The Student Room Group

Is having expensive tastes a good thing

Scroll to see replies

Like true religion jeans cost like £300 but fully worth it great quality style and fit etc
Of course - as long as you can afford it. Lefties will tell you that it's "classist" to enjoy anything that costs more than a dime but they're talking rubbish as usual.
I don't think it is a good or a bad thing.

I get that expensive items are often better quality but they don't really do anything for me. I was given an expensive watch and while it is a nice watch, so what? It doesn't make me any happier.

But expensive items do make some people happy. If they make you happy and you have the money, then good for you. You should do what makes you happy. It is not a bad thing.

Everyone has different preferences. I think my wife is wasting her money when she spends £100 on make up and she thinks I'm wasting money when I spend £100 on a night out.
Original post by struggler07
Tescos food are alrite don't judge a book by its cover lol

Na i hate tescos lol
Yeah your right if you got the money nothing is to express endive, etc if you got like £10k £1k jacket is cheap to you
Original post by #ChaosKass
Of course - as long as you can afford it. Lefties will tell you that it's "classist" to enjoy anything that costs more than a dime but they're talking rubbish as usual.
Your right do or buy whatever makes you happy and feel good
Original post by Sternumator
I don't think it is a good or a bad thing.

I get that expensive items are often better quality but they don't really do anything for me. I was given an expensive watch and while it is a nice watch, so what? It doesn't make me any happier.

But expensive items do make some people happy. If they make you happy and you have the money, then good for you. You should do what makes you happy. It is not a bad thing.

Everyone has different preferences. I think my wife is wasting her money when she spends £100 on make up and she thinks I'm wasting money when I spend £100 on a night out.
Lol what about lidl
Original post by retro_turtles
Na i hate tescos lol
Had papa johns pizza and marks and Spencer's motzerlla dips was so buff image.jpg
Original post by jessyjellytot14
I have an expensive taste for food... my mum often buys stuff from the brand 'Tesco Everyday Value' and I'm just like "Whhhyyyyyy???". And my dad worships Aldi...
Reply 68
If you like buying expensive clothes, foods watches etc

If you can afford expensive things, then why not.
I have a bit of a expensive taste, I think as long as you are not stupid with it, it is ok.

And while some more expensive things may be better quality like shoes or clothes many expensive things are just ripoffs.

But I do enjoy buying Expensive things, I bought a watch about a year ago for a lot of money and I dont regret it. nor do I my shoes and boots that i bought about a month ago. or my computer.

I mean when i went to prom my whole outfit was £1600 over all.

I Am also planning when i turn 21 or I stop growing to get a suit from
Savile row.
(edited 7 years ago)
Had papa johns pizza and marks and Spencer's motzerlla dips was so buff image.jpg

Is that a Greek pizza? Those olives though... *drools*.
Yeah trust I buy decent watches just incaseI get robbed etc spending £1.6k on a prom attire is a lot I rarely use computers etc
Original post by AperfectBalance
I have a bit of a expensive taste, I think as long as you are not stupid with it, it is ok.

And while some more expensive things may be better quality like shoes or clothes many expensive things are just ripoffs.

But I do enjoy buying Expensive things, I bought a watch about a year ago for a lot of money and I dont regret it. nor do I my shoes and boots that i bought about a month ago. or my computer.

I mean when i went to prom my whole outfit was £1600 over all.

I Am also planning when i turn 21 or I stop growing to get a suit from
Savile row.
True but you gotta maintain your money
Original post by Hayytch
If you can afford expensive things, then why not.
It was the works pizza from papa johns was penggggggg loved everything
Original post by jessyjellytot14
Is that a Greek pizza? Those olives though... *drools*.
Original post by INTit
You'd be surprised theres plebs out there that can't tell a Patek Philipe from a Rolex.

consider the pleb who asked if my Rolex DJ2 was an Armani
Yeah trust I buy decent watches just incaseI get robbed etc spending £1.6k on a prom attire is a lot I rarely use computers etc

The money included the watch and a really nice pair of Italian leather shoes I bought.
Even Armani watches are expensive
Original post by jamesthehustler
consider the pleb who asked if my Rolex DJ2 was an Armani
If you can afford it, then it's fine to enjoy finer, better things. After all, you have to use your money for something.
Reply 78
Original post by Trapz99
If you can afford it, then it's fine to enjoy finer, better things. After all, you have to use your money for something.

Such as Superdry or Timberland clothing ranges. :u:
Yes, you might as well treat yourself because you are worth it. What is the point of saving with such rubbish interest rates.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending