The Student Room Group

Muslims will be banned from entering the US

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _gcx
It's a troll that sarcastically presents far-right views, as has been established before.

Idek what to say tbh :colonhash:
Original post by Illimitable
Annoys me too. :angry:

Yeahh :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sleepysnooze
how is your distinction between country and place of worship not arbitrary here? why shouldn't non-muslims be allowed into mecca? why can't they observe the proceedings? are you simply saying that the measure of intolerance is purely geographical? yeah, so that's arbitrary, seeing as the bounds of geographies are totally subjective to size. it's not grounded in principle.

and to answer the OP - although I'm not a muslim, I'll throw my two cents in - if islam is a movement that facilitates homophobia, misogyny (genuine misogyny and even rape culture), anti-semitism etc, then I don't see a muslim ban as a bad thing - it's not like it's a race ban, which obviously would be deplorable. there's nothing wrong with negating the less civilised sections of the world from entering a nation. most religions are terrible, but islam is simply more than just terrible.

Idk I remember when I saw this video where this muslim talks about how he wasn't allowed to go to Saudi Arabia
[video="youtube;GaSyqfLheSY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaSyqfLheSY[/video]
Original post by Ayaz789
Idek what to say tbh :colonhash:

Yeahh :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a shame. :frown:
Original post by WhiteX
He can't

someone before him tried and now he is ash :biggrin:

We'll see 😉
Original post by saraxh
Idk I remember when I saw this video where this muslim talks about how he wasn't allowed to go to Saudi Arabia
[video="youtube;GaSyqfLheSY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaSyqfLheSY[/video]

That's Adam Saleh I think.
how is your distinction between country and place of worship not arbitrary here? why shouldn't non-muslims be allowed into mecca? why can't they observe the proceedings? are you simply saying that the measure of intolerance is purely geographical? yeah, so that's arbitrary, seeing as the bounds of geographies are totally subjective to size. it's not grounded in principle.

I don't think it is as why would non-muslims even be interested in going to Mecca.
Reply 46

and to answer the OP - although I'm not a muslim, I'll throw my two cents in - if islam is a movement that facilitates homophobia, misogyny (genuine misogyny and even rape culture), anti-semitism etc, then I don't see a muslim ban as a bad thing - it's not like it's a race ban, which obviously would be deplorable. there's nothing wrong with negating the less civilised sections of the world from entering a nation. most religions are terrible, but islam is simply more than just terrible.

Well, Islam survived since Humen were decanted it witnessed the great roman impair and so much more and it kept winning , How on earth banding Muslims from the us would affect us ?
It's a shame. :frown:

Yeah its really bad and sad how some people talk about it tbh.:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by Mr Moon Man
We'll see 😉

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_of_the_Elephant

Trust me He can't America is nothing
Original post by Ayaz789
Yeah its really bad and sad how some people talk about it tbh.:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. Judging a book by its cover.
Original post by 999tigger
So its about religious and racial purity?

Not so much purity but the scale of change.

Think of the UK and imagine an Australian moves into your street. The change is minimal because he speaks the language, likes the same sports and enjoys most of the same pasttimes (pub, rugby ect..).

Now think of the Polish guy (similar to a Mexican). He speaks a foreign language to his friends even in public. He is part of his own community and does not actively try make lots of English friends.

Now think of the Muslim. You think of the above but you also have a mosque been built in your town, you have women in the black things who may not even go to work and spit out many babies who are not English, you have communities which do not feel English at all and are somewhat segregated (indeed a German town is actually building a literal wall).

Now imagine that on your street which you grew up on, it used to be 90% English with a shopkeeper from India who you'd chat with and the Polish guy who you'd see at the factory. Imagine now that 20 years have passed and your children now grow up on that street but it's only 40% English, with a large block of Muslims and Polish who are poor to boot so you probably don't think they have added much value.

This on a national scale is what the election was about in many ways (plus the economic issues). White Americans were asked whether they wanted to keep their national identity or continue to see their country change. They said hell no.

There are some societies in the world which do manage to integrate their immigrants even with high numbers but the UK and US are not currently like those nations. Multiculturalism has killed the social democratic movements here and there when coupled with the major economic issues also built around the election.
Yeah. Judging a book by its cover.

Ikr pathetic some people are tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ciel.
They can lie, how is anyone even going to check that?

they check your name (to see if it sounds muslim, and you can usually tell from that), symbols of your religion e.g. a headscarf, oh and the obvious do they have brown skin:colonhash: and i think when you apply for a passport/ ID there is a religion option and if it was on there...
Plus you could have said that about the jews during WW2, some of them may have faked it, but 1 million ended up getting killed.
Original post by Saba XD
I don't think it is as why would non-muslims even be interested in going to Mecca.

there is a really great takeaway there ?

Spoiler

Original post by Ayaz789
Ikr pathetic some people are tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they assume everything.
Yeah they assume everything.

Ikr , think that all Muslims are bad:sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Samt98
The Religion of Peace unfairly discriminated against yet again

No offence, but claiming that it is a religion of peace is kind of patronising because of all the wars going on in the middle east and central Asia. If you want people to believe that statement, muslims will have to prove it because not alot of people believe it.
Original post by AperfectBalance
So should I a white Christian Male be able to go into Mecca?

So do two wrongs make a right? Should we go as low and be as intolerant as the saudis? Are muslims responsible for the decisions of the saudi government?
Original post by Ayaz789
Ikr , think that all Muslims are bad:sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. Thinking it promotes violence and killings if that were so there are more than 1billion Muslims the Human race wouldn't be the same.
Original post by liberalluv
So do two wrongs make a right? Should we go as low and be as intolerant as the saudis? Are muslims responsible for the decisions of the saudi government?

Never said that I agree or want Muslims to be banned from the USA.

Was just asking a question to those Muslims opposing it

Quick Reply

Latest