The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kimsiclez
Do they only send work experience forms to those who are shortlisted for interview?

yes, but that doesnt mean youve met the ukcat cut off i dont think.
Does anybody know how long it will take for SGUL to reply back?
Original post by W.migo
Hey I've applied to Liverpool/ Cardiff with my GAMSAT score. I got 60 overall with everything above 50. I got a first in my BSc and am on track for a Distinction in my MSc. Think I'm safe?

I don't know much about Liverpool outside the GAMSAT, but regarding the GAMSAT score alone I'd definitely say so.
Sorry for double post

UCAS released some info about this years application numbers:

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/news-and-key-documents/news/applicant-numbers-%E2%80%98early-deadline%E2%80%99-university-courses-increase

I think med student applications are down 4%
Original post by Marathi
Sorry for double post

UCAS released some info about this years application numbers:

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/news-and-key-documents/news/applicant-numbers-%E2%80%98early-deadline%E2%80%99-university-courses-increase

I think med student applications are down 4%

Med school applicants are down, while 18 year olds applying are up, think that looks good for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2325
Original post by Rosser1994
Med school applicants are down, while 18 year olds applying are up, think that looks good for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not that I have any hope for myself given my fab :colondollar: Gamsat marks but if my maths is right, applications from UK/eu/intl grads (ie from non 18/19) has gone down by 15%.
I got 6350 for 2016 and 5380 for 2017.

This number obviously includes those grads applying for 5 year courses too. So good luck peeps! I hope you all get it!
Original post by chartee21
Hello!

Just thought I'd let people know that I've spoken to Warwick and they're not expecting to finish shortlisting till the 10th/11th of December (so long away :frown: ) and Southampton are expecting to send out their invites at the end of December roughly 2 weeks before interview!! They seem to like keeping us hanging on! I've also emailed Cambridge to get an update (i am ridiculously impatient seemingly) so will update when I hear!

Hope everyone is doing okay and not stressing too much like me! :smile:

When you say Southampton are expecting to send out invites 2 weeks before interview, so when do they do the actual interviews then? Is it in early January? I thought Southampton did interviews in early December and sent out invites in November? Also with Warwick, if they don't finish shortlisting until 11th December, when is the actual interview held? They both just sound like they are doing interviews between Christmas and New Years eve, lol!

And do you know if you get a choice of dates you can pick for interview or is it just the one date?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2327
Original post by mj1dan2014
When you say Southampton are expecting to send out invites 2 weeks before interview, so when do they do the actual interviews then? Is it in early January? I thought Southampton did interviews in early December and sent out invites in November? Also with Warwick, if they don't finish shortlisting until 11th December, when is the actual interview held? They both just sound like they are doing interviews between Christmas and New Years eve, lol!

And do you know if you get a choice of dates you can pick for interview or is it just the one date?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/selection_day_dates.page

Southampton graduate interview days are 9th and 11th of January - I suspect they will let us know 3rd week of December as I highly doubt people will be in over the holidays!
Hey guys! I was recently invited for a Cambridge MMI but I am very unprepared as I really wasn't expecting to get an interview. I've been over the generic questions but does anyone have any experience of the interview process or know anything about the format of the questions? Any advice will be appreciated!
Original post by cap2hom
Hey guys! I was recently invited for a Cambridge MMI but I am very unprepared as I really wasn't expecting to get an interview. I've been over the generic questions but does anyone have any experience of the interview process or know anything about the format of the questions? Any advice will be appreciated!

congrats!!!

when you say recently, when did you receive invite?
Reply 2330
I attended the interview last year. The advise I can give is to be well prepared to think on your feet especially in the three stations where they ask the life science questions. Don't get bogged down in revising abstruse intricacies because you think the questions are going to be super-duper difficult because it is Cambridge. For the general questions, books on MMI available for purchase on the market are fine. Beware about being asked how your previous or current research at undergrad or postgrad level relate to medicine. I know it sounds trite, but relax. They are very nice and helpful thorought the all process: no gotcha questions.Good luck, you will do great. 😆
Original post by cap2hom
Original post by Ama2007
congrats!!!

when you say recently, when did you receive invite?

Around yesterday afternoon - so very recent :biggrin:

Original post by DanaUS
I attended the interview last year. The advise I can give is to be well prepared to think on your feet especially in the three stations where they ask the life science questions. Don't get bogged down in revising abstruse intricacies because you think the questions are going to be super-duper difficult because it is Cambridge. For the general questions, books on MMI available for purchase on the market are fine. Beware about being asked how your previous or current research at undergrad or postgrad level relate to medicine. I know it sounds trite, but relax. They are very nice and helpful thorought the all process: no gotcha questions.Good luck, you will do great. 😆

Thanks a bunch - it was the gotcha questions I was worried about but if there aren't any, I think I can relax a little! :h:
congrats to everyone who's got interview invites already!! Hope you smash them
Wow, congrats to people who have gotten cambridge interviews!! But I'm wondering does that mean that if you haven't been invited by now that they aren't going to invite you? How does it work? I would have thought they would decide who they are going to invite and send out invitation/rejection emails simultaneously?
Original post by catface34
Wow, congrats to people who have gotten cambridge interviews!! But I'm wondering does that mean that if you haven't been invited by now that they aren't going to invite you? How does it work? I would have thought they would decide who they are going to invite and send out invitation/rejection emails simultaneously?

i heard by 15th Nov, we should hear,

do you think they will send invited on sunday?

i am just being paranoid now lol
Original post by Ama2007
i heard by 15th Nov, we should hear,

do you think they will send invited on sunday?

i am just being paranoid now lol

I heard that too, I'm just hoping that they're gradually sending out invites and that it's not all over for the rest of us :frown: Nah I doubt we'd hear anything tomorrow, but then ya never know?
Has anyone been rejected yet? My September GAMSAT scores were low and my s3 was below the 50 cutoff (whereas my March results were better but I didnt ask ACER to submit those results). But I haven't been rejected yet so I'm kind of confused at why because it should have been automatic no?
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
Has anyone been rejected yet? My September GAMSAT scores were low and my s3 was below the 50 cutoff (whereas my March results were better but I didnt ask ACER to submit those results). But I haven't been rejected yet so I'm kind of confused at why because it should have been automatic no?

Unfortunately a lot of unit don´t actually seem to send out rejections until a lot later in the process even if it would be an ´automatic no´.
I've never hated weekends so much as I currently do.... All this waiting!
Also had a nightmare last night that I had changed one of my choices to another university without realising and that my borderline GAMSAT score wasn't good enough for the one I had switched too but was perfect for the one I had originally applied too and everyone had gotten offers.....I had to double check UCAS this morning to make sure I hadn't actually done that in my sleep! Woke up feeling so depressed hahahaha :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending