The Student Room Group

I'm 16, gay and love buying stuff for people I've slept with. Do I have a problem?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Glassapple
Why is that funny?

you crack me up mate. never mind
I'm so spoilt by my parents that £12000 is absolutely nothing to me at all, so honestly I feel no regret whatsoever. That sounds so arrogant and horrible, but that money is so little to me I feel nothing at all by parting with it. A couple of people in real life are telling me that this whole thing is a problem, but I don't feel it is. Maybe it's like insane people don't know they're insane; maybe this is a problem but I can't realise it or accept it as one.

Thanks, I'll keep you updated if I tell him :smile:
Geez, I need to know what job your parents do so I can marry someone the same :biggrin: jk

On a serious note, it isn't too good how materialistic you have become and the people in your real life saying that this is a problem are completely right. At least you are aware enough to say 'maybe this is a problem but I can't realise it or accept it as one'. The fact you say this shows progress.

You're very welcome, and telling him will be a weight off your chest :smile:
Do you just ask pointless questions and make pointless statements, or is there something else? You could have laughed without posting and asking that question, which was already answered if you had read the OP properly.

i laughed as in i am happy. please don't get offended by this, because i didn't mean it that way, thanks.

good for you
Original post by Abcdefghijk123
Geez, I need to know what job your parents do so I can marry someone the same :biggrin: jk

On a serious note, it isn't too good how materialistic you have become and the people in your real life saying that this is a problem are completely right. At least you are aware enough to say 'maybe this is a problem but I can't realise it or accept it as one'. The fact you say this shows progress.

You're very welcome, and telling him will be a weight off your chest :smile:

Ha well it's in central London so you can guess xD You're right in that I'm so materialistic; if something's beneath the standards I've created for myself, I won't touch/eat/wear it, and there are places and shops I won't set foot into because I feel they're not good enough for me; I'm a complete snob. I hope it will be a weight off my chest to at least tell him :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by john2054
are you a giver or a taker?

i think the postings were quite clear than the OP is receptive / versatile ...
Original post by Kiritsugu
I really like your profile picture of Gengar, just saying.

But what you've been getting yourself into is more than a habit. Isn't it? It's shaping your entire way of life.

Have you been rejecting society so much that you can't understand basic fundamental principles like prostitution is wrong (it's virtually what you've been doing)? Is that because you think society hates gays, so you hate society?

If you want to overcome this huge obstacle in your life, as cliched as this sounds...

You must change your way of life and take back control of what was once yours - your dignity.

Look, it's alright to be gay. It's not alright what you've been doing though. You'd be better off finding a person who truly loves you for who you - now this is important - for who you truly are. Who you truly are will be clearer when you read the below advice and actually do it.

I have four pieces of advice:

1) Acknowledge what you've done is wrong. This does not mean simply saying in your mind "I've done something wrong, I'll change it". NO. Acknowledging is going out of your way to study the drawbacks and arguments made surrounding fundamental issues like prostitution, and greediness, and buying anything for others just because they want you (like spoiling a child). Study, understand, writhe, struggle - AND THEN ACCEPT you've done something wrong - something terribly wrong, if you fully understand, that is. Take responsibility and educate yourself.

2) Reshape your philosophy and life. You must change the way you view life. You must change the way you view others. You must prioritise and put your true values into perspective. What is it that's most important to you? Is living a life where you don't let lustful desires control you, much more spiritually fulfilling? I think so!

3) Use your new-found knowledge and perspective as energy, fueling a new initiative to action. Do small steps everyday to change. Reward yourself. Monitor your progress. See how you can use that money for better such as giving to charity or working in a charity or building a charity for that matter! There are so many better uses. Purchasing a course to enhance your knowledge and understanding of different subjects, law, philosophy, psychology (these are interesting).

4) Do not focus on things you cannot change. Focus on things you can change.

Thanks, and thanks a lot for the post. I love some aspects of society and hate others, like anyone else I guess, though I can't see that anything I've done/am doing is actually wrong. Thanks for the advise, I've looked through it and made a list of things I could maybe/potentially do, although I'll probably do all the things I've mentioned, tomorrow, and not feel bad about it at all.
Thanks, and thanks a lot for the post. I love some aspects of society and hate others, like anyone else I guess, though I can't see that anything I've done/am doing is actually wrong. Thanks for the advise, I've looked through it and made a list of things I could maybe/potentially do, although I'll probably do all the things I've mentioned, tomorrow, and not feel bad about it at all.

I appreciate the sentiment, but save the thanks for if my advice actually helps you. The key thing is to educate yourself. No offence, but you don't seem to be educated about human psychology and emotions. Clearly, you're making that person very spoiled - even if you will carry on with your ways, realise you might be hurting someone else indirectly. If you truly care about that other person, explain to them what has happened is all wrong.

Though, I think you'd be afraid to explain him your true thoughts. Am I right?
It's a troll guys. No person in their right mind would buy someone they just met 12 grand worth of stuff...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RossB1702
It's a troll guys. No person in their right mind would buy someone they just met 12 grand worth of stuff...

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't know what's in my head, and how easy it is with apps etc to get gay sex, especially in London, where I live. When I chat to them I find out a bit about them, what they want, etc, then have sex with them and then I buy them things, if they want. I'm not in my right mind; I have a therapist and am on three types of antidepressants, which I take everyday. It's easy to go and buy that much stuff when you're in the position I'm in, with parents who made it and don't care at all what I do, because they're happy getting on with their own lives. £12000 means absolutely nothing to me at all, as arrogant as it sounds, I could set that alight and it wouldn't mean a thing to me, physically or psychologically.
(edited 7 years ago)
I appreciate the sentiment, but save the thanks for if my advice actually helps you. The key thing is to educate yourself. No offence, but you don't seem to be educated about human psychology and emotions. Clearly, you're making that person very spoiled - even if you will carry on with your ways, realise you might be hurting someone else indirectly. If you truly care about that other person, explain to them what has happened is all wrong.

Though, I think you'd be afraid to explain him your true thoughts. Am I right?

You're right in that I'm afraid to reveal things to my therapist, including my true thoughts on some things. I've never really cared about emotions; I've never had to. I spoil these people because the sex and the satisfaction makes both sides happy, and I enjoy satisfying them, as well as immensely satisfying myself that I'm getting what I want.
You're right in that I'm afraid to reveal things to my therapist, including my true thoughts on some things. I've never really cared about emotions; I've never had to. I spoil these people because the sex and the satisfaction makes both sides happy, and I enjoy satisfying them, as well as immensely satisfying myself that I'm getting what I want.

No, not your therapist, your male play things.

Is it just a lie your tell others about your satisfaction, or a lie you tell yourself?
You don't know what's in my head, and how easy it is with apps etc to get gay sex, especially in London, where I live. When I chat to them I find out a bit about them, what they want, etc, then have sex with them and then I buy them things, if they want. I'm not in my right mind; I have a therapist and am on three types of antidepressants, which I take everyday. It's easy to go and buy that much stuff when you're in the position I'm in, with parents who made it and don't care at all what I do, because they're happy getting on with their own lives. £12000 means absolutely nothing to me at all, as arrogant as it sounds, I could set that alight and it wouldn't mean a thing to me, physically or psychologically.

The money isn't necessarily important, it's the intangible things that's got you concerned, mate. Oh, and, I despise your parents' parenting for not raising you up, teaching you or encouraging you to learn basic ethics and morality.
No, not your therapist, your male play things.

Is it just a lie your tell others about your satisfaction, or a lie you tell yourself?

I don't understand what you mean. I always tell them about my satisfaction, and they're hardly gonna say no to expensive, free stuff. I've never had any guy refuse me buying stuff for him. It's not a lie to myself either; I love seeing the look on their faces, knowing the emotions they're going through as they get stuff they never thought they'd have/they don't have to work for/want me even more, not only for my looks, but my money, thus probably wanting sex again with me even more, and I love knowing that I control this, this is my world and I can do whatever I like, just because I can and I enjoy it.
Reply 33
Can't believe people even fall for such crap, in a world were people kill themselves over £5 on the floor and this dude is going buy ipads and macbooks for these people like its nothing? wake up please.
This sounds too ridiculous to be true...
Original post by Zeus007
Can't believe people even fall for such crap, in a world were people kill themselves over £5 on the floor and this dude is going buy ipads and macbooks for these people like its nothing? wake up please.

I don't live in that world; I don't want to and I don't need to. I ignore economics because I really don't care, and I ignore other people's struggles. If there was a £5 note on the floor I wouldn't give it a second glance, I wouldn't pick it up and I wouldn't think anything of it. More than likely I'd just tread over it, whether it be a £5 note or a £50 note.

Not everybody in this country subscribes to the ideal that even a small amount of money matters, and not everybody acts like they're on the Jeremy Kyle show, arguing over a torn fiver while trying to count how many teeth their ex-boyfriend has. I have the money to get what I want, and I get what I want without hesitation, without thinking about poor Jimmy nomoney who needs to buy cigarettes and bread on his Job Seeker's Allowance. It bears no importance to my life at all.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 36
I don't live in that world; I don't want to and I don't need to. I ignore economics because I really don't care, and I ignore other people's struggles. If there was a £5 note on the floor I wouldn't give it a second glance, I wouldn't pick it up and I wouldn't think anything of it. More than likely I'd just tread over it, whether it be a £5 note or a £50 note.

Not everybody in this country subscribes to the ideal that even a small amount of money matters, and not everybody acts like they're on the Jeremy Kyle show, arguing over a torn fiver while trying to count how many teeth their ex-boyfriend has. I have the money to get what I want, and I get what I want without hesitation, without thinking about poor Jimmy nomoney who needs to buy cigarettes and bread.

I give you a high five for having the free time to actually troll like this.
Original post by Zeus007
I give you a high five for having the free time to actually troll like this.

I'll ignore the high five; haven't you got leaflets to deliver or something? Believe me or don't believe me, your choice, but there are different people who live in different worlds, beyond your own.
Reply 38
I'll ignore the high five; haven't you got leaflets to deliver or something? Believe me or don't believe me, your choice, but there are different people who live in different worlds, beyond your own.

Did i make you mad a little so you had to throw a petty insult in there? Go to sleep kid Mcdonalds opens early tomorrow don't want to get fired for being late.
Original post by Zeus007
Did i make you mad a little so you had to throw a petty insult in there? Go to sleep kid Mcdonalds opens early tomorrow don't want to get fired for being late.

You must be one of these keyboard warriors I've heard so much about, not nice to meet you.

Quick Reply

Latest