The Student Room Group

KPMG audit programme 2017 discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by Jas1947
Were the numerical questions based on accountancy knowledge? Like did they ask stuff relating to turnovers or net profits? I have a strong background in maths but I don't understand all of the accountancy language
not really, a lot of tables use tho. Like there would be quantities on one table and price on another and you would have to work out total cost (Q*P) etc. So yes there's basic terminology but nothing too advanced😄 They asked for percentage increases etc really😄
Original post by ZRSFizzyBongs
Wow! Thanks for the insight :smile:
To be honest though "report" could be a whole ton of things - is it like an essay with each paragraph describing what the company produces, marketing strats etc? Or is personal opinion on how to make this company expand/do x

It is basically producing a report for your colleagues to use in a meeting so it involves a description of the company and your opinion on certain aspects e.g. "how to improve".

Wikijob has much more information that I feel comfortable disclosing :wink:

Good luck!
Original post by Jas1947
Forgive my ignorance but what written exercise are you talking about? Is this after the you've submitted the numerical and verbal tests?

Yes.

If you're successful in the tests (numerical, verbal and situational judgement) and the 90 second audio you will be invited to attend the Launch Pad event (KPMG's new assessment centre).
Original post by Contempt
Yes.

If you're successful in the tests (numerical, verbal and situational judgement) and the 90 second audio you will be invited to attend the Launch Pad event (KPMG's new assessment centre).

90 second audio? This is the school leavers programme by the way, not the graduate scheme.
Original post by DarkEnergy
90 second audio? This is the school leavers programme by the way, not the graduate scheme.

In that case, I don't know how it works after the tests.

Ah okay, thanks for trying to help anyways.

@dom117117 Could you change the title so it says "KPMG School Leavers Audit Programme 2017" so people know it isn't the grad. scheme please?
Reply 306
Thanks for your insight tho😄 We still have to do a written test so your advice has been useful👍
Original post by dom117117
Thanks for your insight tho😄 We still have to do a written test so your advice has been useful👍

@dom117117 Could you change the title so it says "KPMG School Leavers Audit Programme 2017" so people know it isn't the grad. scheme please?

Good luck with your respective applications! We could be working at the same office next year :smile:
Reply 308

well I've tried for 5mins and got nowhere😅 May I have some advice to how to edit the thread name?😄
well I've tried for 5mins and got nowhere😅 May I have some advice to how to edit the thread name?😄

Right click "Edit" on the original post and click "Open in new tab".
Reply 310
Right click "Edit" on the original post and click "Open in new tab".
Thanks, I think it's changed😄
Thanks, I think it's changed😄

It's alright, hasn't changed yet but might take a bit.
Original post by Ad109
i only answered 5 and was only certain for 4 of them and ive managed to get through to the interview stage, dont worry

Hi,

Just wondering which test was it that you only answered 5 on?
Original post by AD490995
Hi,

Just wondering which test was it that you only answered 5 on?

I think they said it was for the numerical
Original post by ZRSFizzyBongs
I think they said it was for the numerical

Oh right they must also take your grades into account then or the pass mark must be really low.
Well done !!
Got my email for an interview!!
Reply 316
Original post by laurawalcott
Got my email for an interview!!
Well done! 😀 Have fun going through the 40 page booklet they give you😅
Well done! 😀

Thanks! The pressure is on..
Did you say they sent you a pack?
Reply 318
Original post by laurawalcott
Thanks! The pressure is on..
Did you say they sent you a pack?
it's on the website they attach😀 About 40 pages of practise written tests and I thought the online tests were hard😅
it's on the website they attach😀 About 40 pages of practise written tests and I thought the online tests were hard😅

Just skimmed it, hopefully you just need to learn the technique and should be okay? +Are the interviews in December because I NEED time to prep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending