The Student Room Group

graduate medicine

i know that you can do a degree that gets you a Bsc then go into medicine three years later. is this way more beneficial than going from a levels straight to medicine?would you be better/relaxed in a way having already done a degree?

also, what do you do in say biomedical science/biochemistry? is it just studying cells and spread of disease stuff like that? i have done some research but still a bit confused. thanks.
Original post by hello654321
i know that you can do a degree that gets you a Bsc then go into medicine three years later. is this way more beneficial than going from a levels straight to medicine?would you be better/relaxed in a way having already done a degree?

also, what do you do in say biomedical science/biochemistry? is it just studying cells and spread of disease stuff like that? i have done some research but still a bit confused. thanks.

It's not easy either way because they're both very competitive stages. Usually they accept various degrees but some med schools are specific. Usually it consists of degrees like: Biomedical, Biochemistry, Genetics etc.
Original post by Illimitable
It's not easy either way because they're both very competitive stages. Usually they accept various degrees but some med schools are specific. Usually it consists of degrees like: Biomedical, Biochemistry, Genetics etc.

oh ok, i guess it'll be very hard and competitive either way then. still sounds fun!
is biomedical similar to biochemistry? i know there will be some differences as they are both different courses but i have been reading that both focus on study on organisms, systems, disease and the lot?
Original post by hello654321
oh ok, i guess it'll be very hard and competitive either way then. still sounds fun!
is biomedical similar to biochemistry? i know there will be some differences as they are both different courses but i have been reading that both focus on study on organisms, systems, disease and the lot?

It's similar in some ways but Biomedical is more related for GEM.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending