The Student Room Group

When will I receive my certificates?

In the summer I successfully completed my two years course doing a computer games technology BTEC.
I passed the first year and collected my certificates from college in August 2015.
This second year I have gained a C pass in GCSE English and have successfully passed my BTEC in the games tech and art.
I know I have passed as I knew my results before the two year conclusion and I have also been accepted on a foundation degree on the strength of the results, because UCAS received confirmation of my results.
My problem is that I have nothing to show for this second year, no certificates for the GCSE or BTEC and everytime I enquire with the college they say that the confirmation will arrive in dribs and drabs!
They are dismissive and unperturbed that we haven't received anything more than 4 months after we finished the course.
I can't seem to find a way to discover where my certificates are.
Can anyone help please.
Reply 1
This is a problem with your college/sixth. They are responsible for issuing you with your certificate, just like GCSE. I received my 90Cred certificate in July. Have you tried other departments of the college?
Reply 2
Original post by JooW
This is a problem with your college/sixth. They are responsible for issuing you with your certificate, just like GCSE. I received my 90Cred certificate in July. Have you tried other departments of the college?

No I haven't thought of that.
I'll look into it on Monday.
I have asked others who took the same course and exams and obviously they haven't certificates either.
It just seems odd that after the first year we collected them in the August and then on successful completion of the final year we have no paper evidence as yet of what we have achieved.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending