The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What did people write for JPM question: Please write about a recent news article that has interested you and how you feel that subject would relate to J.P. Morgan (200 words)

I literally have no idea what to write?!!!!!!???!?! Should I talk about the US Presidential election or should I talk about JPM M&A deals or what? So confused :/
Original post by Vegan_
What did people write for JPM question: Please write about a recent news article that has interested you and how you feel that subject would relate to J.P. Morgan (200 words)

I literally have no idea what to write?!!!!!!???!?! Should I talk about the US Presidential election or should I talk about JPM M&A deals or what? So confused :/

Pick up a newspaper (a decent one, not the daily mail), read it, choose a story that you found interesting, talk about the key points, relate it to JPM. Not hard bruh

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyone's applied to credit suisse - did you have an issue where for the highest possible grade attainable it didn't have the British options only GPA.
Reply 1903
Hi guys,

Thanks for the very helpful thread!
Could someone help me with the following: BarCap says on the homepage of it's SW program that you only have to fill in some basic details and your CV, however once you start the application process and get to the upload your CV part, it says 'Please attach all relevant files (e.g. CV/Resume, cover letter, references, etc.)'. So do you actually have to write a cover letter etc. Or is only a CV sufficient?

Thanks!
Original post by Vegan_

Maybe talk about hard Brexit and leaving the single market or Trump winning and his idea of deregulating the financial sector. It's quite easy to relate this to JPM.
Original post by Eligs
Hi guys,

Thanks for the very helpful thread!
Could someone help me with the following: BarCap says on the homepage of it's SW program that you only have to fill in some basic details and your CV, however once you start the application process and get to the upload your CV part, it says 'Please attach all relevant files (e.g. CV/Resume, cover letter, references, etc.)'. So do you actually have to write a cover letter etc. Or is only a CV sufficient?

Thanks!

CV

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99
Maybe talk about hard Brexit and leaving the single market or Trump winning and his idea of deregulating the financial sector. It's quite easy to relate this to JPM.

Literally everyone will talk about both of those things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Literally everyone will talk about both of those things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know, I'm not going to give him original ideas am I
Reply 1908

Cheers!
Both JP and CS require a numerical btw right?
Original post by Eligs
Cheers!
Both JP and CS require a numerical btw right?

No, only CS (+verbal)
Does DB screen before sending tests?

Curious as to why they haven't sent an email about them.
Does DB screen before sending tests?

Curious as to why they haven't sent an email about them.

Yes they do - for SW at least

"Congratulations! We are delighted to inform you that your application has been progressed to the next stage of the assessment process. We would like to invite you to complete an online Numerical Reasoning test. "
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bm1986
Yes they do - for SW at least

"Congratulations! We are delighted to inform you that your application has been progressed to the next stage of the assessment process. We would like to invite you to complete an online Numerical Reasoning test. "

Cheers! So that's Citi + DB that screen before tests? I take it Nomura/HSBC are automatic?
Original post by Trader07
Yes they are.

Thanks!
Reply 1914
Cheers! So that's Citi + DB that screen before tests? I take it Nomura/HSBC are automatic?

HSBC say 'you have met the initial screening criteria' when they send you the tests, but I'm not sure how extensive this is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IMZL
HSBC say 'you have met the initial screening criteria' when they send you the tests, but I'm not sure how extensive this is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably a computer check of the right grad year, that you're in uni etc
Original post by vardymahrez
Done MS telephone interview. Thought it went well. Looking for advice on Barclays questions. PM me

How did you prep for MS and how you prepping BarCap?
has anyone done the barclays online interview and would be able to give me some advice/tips for it?
Original post by ssdhillon
has anyone done the barclays online interview and would be able to give me some advice/tips for it?
Likewise
Original post by Terry Tibbs
Likewise

Video interview right? How're Barclays recruiting for SWs this year?

Are they recruiting on a rolling basis? Seeing as everyone gets the interview invite?

Latest

Trending

Trending