The Student Room Group

Anyone wanna talk??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi

As the title says. Not doing great and just want help in distracting my thoughts.

Hey,

Life is always gonna have its ups and downs. Think about it , if your life was perfect the happiness in your life would be meaningless wouldn't it.

The girl I liked for ages basically rejected me and I felt upset and empty , it felt worse than the usual sadness in a way.

But oh well you can't keep sulking forever you know , you gotta pull yourself up because life isn't gonna wait for you.

I recently organized the volleyball ball team at my college and I'm the most unathletic person on the team and definitely the worst but instead of letting that get me down I decided to make it my goal to win the regionals and not just sit on the bench when it comes time to actually play. Not many people think that stand a chance at winning even my coach , but I disagree . That's why I have been trying my hardest to get better and practicing as much as I can. And honestly when I play or practice volleyball I forget everything and only focus on getting better.

So my advice would be probably find a goal for something your passionate about and it should help 😊
Original post by Cursed Hedgehog
Hey,

Life is always gonna have its ups and downs. Think about it , if your life was perfect the happiness in your life would be meaningless wouldn't it.

The girl I liked for ages basically rejected me and I felt upset and empty , it felt worse than the usual sadness in a way.

But oh well you can't keep sulking forever you know , you gotta pull yourself up because life isn't gonna wait for you.

I recently organized the volleyball ball team at my college and I'm the most unathletic person on the team and definitely the worst but instead of letting that get me down I decided to make it my goal to win the regionals and not just sit on the bench when it comes time to actually play. Not many people think that stand a chance at winning even my coach , but I disagree . That's why I have been trying my hardest to get better and practicing as much as I can. And honestly when I play or practice volleyball I forget everything and only focus on getting better.

So my advice would be probably find a goal for something your passionate about and it should help 😊

Hey

I understand your point there. and i get that.

Sorry to hear that. And that's great you have started a volleyball.

Thank you for the advice.
Reply 22
Original post by The Joker ~
hell ~ ooooooooooo

hi, i see you have more gems than me -_-
Reply 23
1. I got stuck in the terminals at a train station when i was 4
2. dunno
3. dont wanna say.

what about you??

1. embarrasning- my friends posted really ugly pic of me to the hawtest guy i knew on my birthday. And told him to say happy bday. (yesterday)I am still to mortified to text him back :angry:
2.Funny- was on the bus, when my entire squad of boys i knew swaggered on the bus and were like heeeey girl what up, and surrounded me. These two white men ( aaaw they were amazning) grabbed the guys and beat them up saying dont mess with the little girl (i am tiny in reality) and i had to tell them knew the guys. we all got kicked off the bus. oops
3. scary- the car accident and when my cousin put a spider on my head :redface:
@The Joker ~
Reply 24
Okay have done.

life is always gloomy ya know. its life ~sigh~
if u want u can send me a good rant and ill listen. it helps me :smile:
But try to invent the lightbulb for your life, it'll brighten it up. Even though its hard.
Original post by HS2030
life is always gloomy ya know. its life ~sigh~
if u want u can send me a good rant and ill listen. it helps me :smile:
But try to invent the lightbulb for your life, it'll brighten it up. Even though its hard.

Yea sure is.

Thank you for the offer.

And that is very true point there.
Original post by HS2030
hi, i see you have more gems than me -_-

Gems? i don't know but one thing is sure I have far more bad reputation~ xd
Original post by HS2030
1. embarrasning- my friends posted really ugly pic of me to the hawtest guy i knew on my birthday. And told him to say happy bday. (yesterday)I am still to mortified to text him back :angry:
2.Funny- was on the bus, when my entire squad of boys i knew swaggered on the bus and were like heeeey girl what up, and surrounded me. These two white men ( aaaw they were amazning) grabbed the guys and beat them up saying dont mess with the little girl (i am tiny in reality) and i had to tell them knew the guys. we all got kicked off the bus. oops
@The Joker ~

I have virtually *****ed in my pants~ .-.
Queen H. = gansta material~
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HS2030
@The Joker ~

Aww that sounds very humiliating.

Lucky you.

Sorry to hear about the car accident and are you scared of spiders??
Life in general is gloomy.

Why is that~?
Why is that~?

Just home life is bad, no one but my mum cares about me in the family, but i dont live with her. Also have the overwhelming sense of alone :/
I have an awful home life so I feel your pain. I'm just glad I'll be going to uni next year far far away from my parents and that is the only thing that keeps me sane.
Just home life is bad, no one but my mum cares about me in the family, but i dont live with her. Also have the overwhelming sense of alone :/

Looks like you love her an awful lot... Make sure you make her feel this love when you get to be with her. Being alone has it's good sides too... There are things you can change and things that you cannot. So don't be too sad, try to change what you can. Like you could try to make friends and spend time with them.
(edited 7 years ago)
I have an awful home life so I feel your pain. I'm just glad I'll be going to uni next year far far away from my parents and that is the only thing that keeps me sane.

Aw sorry to hear that and good for you, i unfortunately had to wait 2 year until uni and even then i dont think i will get the grades to get to uni. :/
I'm feeling the same - I've had the most atrocious week, so glad to get to the weekend and forget everything, have a bit of a disaster and then when things can't get worse they do. At least this post makes me think I'm not alone... So thank you x
Looks like you love her an awful lot... Make sure you make her feel this love when you get to be with her. Being alone has it's good sides too... There are things you can change and things that you cannot. So don't be too sad, try to change what you can. Like you could try to make friends and spend time with them.

Yea i do and she knows, but unfortunately im banned from seeing her. :/

And thank you for the advice.
Yea i do and she knows, but unfortunately im banned from seeing her. :/

And thank you for the advice.

Why banned ~ pm me!!
Why banned ~ pm me!!

Okay.
I'm on a gap year and resitting a few exams from A2 which is not great. Especially seeing my friends at uni having a lot of fun. I'm sure you can get the grades you need, just believe that you can!
I'm feeling the same - I've had the most atrocious week, so glad to get to the weekend and forget everything, have a bit of a disaster and then when things can't get worse they do. At least this post makes me think I'm not alone... So thank you x

Aww sorry to hear that and no worries, just remember you aint alone.

I'm on a gap year and resitting a few exams from A2 which is not great. Especially seeing my friends at uni having a lot of fun. I'm sure you can get the grades you need, just believe that you can!

Aww i understand and its hard to believe in myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending