The Student Room Group

I don't have any friends to take to the cinema

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 999tigger
This these are the forums.

Why not explain the situation and then get them to answer a question. maybe check with mods its ok. Presumably you are a Potter fan so much better to go with someone who is also a fan?

Alternatively just id potter fans in your city/ locality. There should be plenty of fans your age as HP was at his peak of popularity when at school, which means everyone has been to Uni since. I read there will be five films.

http://www.pottermoreforum.net/

Rather than feel like im in loserville I just laugh at these situations. It will all be ok.

Thank you! Will see if I can get anywhere with that link
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you! Will see if I can get anywhere with that link

I dont use the forums. I know they are massive , but looks like you have to register. Do post back if you find someone. Nothing to be worried about and its the film you are going to see anyway. Loads of people go to the cinema alone.

You could always use a ticket to see a different film, but now you have made this thread it would be more fun to get someone to go with.

Maybe put it soemthing like an advert showing your dilemma and trying to find a similar closet potter fan who would be good company and fancied going to see the filn. Give them 100 wors to say why them or soemthing like that? Bit of fun.

Dont worry and enjoy the film.
I dont use the forums. I know they are massive , but looks like you have to register. Do post back if you find someone. Nothing to be worried about and its the film you are going to see anyway. Loads of people go to the cinema alone.

You could always use a ticket to see a different film, but now you have made this thread it would be more fun to get someone to go with.

Maybe put it soemthing like an advert showing your dilemma and trying to find a similar closet potter fan who would be good company and fancied going to see the filn. Give them 100 wors to say why them or soemthing like that? Bit of fun.

Dont worry and enjoy the film.

Will give it a go. All this worry and stress for something that meant to be a nice gift :lol:
Will give it a go. All this worry and stress for something that meant to be a nice gift :lol:

Thats why you need to laugh at the ridiculousness and just enjoy the film. Theres quit a few threads on here about people going solo to the cinema.
Hey pm me if you want help or anything and we can talk about it 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Count me in.
Honestly I do most things alone. I regularly eat out alone, I know a lot of people think that's sad but I'm not someone who needs people around them all the time. Eventually you get used to it, other people are much more interested in their own lives than yours. I might go see I, Daniel Blake alone soon.
Just go by yourself, cinema is best enjoyed that way
I live in Glasgow. Everyone always talks about how so many people here are friendly but I still can't find someone :s-smilie: even having friend in England would be okay, at least you'll have someone who you can text

Im in glasgow ill come, though i have no interest or knwoledge of the film tbh
If I could go with you I would!
Aww I'd go with you. You seem nice. I'm 21 too and planning to see that film as well, though I don't have tickets or anything. :biggrin:

Problem is I live in London, so... D: Good luck. Seriously, if **** hits the fan, just go alone it's not the end of the world :smile:
Thats why you need to laugh at the ridiculousness and just enjoy the film. Theres quit a few threads on here about people going solo to the cinema.

Just a wee update, not even a single reply to the form :frown: Think I'll have to go on my own then :frown:
Just a wee update, not even a single reply to the form :frown: Think I'll have to go on my own then :frown:

So sorry to hear that. Feel guilty for suggesting it now.
There will be many fans who would love to go its just finding them.
Dont forget, if you have to, then many filmgoers go on their own because they primarily to watch the film and its empowering.

What about Waterstones in Glasgow? Maybe they have a noticeboard. Im happy to contact them for you?
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14653778.In_pictures__Hundreds_queue_for_new_Harry_Potter_book_in_Glasgow/

https://www.waterstones.com/bookshops/glasgow-sauchiehall
- Contact us
Call us on 0141 332 9105
Email us at [email protected]
Twitter: @WaterstonesGla
Facebook: WaterstonesGlasgow
Please post update and hope you enjoy the film.
(edited 7 years ago)
So sorry to hear that. Feel guilty for suggesting it now.
There will be many fans who would love to go its just finding them.
Dont forget, if you have to, then many filmgoers go on their own because they primarily to watch the film and its empowering.

What about Waterstones in Glasgow? Maybe they have a noticeboard. Im happy to contact them for you?
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14653778.In_pictures__Hundreds_queue_for_new_Harry_Potter_book_in_Glasgow/

https://www.waterstones.com/bookshops/glasgow-sauchiehall
- Contact us
Call us on 0141 332 9105
Email us at [email protected]
Twitter: @WaterstonesGla
Facebook: WaterstonesGlasgow
Please post update and hope you enjoy the film.

No, its fine, you don't have to contact them. Just feel like such a loser having to take it this far :/ Ive kind of bigger myself up to go myself, it'll be fine. The only thing on my mind now is that its a saturday and will be super full. Think Id feel less paranoid if it was for a quiet day
Original post by Petulia
I'm about to turn 20 and I've been in this position for ages. I just find it really hard to maintain friendships with people. It's draining to spend time on people and then realise that their loyalties aren't really with you. Girls in first year uni were just so gossipy and there was always so much drama with them and I didn't like the way I was when I was with them. So I'm in second year at a different uni now and I'm just keeping to myself.
It can be depressing when you realise you don't actually have any friends, but there are other ways to keep yourself busy.
I usually just keep myself busy with Twitter or TSR or some other forums I use (hair/beauty forums) - maybe look into finding one that you can relate to? Of course you probably won't make close friends but I have Twitter followers who I've known for years on social media and even though I don't talk to them much I feel like those people know me a lot better than anyone I've ever met in real life.

I get what you mean about social media, I'm closer to people on twitter than I am with people who I've actually known. Ive even met up with one of them.

Oh well maybe I will find friends one day, just need to keep prodding along on my own for now :ashamed2:
Reply 55
Invite a stranger outside the cinema right before the movie starts
I get what you mean about social media, I'm closer to people on twitter than I am with people who I've actually known. Ive even met up with one of them.

Oh well maybe I will find friends one day, just need to keep prodding along on my own for now :ashamed2:

I emailed Waterstones....... who knows they might have a noticeboard...

I will let you know if they reply.

Its infuriating knowing there will be fans who would like to go. Is it for the 18th?

Dont give up.
Reply 57
For my birthday my cousin got me 2 tickets to see Fantstic Beasts for my birthday but I have no one to take, I have no friends. I kind of have a friend online who I meet every now and again and I asked them but they said they will be working and probably won't be able to take the time off.

It's like 2 weeks away and I feel so embarrassed that I don't have anyone to take. My little brother has already said he doesn't want to go and I don't want to seem like a loser to the family by trying to convince him to just come with me

So what do i do? I want to go see it but I really don't want to go alone on a Saturday. Also, is there anyone else who is in this position and has no friends

I'd go alone - savour the bloody peace and quiet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I emailed Waterstones....... who knows they might have a noticeboard...

I will let you know if they reply.

Its infuriating knowing there will be fans who would like to go. Is it for the 18th?

Dont give up.

Its for Saturday 19th, a week today. What happens if they reply? What did you contact them to say?
you should go on your own and I'm sure you'll excuse yourself ; its dark in the cinema so i doubt anyone would notice you're on your own and even if they did it doesnt matter honestly . i regularly do things on my own like shopping ect cause i don't have any ' close/proper' friends either so just remember you won't be the only one feeling like this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending