The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by Nikita Verma
So far the lowest score they've invited is 690-693 so applicants above this can breathe. :tongue: (Home applicants)

Where did you hear this and are you sure that these people were normal undergraduates??(not PARTNERS)
Original post by CSD99
Where did you hear this and are you sure that these people were normal undergraduates??(not PARTNERS)

partners doesnt affect how likely u will get an offer or interview. it just lowers ur conditional offer if u get one!
Original post by Beska
Don't worry, if your UKCAT score is similar to the ones being invited to interview and you've not made a massive mistake in applying by not meeting the minimum entry requirements (which are fairly reasonable) you'll get an interview. Newcastle are very transparent with their applications process so there's no smoke and mirrors when it comes to deciding if you're likely to get an interview or not - especially now they've started inviting UKCAT scores similar to yours.

Do you think the next people called for interview will be for 12-16 december batch or the january batch?
Original post by rayytbh
partners doesnt affect how likely u will get an offer or interview. it just lowers ur conditional offer if u get one!

Quoted from the Newcastle Medicine Admissions Policy:

"The Widening Access routes of entry may attract a different UKCAT threshold to the standard application route of entry."

The threads from previous years support this view ie; applicants applying through this route have been offered interviews with a lower UKCAT threshold than through the standard route.
I'm reapplying to Newcastle via partners- I got an interview last year with 607 ave. Must have been the lowest one (oops!). This year I brought it up to 638, soo, a bit better. Hoping for an interview but I don't want to jinx things!! Also hope MMI is a bit better. I'm an access to Leeds applicant too if anyone else is!
So far the lowest score they've invited is 690-693 so applicants above this can breathe. :tongue: (Home applicants)

But this was for the partners scheme right?

Where did you come across this information?
Reply 447
Original post by Rndons19
I see congrats with getting an interview

Nope I don't have an interview yet haha!
Reply 448
Original post by rayytbh

Technically it does if they lower the UKCAT cutoff for partners applicants, but I get where you're coming from
Original post by Cal 1
Technically it does if they lower the UKCAT cutoff for partners applicants, but I get where you're coming from

there's a seperate thread on tsr for partners if you'd like to talk about this there as it's more relevant
Hey, i applied thinking every school permitted AS resits as I need to resit C1 and C2. Problem is i put those grades as pending with my overall AS grade as a B. Will they instantly reject me based on this? Or since I havent resat yet will they inform me of this? Or do i need to call them up?
Only asking because Sheffield say u need to do A levels on the 'first attempt' but they allow modular resits. Newcastle say the same thing so i assumed they allowed it as well :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 451
Received an interview yesterday afternoon!!! Ukcat 763 avg, SJT band 1. Definitely seems like they are just working down from ukcat scores so far. Got to choose from dates between 12th and 16th december, either am or pm slot. SO happy!!!
Original post by AZ98
Received an interview yesterday afternoon!!! Ukcat 763 avg, SJT band 1. Definitely seems like they are just working down from ukcat scores so far. Got to choose from dates between 12th and 16th december, either am or pm slot. SO happy!!!

Well done! Are most of the slots taken?
Reply 453
Original post by manlike99
Well done! Are most of the slots taken?

Thank you so much!

Last time i checked (earlier today), the last date i.e. friday 16th december is all boked up - i understand everyone was desperate to get the latest slot possible so they have more time to prepare :u: unfortunately i'm working on that day otherwise i'd totally have done the same......

The monday (12th) slots are still available, as are tuesdays and wdnesdays. Thursday afternoon is booked but am is still available.
Original post by AZ98
Thank you so much!

Last time i checked (earlier today), the last date i.e. friday 16th december is all boked up - i understand everyone was desperate to get the latest slot possible so they have more time to prepare :u: unfortunately i'm working on that day otherwise i'd totally have done the same......

The monday (12th) slots are still available, as are tuesdays and wdnesdays. Thursday afternoon is booked but am is still available.

Thank you :smile: I guess the next batch will have the 12-16 december option rather than Jan then
(edited 7 years ago)
I was the last one on to thursday afternoon :biggrin: For the time it says 12-5pm, surely they don't want us to be there for 5 hours right?
I was the last one for the 16th PM but it only said 12pm
Original post by rayytbh
I was the last one for the 16th PM but it only said 12pm

If you login and click on the event, it says that it starts at 12pm and finishes at 5pm
Anyone know what the lowest UKCAT score has been for standard UG entry interview so far?
Reply 459
Original post by HopelessMedic
Anyone know what the lowest UKCAT score has been for standard UG entry interview so far?

Definitely 740, and I believe someone said they had one with 730.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending