The Student Room Group

2017 Mathematics Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheRandomGenius
Thank you - Girton! Not the most glamorous but at the end of the day, Cambridge is Cambridge

I think it looks really nice there! It's got a swimming pool hasn't it? What UMS scores did you get in your AS?
Reply 121
Original post by sarahjackson1999
I got an offer from Nottingham a few weeks ago, about 10 days after I sent off my UCAS. I had a maths interview at Manchester last week, it wasn't that formal, quite short. Mine was just a chat about what I like about maths, and a friend of mine said her interviewer spent half of the time asking her about A level art

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did they ask you any maths questions? Also, have you heard anything back since the interview?
Original post by issy144
Did they ask you any maths questions? Also, have you heard anything back since the interview?

I didn't get asked a maths question and neither did my friend, according to the students I met around 50% get a maths question. I've had an email saying they are in the process of making me an offer but I haven't actually received an offer/rejection yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 123
I didn't get asked a maths question and neither did my friend, according to the students I met around 50% get a maths question. I've had an email saying they are in the process of making me an offer but I haven't actually received an offer/rejection yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thank you, good luck 🙂
Original post by issy144
Okay thank you, good luck 🙂

My offer just came through about 10 minutes ago! 3 As, including maths and further maths :smile:
Original post by jadeemma
I think it looks really nice there! It's got a swimming pool hasn't it? What UMS scores did you get in your AS?

My UMS was actually quite poor by Cambridge standards. 290/300 AS maths, 267/300 FM
Reply 126
My offer just came through about 10 minutes ago! 3 As, including maths and further maths :smile:

Congrats! Hope mine goes as well as yours!
Original post by TheRandomGenius
My UMS was actually quite poor by Cambridge standards. 290/300 AS maths, 267/300 FM

They're great UMS scores! Good Luck with your interview when you go for it :-)
Name: Ash
AS Results: AAAA (maths, physics, chemistry, computer science)
A2 (predicted): A*A*A*A* (maths, further maths, physics, chemistry
UMS: 690/700
Universities applied to: Cambridge (Trinity), Imperial, Warwick, St Andrews, Bath
Fun fact: somewhat decent pianist
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Heisenberg'sCat
Name: Ash
AS Results: AAAAA (maths, further maths, physics, chemistry, computer science)
A2 (predicted): A*A*A*A* (maths, further maths, physics, chemistry
UMS: 690/700
Universities applied to: Cambridge (Trinity), Imperial, Warwick, St Andrews, Bath
Fun fact: somewhat decent pianist

Welcome to the thread Ash. Congratulations on your brilliant results at AS level :smile:! Which modules did you do at AS?
Original post by Cryptokyo
Welcome to the thread Ash. Congratulations on your brilliant results at AS level :smile:! Which modules did you do at AS?

Thank you! C1, C2, C3, S1, S2, M1, M2. Actually I apologise - I didn't do 3 FM modules and so I didn't get an A in further maths.
Has anyone received an offer from Imperial yet?
Original post by Student_2357
Has anyone received an offer from Imperial yet?

I don't think they get our MAT results until around 21st November

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
I received a conditional offer on Nov. 2nd
Original post by PMC01234
I received a conditional offer on Nov. 2nd

From imperial? Did you sit the MAT?
Original post by louisforrest
From imperial? Did you sit the MAT?

Yes, they ask me 16 overall at the French Baccalaureate (A*) with 16 maths (A*) and 15 physics-chemistry (A).

I passed the MAT and received an offer maybe 5 hours later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my 1st offer at last ! (applied october 14th) Got an offer for Mathematics (MSci) this morning at University of Bristol! woohoo!
subject to getting AAA
Original post by PMC01234
Yes, they ask me 16 overall at the French Baccalaureate (A*) with 16 maths (A*) and 15 physics-chemistry (A).

I passed the MAT and received an offer maybe 5 hours later.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For what course?
Original post by Student_2357
For what course?

BSc Maths & Stats (G1G3)
I've got an interview at Cambridge Uni!! Got to submit 3 topics to talk about! Any ideas?

Quick Reply

Latest