The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

All about Sunday with the Birmingham derby.
Original post by Rock Fan
All about Sunday with the Birmingham derby.

Sorry, bud, I'm going for City win!
Original post by abrack
Sorry, bud, I'm going for City win!

Reallt hope the form book gets turned on its head and you end up being wrong
Barnet v Hartlepool today and I am at The Hive. No sign of H'angus the monkey yet.
What a game- Barnet 2-0 down, an opposition player is sent off, and then the Bees comeback to lead 3-2 and hold the lead through nearly 11 minutes of injury time.
I just.. I............

The internet is going off for the week. :/

Thanks Fulham.

When the 5th went in:

"OH FOR SAKE!!!!"
We've sold out Elland Road for the first home league game since 2010. Newcastle brining 2,800, should be an unbelievable atmosphere.
Rochdale included a five-year old who is terminally ill in their match day squad yesterday in the game in the Checkatrade Trophy. Thoughtful and the only positive part of the farce that this competition has been this season.
League Two is ridiculous, only 5 points separate Crewe in 6th and Colchester in 22nd.
Who's ready to see Sheffield United absolutely *refrains from making rape joke*, erm, "destroy" Chesterfield tomorrow on Sky?
Original post by joddcfc
Who's ready to see Sheffield United absolutely *refrains from making rape joke*, erm, "destroy" Chesterfield tomorrow on Sky?

They absolutely Chedded the Spireites today. "So if I say save us, save us, leave 3 points in our eyes... "
Original post by shawn_o1
They absolutely Chedded the Spireites today. "So if I say save us, save us, leave 3 points in our eyes... "

Thought we were decent first half and just about deserved the lead but second half we just collapsed, mainly due to a shocking substitution by Danny Wilson
The Yankees want to buy Notts County

What the ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chesterfield owner, chairman and director Dave Allen resigned tonight at the clubs AGM, without telling any directors or shareholders beforehand.. very worrying times ahead, administration very likely. The vice chair even said, when asked if the club will fold, 'I don't know. I don't think so'.

AFC Chesterfield anyone?
Original post by joddcfc
Chesterfield owner, chairman and director Dave Allen resigned tonight at the clubs AGM, without telling any directors or shareholders beforehand.. very worrying times ahead, administration very likely. The vice chair even said, when asked if the club will fold, 'I don't know. I don't think so'.

AFC Chesterfield anyone?

Jesus! This rings a bell not too different from us! Resigned, left rudderless and finance-less until HMRC threaten liquidation and a nice Serbian gentleman steps in.

Horrible man Dave Allen. How he has been fit to run two football clubs is a scandal.
Dave Allen? Isn't he the guy who started suing Sheffield Wednesday fans for making perfectly innocent forum posts when he was their chairman? Didn't realise he was still in football

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Dave Allen? Isn't he the guy who started suing Sheffield Wednesday fans for making perfectly innocent forum posts when he was their chairman? Didn't realise he was still in football

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed he is. Called fans cretins at a press conference amongst other things if I remember correctly :lol:
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Jesus! This rings a bell not too different from us! Resigned, left rudderless and finance-less until HMRC threaten liquidation and a nice Serbian gentleman steps in.

Horrible man Dave Allen. How he has been fit to run two football clubs is a scandal.

Remember you warning me about him probably a few years back now! I'm grateful for him financing the new ground and seeing us win 2 league 2s and go on 2 visits to Wembley (although hard for the owner to take credit for those) but his refusal to reinvest player sales in the last two years is indefensible. Many supporters have been calling for him to go and he's given them what they wanted but he's done it seemingly without any long term plan and has basically left the club in limbo.

Worked out well for you lot in the end though...
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Indeed he is. Called fans cretins at a press conference amongst other things if I remember correctly :lol:

From what I remember it wasn't people personally attacking the owner like when the Oyston's sued Blackpool fans, it was just people having a go at the board for some **** transfers and the team for a poor run of results. That must have been at least 10 years ago now, blimey.

If clubs like Portsmouth and Leeds managed to stay afloat after the mess they were left in on multiple occasions, there's no way Chesterfield will go bust over what I presume is a fairly small debt. Someone will come in and sort the mess out.

Quick Reply

Latest