The Student Room Group

Muslims will be banned from entering the US

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AperfectBalance
So should I a white Christian Male be able to go into Mecca?

I knew someone was going to bring this up. You can't even compare the two. You can enter Saudi Arabia but not Mecca as it is a place of worship. Muslims are getting banned from the whole country. I can't believe you even asked that. :facepalm:
Original post by Illimitable
Exactly about to ask that.

Ikr wtf:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WhiteX
No because our religion says so, However, does ur bibel forbidden Muslims from entering the us ? No it don't that's right

Ok so when a religion does it, it is fine

Always them type of people.
Original post by 999tigger
Why wouldnt he stop tourists? Surely if tourists are allowed, then mr bomber will just apply to enter the USA that way? I dont see it being effective.

He's not doing on security grounds, read between the lines of his speeches. Latino's will be a majority in a few decades over there, the white Americans have emphatically said 'hell no'. Muslims are even less liked that those people.
Original post by Saba XD
I knew someone was going to bring this up. You can't even compare the two. You can enter Saudi Arabia but not Mecca as it is a place of worship. Muslims are getting banned from the whole country. I can't believe you even asked that. :facepalm:

Yeah isn't a whole country.
Original post by Illimitable
Always them type of people.

It really does annoy me ngl.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guarantee that this will not happen.
idgaf
i always wanted to experience America and their culture :rolleyes:
Original post by Ayaz789
What do you mean good good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ForgetMe
Ugh another one of your kind :facepalm:

It's a troll that sarcastically presents far-right views, as has been established before.
Original post by Rakas21
He's not doing on security grounds, read between the lines of his speeches. Latino's will be a majority in a few decades over there, the white Americans have emphatically said 'hell no'. Muslims are even less liked that those people.

My impression was it was entirely on security grounds and the perceived terrorist threat.

Btw if hes not going to stop tourists then just who is he going to prevent?

Will it apply to muslims from the UK?
(edited 7 years ago)
There are 2 sides to this argument.
1) It is unfair to all the kind hearted muslims(muslims that have no bad intentions such as those who do no harmful things to others like terrorism and discrimination just because of someones religion and also not treating everyone equally just because of sexuality, gender, race, religion, age, skin colour.) Some muslims don't believe in treating people unequally.
2) It sends out a very clear message that terrosim of any kind or hatred will NOT be tolerated because the care and well-being of citizens in america should always be the highest priority. It finally takes someone with balls to ban muslims. Because i don't think this is racist. It is just looking after americans.
The route cause of terrorism will be targeted which is certain islamic beliefs from some idiots who ruin it for the other nice, kind hearted muslims.
Original post by Saba XD

how is your distinction between country and place of worship not arbitrary here? why shouldn't non-muslims be allowed into mecca? why can't they observe the proceedings? are you simply saying that the measure of intolerance is purely geographical? yeah, so that's arbitrary, seeing as the bounds of geographies are totally subjective to size. it's not grounded in principle.

and to answer the OP - although I'm not a muslim, I'll throw my two cents in - if islam is a movement that facilitates homophobia, misogyny (genuine misogyny and even rape culture), anti-semitism etc, then I don't see a muslim ban as a bad thing - it's not like it's a race ban, which obviously would be deplorable. there's nothing wrong with negating the less civilised sections of the world from entering a nation. most religions are terrible, but islam is simply more than just terrible.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
My impression was it was entirely on security grounds and the perceived terrorist threat.

You don't get the racial demographic results of the election just gone without a strong racial undertone. You may not be able to openly tell certain groups you don't want them, but if you see an opportunity, many people will take it.
Original post by Ayaz789
It really does annoy me ngl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Annoys me too. :angry:
Original post by Rakas21
You don't get the racial demographic results of the election just gone without a strong racial undertone. You may not be able to openly tell certain groups you don't want them, but if you see an opportunity, many people will take it.

So its about religious and racial purity?
The year group two years below me is going to NYC for a trip sometime next year. Anyway does this mean that muslims in that year won't be able to go lol ? Quite shocking if that's the case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just think of the economic implications if he does this. The USA will not be able to host major sporting or cultural events. Transnational businesses will not be able to bring over executives and other high-ranking staff from foreign divisions. Tourism will be wiped out from Muslim countries, and significantly reduced from the West where many or even most young people have Muslim friends who they wouldn't be able to travel with. Diplomatic and trade ties with every Muslim state would be cut off. It's total insanity and I just can't see it happening as much as his supporters want it to.
It's time for Trump to remove kebab
Reply 39
Original post by Mr Moon Man
It's time for Trump to remove kebab

He can't

someone before him tried and now he is ash :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest