The Student Room Group

Muslims will be banned from entering the US

Scroll to see replies

More riots will most likely happen.
We all saw this coming.
Reply 3
My God, not even for a holiday? I would have loved to visit New York.

Well at the end of the day, this is God (Allah)'s earth and it should be free for anyone to move about, not only rich white folks. Allah is the True King and he'll judge Trump on Judgement day for being unfair to Muslims and other groups.
Reply 4
They can lie, how is anyone even going to check that?
Reply 5
The Religion of Peace unfairly discriminated against yet again
It won't happen, nobody wants to scare away those loaded sheikhs 😏
There's zero chance of that ever happening.
Not even bitter lel
Impractical imo and will have widespread implications. There is little detail and until that is known, then it is senseless. Like much of the foreign policy it was light on detail.

Will he ban muslims (because they are muslim) from friendly countries i.e the UK? It would be farcical.
He will also isolate the US from the muslim world.

It will also inspire more hatred for the USA and its citizens.

Expect it to be watered down.
I'm fairly sure this is unconstitutional, so if by some inexplicable reason it did somehow get through Congress, it should be struck down by the Supreme Court.
Original post by MJlover
My God, not even for a holiday? I would have loved to visit New York.

Well at the end of the day, this is God (Allah)'s earth and it should be free for anyone to move about, not only rich white folks. Allah is the True King and he'll judge Trump on Judgement day for being unfair to Muslims and other groups.

So should I a white Christian Male be able to go into Mecca?
Original post by JRKinder
I'm fairly sure this is unconstitutional, so if by some inexplicable reason it did somehow get through Congress, it should be struck down by the Supreme Court.

It's not unconstitutional. There even is a provision for it, where it says the President can ban any group of people from entering the US. Did you know that Obama banned all Venzuelans from entering the US? Of course not, because the media doesn't report that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some of you people overreact far too much.

So long as he applies it to citizenship and not goes overboard (i.e. stops tourists or Sheiks coming to make business deals) then i don't consider it a bad policy.

That said, i highly doubt it will get through Congress and the Senate.
Original post by #ChaosKass
Good, good. Much better to be safe than to be sorry.

What do you mean good good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ayaz789
What do you mean good good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly about to ask that.
Original post by #ChaosKass
Good, good. Much better to be safe than to be sorry.

Ugh another one of your kind :facepalm:
Reply 17
Original post by AperfectBalance
So should I a white Christian Male be able to go into Mecca?

No because our religion says so, However, does ur bibel forbidden Muslims from entering the us ? No it don't that's right
Original post by BobBobson
It's not unconstitutional. There even is a provision for it, where it says the President can ban any group of people from entering the US. Did you know that Obama banned all Venzuelans from entering the US? Of course not, because the media doesn't report that

Posted from TSR Mobile
But what about the First Amendment? Technically it bans Congress from obstructing the free exercise of religion, not the president, but it would still need to pass through Congress to become law so this could create a roadblock for Trump.

Excuse the Wikipedia quote, but it is nevertheless accurate:

"Its Free Exercise Clause guarantees a person's right to hold whatever religious beliefs he or she wants, and to freely exercise that belief, and its Establishment Clause prevents the federal government from favouring one set of religious beliefs over another."

If this only applies to citizens then I guess it wouldn't be unconstitutional to ban foreign-born Muslims from entering the US, but someone more knowledgable than I will need to confirm whether or not this is the case.
Original post by Rakas21
Some of you people overreact far too much.

So long as he applies it to citizenship and not goes overboard (i.e. stops tourists or Sheiks coming to make business deals) then i don't consider it a bad policy.

That said, i highly doubt it will get through Congress and the Senate.

Why wouldnt he stop tourists? Surely if tourists are allowed, then mr bomber will just apply to enter the USA that way? I dont see it being effective.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending