University of York offer holders 2017/18

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KateW98
AAA for Biomedical sciences MBiomedSci :smile:

What grades did you get?
University of York
York
Reply 21
I got an offer for PPE at york, 85% at 3 exams, which is equivalent to 3 very weak As ( 80 % - B, 90 % - A). Sadly, York is only my insurance choice and no offers from anywhere else yet
Reply 22
I got an offer on Friday of AAB for Biology! Couldn't be more pleased considering I was adamant they would offer me AAA if anything- esp. considering my predicted grades are higher!

I was just wondering if anyone knew if my offer could include Critical Thinking? It only says exclude general studies in my letter and on UCAS? I was going to ring them, but thought I'd ask on here first just in case!

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by ConicalFlask
Just got an unconditional for biomedical science!!!:biggrin:

woooah congrats!! :biggrin:
I got an offer of AAA on October 20th for History and French
Reply 25
Original post by Fleurcollins
What grades did you get?

GCSE: 11A* 3A
AS: AAAA
Predicted: A*A*A +A* EPQ
Got an offer of AAB for chemistry 🌞 I'm not sure if I definitely want to do that thoug because i've applied for natural sciences at some other Unis 😬 I love the course at York though so I'm really conflicted!!
Original post by morgan.
I got an offer on Friday of AAB for Biology! Couldn't be more pleased considering I was adamant they would offer me AAA if anything- esp. considering my predicted grades are higher!

I was just wondering if anyone knew if my offer could include Critical Thinking? It only says exclude general studies in my letter and on UCAS? I was going to ring them, but thought I'd ask on here first just in case!

Thank you! :smile:

I just got an offer for Economics at AAB but it didn't say anything about excluding General Studies, only thing I needed was Maths A level so I assume if they haven't stated it doesn't count then it probably does?
Original post by LordHeskey
I just got an offer for Economics at AAB but it didn't say anything about excluding General Studies, only thing I needed was Maths A level so I assume if they haven't stated it doesn't count then it probably does?

Hi, well done on your offer! Mind if I ask when you send your application off?
Original post by joddcfc
Hi, well done on your offer! Mind if I ask when you send your application off?

Thank you! It only got sent from college on Tuesday and they gave me an offer on Wednesday which was very surprising. What are you applying for?
Thank you! It only got sent from college on Tuesday and they gave me an offer on Wednesday which was very surprising. What are you applying for?

Wow that was quick! I'm applying for the same - hopefully it means an offer for me might come soon as I applied on the 1st of November. Either that or a rejection but I'm very confident of getting an offer 😂 what are your GCSE and AS grades and predictions if you dont mind me asking? Also applying for Notts and Leeds like you (I saw your post on the economics applicants thread), haven't heard back from either yet though
Original post by joddcfc
Wow that was quick! I'm applying for the same - hopefully it means an offer for me might come soon as I applied on the 1st of November. Either that or a rejection but I'm very confident of getting an offer 😂 what are your GCSE and AS grades and predictions if you dont mind me asking? Also applying for Notts and Leeds like you (I saw your post on the economics applicants thread), haven't heard back from either yet though

Ah that's cool! I'm sure you'll hear back soon. At GCSE I got 2A*'s 6A's 3B's then AACE at AS level. Predicted A*AAB (dropped Chem which I got an E in(disgusting I know) and took General Studies). What did you get if you don't mind saying?
Ah that's cool! I'm sure you'll hear back soon. At GCSE I got 2A*'s 6A's 3B's then AACE at AS level. Predicted A*AAB (dropped Chem which I got an E in(disgusting I know) and took General Studies). What did you get if you don't mind saying?

Good grades those :smile: got 6A* 4A and a C for GCSE, AAAA at AS level and predicted 3A*s for A2 but I think it's going to be a struggle to get even one tbh😂
Original post by joddcfc
Good grades those :smile: got 6A* 4A and a C for GCSE, AAAA at AS level and predicted 3A*s for A2 but I think it's going to be a struggle to get even one tbh😂

Well you've done incredibly well so far anyways so I'm sure you will. Where else have you applied for?
Well you've done incredibly well so far anyways so I'm sure you will. Where else have you applied for?

Thanks! Warwick, Durham, Nottingham and Leeds are my other choices - you?
Original post by joddcfc
Thanks! Warwick, Durham, Nottingham and Leeds are my other choices - you?

All good choices:smile: Mine are Nottingham, Leeds, York, Sheffield and Newcastle
All good choices:smile: Mine are Nottingham, Leeds, York, Sheffield and Newcastle

3/5 the same then, decent choices too
Original post by joddcfc
3/5 the same then, decent choices too

Wow, currently in 3rd year at the med school in York and wanted to take a look on TSR to see if there's anyone I know on here and I find another Chesterfield fan! I'm so sorry my friend...
Original post by blobafet3
Wow, currently in 3rd year at the med school in York and wanted to take a look on TSR to see if there's anyone I know on here and I find another Chesterfield fan! I'm so sorry my friend...

Small world! Going to York would give me an excuse not to get a season ticket next season, even more reason why I hope York given me an offer...
Any fellow PPE offer holders? :biggrin: Got mine a week ago :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending