The Student Room Group

Hate crimes increase in the US after Trump's victory

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleepysnooze
how much discrtimination are you saying that there is? the mainstream belief in america is that racism is basically abominable. so to tell me now that there are a lot of racist white people, genuine racist white people, is *extremely* rich. this reminds me of feminists who say that we live in a rape culture when rape is basically perceived as the worst thing you could possibly do to a woman. also, are you implying that black people don't discriminate too? how would they be immune? surely they'd be more likely to be racist as well seeing as slavery existed in their nation, dealt by people of the white race.

So in your opinion this is a matter of opinion? There is just racism in the eyes of people who see it. Objectively, whatever that means, there is none?

Oh and nice how you again turn it around to blacks. Same argument different setting, now it's well white racism isn't that bad because blacks do it too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by yudothis
So in your opinion this is a matter of opinion? There is just racism in the eyes of people who see it. Objectively, whatever that means, there is none?

it's not an opinion that the west isn't racist - that can basically be confirmed by some evidence. the non-western world is much more racist. if you're saying white people in the west are racist then I will be horrified with your opinion, if it is consistent, regarding non-whites in africa, eurasia, india, the middle east, arabia, east asia, south america, etc.

Oh and nice how you again turn it around to blacks. Same argument different setting, now it's well white racism isn't that bad because blacks do it too.

I'm saying that the likely case is that black people are more racist than whites, but whites, if they ever are racist, deal more harsh consequences, perhaps- i.e. more employers are white, let's take it. that's still racist for either of those races then - but that's not to say still that whites are less racist compared to blacks - and your problem was racism, right? I mean, you're trying to pidgeonhole me as being unfair to blacks - I'm not, I'm just saying that whites aren't to blame for black people's problems. racism is not a modern social philosophy any more - it's the opposite. racism is evil in the west. people don't get very far if they're racists here.
I'm saying that the likely case is that black people are more racist than whites, but whites, if they ever are racist, deal more harsh consequences, perhaps- i.e. more employers are white, let's take it. that's still racist for either of those races then - but that's not to say still that whites are less racist compared to blacks - and your problem was racism, right? I mean, you're trying to pidgeonhole me as being unfair to blacks - I'm not, I'm just saying that whites aren't to blame for black people's problems. racism is not a modern social philosophy any more - it's the opposite. racism is evil in the west. people don't get very far if they're racists here.

yudothis
Got it, since whites aren't the worst, there's nothing we have to do.

What a circle jerk, huh?
What a circle jerk, huh?

I never realised that white people made black people drop out of high school, made their fathers leave them to single mothers and made them more likely to resort to crimes in the same economic conditions then! wow!

also, because white racism is so rare in the west, how often do you REALLY think a white employer is going to discriminate? I'm obviously going to be objective here when I tell you that the consequences of white racism are worse because of the fact that more companies are managed by whites, but why do you think that most or the major problems facing blacks are white in their origins? I don't understand. it's like the comparisons I made before with feminism - do you think that women make less because of their individual choices or because of males discriminating againstthem?
I never realised that white people made black people drop out of high school, made their fathers leave them to single mothers and made them more likely to resort to crimes in the same economic conditions then! wow!

also, because white racism is so rare in the west, how often do you REALLY think a white employer is going to discriminate? I'm obviously going to be objective here when I tell you that the consequences of white racism are worse because of the fact that more companies are managed by whites, but why do you think that most or the major problems facing blacks are white in their origins? I don't understand. it's like the comparisons I made before with feminism - do you think that women make less because of their individual choices or because of males discriminating againstthem?

Oh wow you really are quite a number, you still don't get my original point and you are still spewing your agenda?

Have you not noticed by now I don't take a single thing you say seriously?
Oh wow you really are quite a number, you still don't get my original point and you are still spewing your agenda?

your point? what even was your one single argument here? you made a series of small ones, not one unitary one. but let's take perhaps the bigger one of the group: that white racism is worse. yes it is worse, but it is still FAR FAR rarer - yes? do you understand : D. right. so it's less of an issue regarding society at large, and it is NOT the cause of the black cultural problems as well.

Have you not noticed by now I don't take a single thing you say seriously?

oh no - an internet sjw doesn't take me seriously - I'm heartbroken, really.
(edited 7 years ago)
your point? what even was your one single argument here? you made a series of small ones, not one unitary one. but let's take perhaps the bigger one of the group: that white racism is worse. yes it is worse, but it is still FAR FAR rarer - yes? do you understand : D. right. so it's less of an issue regarding society at large, and it is NOT the cause of the black cultural problems as well.

oh no - an internet sjw doesn't take me seriously - I'm heartbroken, really.

Still waiting for you to read and comprehend.

Oh my, I broke the heart of a Pepetarian. How can I ever forgive myself.
Still waiting for you to read and comprehend.

I did - is nothing ever good enough for you?
or are you, rather, going to play the game of "I never even had one single argument but I am going to pretend I did, so that when I say that he didn't respond to my single argument, he'll look like he's avoiding the issue" - nah. doesn't work if you never had that one point, like I've just said. unless you want to actually declassify it now, if you even attempted to make it, after your pointless game? I don't mind really. makes no difference. you're going to be difficult anyway, clearly.

Oh my, I broke the heart of a Pepetarian. How can I ever forgive myself.

you could start by educating yourself at the very least now that you ask...
I did - is nothing ever good enough for you?
or are you, rather, going to play the game of "I never even had one single argument but I am going to pretend I did, so that when I say that he didn't respond to my single argument, he'll look like he's avoiding the issue" - nah. doesn't work if you never had that one point, like I've just said. unless you want to actually declassify it now, if you even attempted to make it, after your pointless game? I don't mind really. makes no difference. you're going to be difficult anyway, clearly.

you could start by educating yourself at the very least now that you ask...

You haven't. Are you saying that we as whites should not have to bother changing anything as long as blacks are their own bigger enemies?

And no thanks, not sure I want to suffer from the same "education" as you.
You haven't. Are you saying that we as whites should not have to bother changing anything as long as blacks are their own bigger enemies?

...but...what should we change then? I don't understand? how do we change what is already a system of legal equality? what could be better than legal equality? obviously legal equality was the remedy to legal INequality of the segregationary jim crow laws - at least that was the american case

And no thanks, not sure I want to suffer from the same "education" as you.

where do you study, might I ask? could it be "the university of life"? I heard that's a really prestigeous university actually - much better than your sjw counterparts who took gender studies or social justice courses in low ranking unis
...but...what should we change then? I don't understand? how do we change what is already a system of legal equality? what could be better than legal equality? obviously legal equality was the remedy to legal INequality of the segregationary jim crow laws - at least that was the american case

where do you study, might I ask? could it be "the university of life"? I heard that's a really prestigeous university actually - much better than your sjw counterparts who took gender studies or social justice courses in low ranking unis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8yiYCHMAlM

Watch the little girl pick out the bad guys. Also note how you are logically incoherent. At times you admit that whites can and are in fact racists on occasion and then you say well legal everything is ok so what can we do. You are implicitly saying there is nothing that can be done other than laws.

Not really sure wth you are on about? I may have missed this particular Pepefarian insult. But do tell me, how does it feel to be arguing against a warrior? Does it give you an adrenaline kick? Beating this mighty warrior?

1) john oliver? seriously? but how would I take him seriously?
2) and it's telling me "the uploader has not made this video available in your country" anyway. all I see is the title

Watch the little girl pick out the bad guys. Also note how you are logically incoherent. At times you admit that whites can and are in fact racists on occasion

extremely rarely, and even when they are being racists, they can be sued for it, even in the private sphere of employment. so anti-racism laws actually breach the public-private divide. that's going further than simply guaranteeing basic rights under the law. I'm a libertarian so obviously I don't like that breach in principle (I wonder if you'll accuse me of racism and sexism for it - who knows), but when we already have such laws - are you really saying that this breach of privacy (i.e. via private property) isn't enough? seriously?

and then you say well legal everything is ok so what can we do. You are implicitly saying there is nothing that can be done other than laws.

...what do you propose then? what are these bright ideas that for whatever reason you aren't revealing? other than "white people not being racists" of course

Not really sure wth you are on about? I may have missed this particular Pepefarian insult. But do tell me, how does it feel to be arguing against a warrior? Does it give you an adrenaline kick? Beating this mighty warrior?

yeah sure
1) john oliver? seriously? but how would I take him seriously?
2) and it's telling me "the uploader has not made this video available in your country" anyway. all I see is the title

extremely rarely, and even when they are being racists, they can be sued for it, even in the private sphere of employment. so anti-racism laws actually breach the public-private divide. that's going further than simply guaranteeing basic rights under the law. I'm a libertarian so obviously I don't like that breach in principle (I wonder if you'll accuse me of racism and sexism for it - who knows), but when we already have such laws - are you really saying that this breach of privacy (i.e. via private property) isn't enough? seriously?

...what do you propose then? what are these bright ideas that for whatever reason you aren't revealing? other than "white people not being racists" of course

yeah sure

Well you wouldn't, you don't like his messages so of course he is a tool.
And you are saying you can't think of anything other than a law that would help in creating a society that does not judge by race? Do you actually believe that or are you just ignoring it because it doesn't fit your argument? But for what it's worth what that video was showing is that kids who grow up with other races around them are much more likely to be open minded.

And well that seems underwhelming. I thought you were getting an ego boost out of showing up one of these SJW tools.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well you wouldn't, you don't like his messages so of course he is a tool.

nah. he's just very annoying by coincidence. but thank you for at least relaying his supposed message.

And you are saying you can't think of anything other than a law that would help in creating a society that does not judge by race?

no, I'm trying to imply that law makes things happen. you can't expect things to happen without serious incentives. the incentive (negative incentive) of legal sanction is obviously a serious incentive to initiate changes. I just don't like the violation of liberty that is the cost of that though. but if we're talking about measures beyond the law, I'm just saying that the changes that you want from that kind of thing aren't to be honestly expected. it's utopian, for instance, to *100%* eradicate racism. you'll always have a few racists in every sphere of existence.

Do you actually believe that or are you just ignoring it because it doesn't fit your argument? But for what it's worth what that video was showing is that kids who grow up with other races around them are much more likely to be open minded.

...that's not a solution, that's an observation.
what is your "solution"? that we all voluntarily integrate ourselves amongst ourselves past racial lines? cool, so that's you not only saying white people are doing the wrong thing, but also black people, seeing as there are a vast amount of predominantly black areas in the US, like detroit and baltimore! if they didn't like their solitary black existence there, they'd surely disperse themselves, right?

And well that seems underwhelming. I thought you were getting an ego boost out of showing up one of these SJW tools.

ohhh.

...that's not a solution, that's an observation.
what is your "solution"? that we all voluntarily integrate ourselves amongst ourselves past racial lines? cool, so that's you not only saying white people are doing the wrong thing, but also black people, seeing as there are a vast amount of predominantly black areas in the US, like detroit and baltimore! if they didn't like their solitary black existence there, they'd surely disperse themselves, right?

Get a vpn and watch the video. It would be pretty good for you, a change you know.

So an area being predominantly black, is the blacks fault?
Get a vpn and watch the video. It would be pretty good for you, a change you know.

how would it change me? are you really saying that there's racism within me? what have I even said that is racist? I am being objective - the fact that there are more blacks dropping out of high schools is a fact, for instance. I can't help that by blocking my eyes and covering my ears.

So an area being predominantly black, is the blacks fault?

so in a predominantly area it it's the whites' fault?
you were saying that a solution would be dispersal between the races, right?
well, why are you implying that this is the responsibility of whites and not blacks? if whites lives everywhere in the US, be it in poor, wealthy or mixed areas, surely it's easier for blacks to integrate into the white communities, right? I mean, after all, there's less crime in them statistically
how would it change me? are you really saying that there's racism within me? what have I even said that is racist? I am being objective - the fact that there are more blacks dropping out of high schools is a fact, for instance. I can't help that by blocking my eyes and covering my ears.

so in a predominantly area it it's the whites' fault?
you were saying that a solution would be dispersal between the races, right?
well, why are you implying that this is the responsibility of whites and not blacks? if whites lives everywhere in the US, be it in poor, wealthy or mixed areas, surely it's easier for blacks to integrate into the white communities, right? I mean, after all, there's less crime in them statistically

No, a change from your usual media. It would really do you some good.
No, a change from your usual media. It would really do you some good.

how would this do me some good
how would this do me some good

Perspective.

But then again, you are a lost cause aren't you? You already know it all. Have it all figured out.
Perspective.

But then again, you are a lost cause aren't you? You already know it all. Have it all figured out.

...so what john oliver will offer me is "perspective". perspective in what exactly? how to get a headache? I love comedy but that moley toff is just *not* funny. he is just a specky liberal jester.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending