The Student Room Group

Muslims will be banned from entering the US

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
Add these test to the screening process in airports:
- Draw Mohamed test.
- Bacon test.
- Beer test.

I have just suggested these solutions to Donald Trump here: https://apply.ptt.gov/yourstory/

Let's see if they do it. :biggrin:

What if they're blind, vegetarian and allergic to yeast?
Original post by Saba XD
I don't think it is as why would non-muslims even be interested in going to Mecca.

right, but let's suppose they were.
are you saying that this is a meaningful criterion to bar them from entry?
that makes no sense. that's like saying "well, old people don't like night clubs very much - let's ban them from them" - but what if an old person did want to go into one? you're banning every member of that group simply because you want to enforce the status quo of a group's preference, aren't you.

and again, I could very easily reflect this logic back to the USA and the UK - gay marriage is legal and homosexuality is proudly practiced. msulims would not be comfortable in such a strange, alien environment. "let's bar them because of such a massive preference against homosexuality. it's the same logic. just a bigger geography involved. but like I said, geography is subjective. I am trying to reason objectively, in a manner that conforms to logic, not preference.
Reply 82
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
What if they're blind, vegetarian and allergic to yeast?

Let me add the "destroy this Quran test".
Original post by sleepysnooze
right, but let's suppose they were.
are you saying that this is a meaningful criterion to bar them from entry?
that makes no sense. that's like saying "well, old people don't like night clubs very much - let's ban them from them" - but what if an old person did want to go into one? you're banning every member of that group simply because you want to enforce the status quo of a group's preference, aren't you.

and again, I could very easily reflect this logic back to the USA and the UK - gay marriage is legal and homosexuality is proudly practiced. msulims would not be comfortable in such a strange, alien environment. "let's bar them because of such a massive preference against homosexuality. it's the same logic. just a bigger geography involved. but like I said, geography is subjective. I am trying to reason objectively, in a manner that conforms to logic, not preference.

Why are you arguing over this when it is clear that you're up for a Muslim ban.
Original post by Saba XD
I'm anything but arrogant.

then why say I don't understand, while implying that you do undetrstand, and using that arrogance to refuse to discuss this with me? it's as if you're belittling me, but at least if you're going to belittle me, do it in a way that's genuine, not totally transparent - from that fake arrogance you just seem like you're shying away from talking to me about this because you might end up looking like you know less than you think.
How will Donald Trump know that people going into USA are muslim?
TRUMP: Let's get that Muslim Band going

"Band? We thought you said ban"

TRUMP: No way, that's harsh. Also, how's that Mexican mall coming?
Original post by JRKinder
I'm fairly sure this is unconstitutional, so if by some inexplicable reason it did somehow get through Congress, it should be struck down by the Supreme Court.

Its not Jimmy Carter banned iranians
Original post by Saba XD
Why are you arguing over this when it is clear that you're up for a Muslim ban.

all I was saying is that is rather rich and delicious that muslims are saying that on the one hand it's supposedly fine to bar non-muslims from a muslim area with high global significance, yet it's not okay to bar muslims from a non-muslim area like the USA. it's as if muslims should have the right to screw the rules here. do you want equality or not? but to be honest, non-muslims are better off without muslims in their areas anyway compared to vice versa, because non-muslims, or at least western non-muslims, are not as socially intolerant - that's all I'm now telling you. whether or not you disagree with me doesn't invalidate the fact that you're probably trying to tell me that it's somehow okay to bar non-muslims from muslim areas while at the same time trying to tell me that muslims, still, should be able to enjoy more freedoms of movement in the west. I'm not generalising mecca as the muslim world - but I *am* making somewhat of a generalisation with regards to muslims and their views on who should be allowed into mecca - especially you, seeing as you actually just tried to justify that bar.
then why say I don't understand, while implying that you do undetrstand, and using that arrogance to refuse to discuss this with me? it's as if you're belittling me, but at least if you're going to belittle me, do it in a way that's genuine, not totally transparent - from that fake arrogance you just seem like you're shying away from talking to me about this because you might end up looking like you know less than you think.

