The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP! Do I mention that I left 6th form after a year and went to college?

So I went to 6th form for a year which I didn't enjoy, and left after a year to go to college instead with Medicore AS grades- CCD. However, I studied Russian at a GCSE level at the 6th form which I got an A grade in, and I'd like for that to be included in my application. Should I talk about my year in 6th form in my personal statement? Do I mention it on my UCAS application? I'm worried my poor performance during my year in 6th form could overshadow my application, especially since I'm doing much better in college.
Original post by Stanzzy
So I went to 6th form for a year which I didn't enjoy, and left after a year to go to college instead with Medicore AS grades- CCD. However, I studied Russian at a GCSE level at the 6th form which I got an A grade in, and I'd like for that to be included in my application. Should I talk about my year in 6th form in my personal statement? Do I mention it on my UCAS application? I'm worried my poor performance during my year in 6th form could overshadow my application, especially since I'm doing much better in college.

You have to mention it in your education section but leave it out of your ps as it should be a positive thing.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
You have to mention it in your education section but leave it out of your ps as it should be a positive thing.

Right, thank you. Will universities care about my As level results, or will they only care about my current college grades and what I'm projected to get?
Original post by Stanzzy
Right, thank you. Will universities care about my As level results, or will they only care about my current college grades and what I'm projected to get?

They would care that you did AS for a year and your current grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending