The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7380
Original post by Enginerd.
Salaam, hope you're well. If it's possible, can you quote the Surah and Verse numbers please. Thank you. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaykum Assalaam. Alhamdulillah, hope you are well too. My apologies, I just edited it, will keep in mind next time Insha'Allah :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by User1213
maybe but Iraq was better off during his rule, no?

The Iraqis I have met who fled the country wouldn't agree. Numerous attempts at genocide, such as the al-anfal campaign which killed possibly over 100,000 people and the draining of the southern marshes inhabited by the Madan people. The use of chemical weapons against his own people and the invasion and occupation of Kuwait are just more examples. The last three years in Iraq has resulted in some 70,000 deaths, over a three year period in the late 80's, Saddam managed to kill an equally large number of people in the al-Anfal campaign. In what sense are you defining 'better' then?
Original post by User1213
The ones I have met agree that life overall for the average Iraqi was better under Saddam Hussein, and remember the West has killed hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi's in the process of 'liberation' of Iraq.

The first Gulf War was undertaken under the purpose of freeing Kuwait from Iraqi occupation. On the 26th of February every year, Kuwaitis celebrate Liberation Day, the day when "the West" (which is rather arbitrary considering it includes Saudi Arabia, Morocco etc..) freed Kuwait from the Iraqi occupation.

As for the second Gulf War, Saddam was in the process of committing genocide against the Madan people. The draining of the marshes in southern Iraq would have left the Madam people without food or water, so we could be talking of tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of deaths. So even if "the West" hadn't engaged in the second Gulf War, we would still be confronted with a large death toll from Saddam's attempt at genocide of the Madan people.

So I still fail to see where Iraq under Saddam was 'better'. Iraq isn't in a good sate right now, but neither was it in a good state under Saddam.
Original post by ak143244
Is that your twitter?

Yes :h:
Original post by TheProphetsPath
loool using isoc for self promo :rofl:

No, it's not my personal Twitter account, it's a Twitter account that includes Islamic quotes, Hadith and reminders.
Original post by IdeasForLife
You should make the tweets public. More people will be able to benefit that way.

I will do, thank you for the advice.
Assalamu aleykum everyone.

Its so funny how Islamophobia and the growing negative perception of Muslims only serves to strengthen my imaan and my connection with Allah (swt).
No worries bro. How are you doing today?

Not too bad, Alhumdulillah. Looking forward to a wedding today :smile:

Original post by h333
Wa'alaykum Assalaam. Alhamdulillah, hope you are well too. My apologies, I just edited it, will keep in mind next time Insha'Allah :smile:

Alhumdulillah, thank you. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kyou
Assalamu aleykum everyone.

Its so funny how Islamophobia and the growing negative perception of Muslims only serves to strengthen my imaan and my connection with Allah (swt).

W. Salaam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333
🙌 May Allah keep us on the straight path. Ameen.

SubhanAllah so effective. Jzk for sharing. Prsom.

Ameen. :smile:
Original post by senoritatimaa
No, it's not my personal Twitter account, it's a Twitter account that includes Islamic quotes, Hadith and reminders.

that sounds like a good idea
btw I'm sorry i was joking i wasn't trying to be mean.

Jazak'Allah, it's fine...
Assalaamualaikum

What would you say is the best way to use ibn kathir tafsir with the Quran? Alhumdulillah I now have the last volume, but am quite unsure how I can use it to obtain maximum benefit from it. My General aim is to try and develop a better understanding of the Quran

JazakAllah Khair

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

OK :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shahida sulaiman
OK :h:

thanks for understanding
(edited 7 years ago)
thanks for understanding

I know :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sabahshahed294
Walikum assalam sis.
Inna Lilayhi Wa Inna Ilahyi Rajeeon!
Sorry to hear about it! May Allah bless him with Jannah. Ameen.

Wa'alaykumasalaam

I am sorry to hear that. I hope you are feeling better today insha'Allah. We will.

Ameen.

Original post by beautifulxxx
Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon.

Very sorry to hear this news, ameen ya rabb x
stay strong

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Leukocyte
Walaykum asalaam

Inna lillahi wa inna ilahi rajioon.

Sorry to hear about that.
Ameen to all duas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by shahida sulaiman
Inalillahi wainna ilaihi rajion!!!
I m so sorry to hear that !! :frown:
May Allah grant him jannah and forgive him !!!
Ameen !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by HAnwar
Wasalam

Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon.

May Allah shower His mercy on him and grant him jannah.

Ameen.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ak143244
Salams,

Ameen..

Jazakallah everyone :smile: ameen

How are you all.today? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tasha_tah
Jazakallah everyone :smile: ameen

How are you all.today? :smile:

Alhamdullilah good