Now, that's your arrogance surfacing. I have nothing against you. Can we stop?
Original post by DJBay123

Loved it. :rofl:
Original post by Saba XD
Now, that's your arrogance surfacing. I have nothing against you. Can we stop?

then why were you implying that I understood less than you? you said "I'm not going to try to reason with you because you don't understand" - that gives me no chance to defend myself then, doesn't it, if you're just going to refuse to allow me to explain myself. arrogance.
then why were you implying that I understood less than you? you said "I'm not going to try to reason with you because you don't understand" - that gives me no chance to defend myself then, doesn't it, if you're just going to refuse to allow me to explain myself. arrogance.

Ok, I'm wrong and you're right. :h:
Original post by Saba XD
I knew someone was going to bring this up. You can't even compare the two. You can enter Saudi Arabia but not Mecca as it is a place of worship. Muslims are getting banned from the whole country. I can't believe you even asked that. :facepalm:

I'm not in favour of Muslims being banned, but I have to agree with what sleepysnooze has said: your distinction is totally arbitrary and it's kind of hypocritical. Saying non-Muslims wouldn't even want to go to Mecca is irrelevant to the point, because even if they wanted to they wouldn't be able to. And I'm sure there are many non-Muslims in the world who would want to go..
all I was saying is that is rather rich and delicious that muslims are saying that on the one hand it's supposedly fine to bar non-muslims from a muslim area with high global significance, yet it's not okay to bar muslims from a non-muslim area like the USA. it's as if muslims should have the right to screw the rules here. do you want equality or not? but to be honest, non-muslims are better off without muslims in their areas anyway compared to vice versa, because non-muslims, or at least western non-muslims, are not as socially intolerant - that's all I'm now telling you. whether or not you disagree with me doesn't invalidate the fact that you're probably trying to tell me that it's somehow okay to bar non-muslims from muslim areas while at the same time trying to tell me that muslims, still, should be able to enjoy more freedoms of movement in the west. I'm not generalising mecca as the muslim world - but I *am* making somewhat of a generalisation with regards to muslims and their views on who should be allowed into mecca - especially you, seeing as you actually just tried to justify that bar.

Ok.
Original post by nutz99
The bottom line is that your religion is out of date. It needs to change to fit in to modern civilisations. Islam needs to be more tolerant of other religions and ideals and accept the laws of the country that you live in over your religion otherwise no country will want you.

lol you clearly know nothing about Islam.

“Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error."(Quran 2:256)

Also muslims are instructed to abide by the laws of the land in which they are living in.

I'm a muslim and all I want is to be left alone so I can just get on with my life, I would never even dream of hurting anyone and it really saddens me when people just assume things about me because of someone elses actions. Judge me based on MY OWN actions not some other person.
Anyway, as said before, it will never pass congress/senate or whatever, just like so many or his policies. He's better off backing down on them now like he did with the Obamacare before it gets rejected and we have a bunch of supporters going "even repulicans are part of the swamp".
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I'm not in favour of Muslims being banned, but I have to agree with what sleepysnooze has said: your distinction is totally arbitrary and it's kind of hypocritical. Saying non-Muslims wouldn't even want to go to Mecca is irrelevant to the point, because even if they wanted to they wouldn't be able to. And I'm sure there are many non-Muslims in the world who would want to go..

My point was that Non muslims are not banned from entering Saudi Arabia. I'm sure there will be places in US where Muslims aren't allowed in either. I'm talking from a country point of view.
Original post by AperfectBalance
So should I a white Christian Male be able to go into Mecca?

That is the Saudi regime for you. It's not a Compulsory law in Islam. Jurists have disagreed on the matter however the strongest opinion is that Non-Muslims are allowed to visit though not for the purpose of pilgrimage.
Original post by DJBay123

What would you call a Muslim band?
Meccadeath? Quran Quran?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending