The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

How long does it take to hear back from Citi, if you dont pass the test?
Original post by dente
Any insights on BAML London AC and First Rounds? For IBD SA. PM -- can help with all other BB banks except GS.

Congrats! When did you have your telephone interview?
Original post by midnight999
Hi,

I have been invited to complete Shell's Online Assessment Part Two which contains a decision-making task and a problem-solving task. The Assessment Provider is Cubiks.

I would like ask anyone who has done the assessment, how was it ? how many questions does the decision-making task contain and how many questions does the problem-solving task contain?

I would also like to ask if anyone has any advice of how to best prepare for the the assessment?

Thanks

The Decision making part is untimed and basically a SJT really. Maybe like 16 questions

The other part is a numerical reasoning test which is obvs timed and again maybe like 16 questions (I don't really count the questions sooo)

Do some practice SJT and Numerical Reasoning to prepare
Original post by oracle95
How long does it take to hear back from Citi, if you dont pass the test?

Can actually take up to a couple of weeks, it will say in your email if you're not being progressed because of the test

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Thanks, is the video interview automatic or are you invited to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's automatic after a very basic review. However, some people got it after 1 day and for some people it took over a month. Similar to Citi.
Original post by TheParham
The Decision making part is untimed and basically a SJT really. Maybe like 16 questions

The other part is a numerical reasoning test which is obvs timed and again maybe like 16 questions (I don't really count the questions sooo)

Do some practice SJT and Numerical Reasoning to prepare

Thanks after completing the decision-making part are you required to do the numerical reasoning test straight away or is it allowed for example to log out after completing the decision-making part and completed the numerical reasoning test later that day or the next day?
anyone got the video interview for GS securities? any advice on the qns asked?
Thanks after completing the decision-making part are you required to do the numerical reasoning test straight away or is it allowed for example to log out after completing the decision-making part and completed the numerical reasoning test later that day or the next day?

Erm, you can defo take a break, but not sure if you can log out and continue another time
Can actually take up to a couple of weeks, it will say in your email if you're not being progressed because of the test

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know.. It's been like 6 weeks since I got the pass test email from Citi.. gaawd
Original post by oahmed93
I have a telephone interview of IBD at Morgan Stanley. Can anyone provide advice on what to expect ?

When did you apply? No news unfortunately :frown:
Original post by angelboy94
anyone got the video interview for GS securities? any advice on the qns asked?

I haven't been invited for an interview so I can't help you with that unfortunately. However, I wanted to ask how long after submitting your application did you receive an invite for the interview?

I'm asking because I applied 1 month ago (4.5 weeks/ 32 days ago to be precise) and I still haven't heard back. I applied for the New Analyst role specifically for the Investment Banking position.
Reply 5531
I applied to a few banks in late september and still have not heard anything from them, should I expect rejections?
Original post by TheParham
You know.. It's been like 6 weeks since I got the pass test email from Citi.. gaawd

Wouldn't worry, last year it took them five months to get back to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't been invited for an interview so I can't help you with that unfortunately. However, I wanted to ask how long after submitting your application did you receive an invite for the interview?

I'm asking because I applied 1 month ago (4.5 weeks/ 32 days ago to be precise) and I still haven't heard back. I applied for the New Analyst role specifically for the Investment Banking position.

hey, I applied like late Sept/early Oct? However, mine is for the summer internship position in Securities. So perhaps they hire differently?
Wouldn't worry, last year it took them five months to get back to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did they interview you in Jan?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dasu95
Did they interview you in Jan?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, it was in mid-April. I think they had someone renege on their offer. I remember getting a call out of nowhere from some offshore HR person working for Citi in the Philippines inviting me to interview urgently.
(edited 7 years ago)
Nah, it was in mid-April. I think they had someone renege on their offer. I remember getting a call out of nowhere from some offshore HR person working for Citi in the Philippines inviting me to interview urgently.

Loooooooool which idiot would do that to Citi?!?!?!? Let's hope there's more of them this year :smile:
Did they keep your application under review until then or undo a rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dasu95
Loooooooool which idiot would do that to Citi?!?!?!? Let's hope there's more of them this year :smile:
Did they keep your application under review until then or undo a rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They literally kept me under review for five or six months before I heard something, I was like u wot m8...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone had an interview with RBC for their Global Markets internship? What kind of technical questions do they ask?
Hi everyone,

Just realised I have the WRONG YEARS for attending school on my CV (it says june 2016 to sept 2016!!) and I'm so stupid for not even having noticed it for all the apps I've sent. Somehow I have interviews for UBS and RBC coming up but I've sent this all off to DB, JP, MS, CS... What should I do? Is it better to leave it or can I send a new CV to the recruitment team?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending