaase, i have to disagree. I've done summer internship and interviews at range of banks!! Many places out there just want to get to know you... e.g the biggest of all, Goldman is all about fit and motivation..
Original post by volatilityskew2

You sound like a great fit for UBS! :biggrin:

Original post by TheParham
Pleaaaaaase, i have to disagree. I've done summer internship and interviews at range of banks!! Many places out there just want to get to know you... e.g the biggest of all, Goldman is all about fit and motivation..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the replies guys. Very interesting views.
Good luck on the apps!
Hey! Anyone had a first round telephone interview for a SI at BAML in DCM? Any tips would be appreciated
Guys does jobtestprep include ac exercises?
Does Wells Fargo recruit in London for IBD?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending