The Student Room Group

I had a baby in my second year of university - AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Can I have pictures of him please? Fangirling over him so hard.

Hahaha! Of course, my lovely!

14915195_1227697393968092_4787644615989502479_n.jpg
Original post by Yaboi
Kid is screwed.

Because a kid whose totally screwed would have a mum who kept going through uni and would then get into one of the best unis in the world for a Masters.

Shut up and stop being so nasty you sad a-hole.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anna.Karenina

That sad moment when his eyelashes are longer than yours... He is so adorable ahhh. Did you have a C section or a natural birth?
That sad moment when his eyelashes are longer than yours... He is so adorable ahhh. Did you have a C section or a natural birth?

I know right! He didn't get them from me! :-( He likes playing with my eyelashes though - thinks they're hilarious :tongue:

Natural birth. I originally went in not wanting any pain relief at all, and though I eventually did, it was only gas and air :-)
did you get a craving for any sort of food when you were pregnant? and if so what was it...
Original post by Yaboi
Kid is screwed.

Why be a ****?
Original post by thegoatgod
did you get a craving for any sort of food when you were pregnant? and if so what was it...

Ice! And it hasn't gone away! I think that might be because I'm still breastfeeding? I also loved an Indian and loved chicken nuggets! I had more foods that made me feel ill than foods that I craved :-)
I know right! He didn't get them from me! :-( He likes playing with my eyelashes though - thinks they're hilarious :tongue:

Natural birth. I originally went in not wanting any pain relief at all, and though I eventually did, it was only gas and air :-)

My nephew has eyelashes like him urgh. So jealous.

What makes him laugh the most?
What does labour and actually pushing the baby out feel like?
Did you get emotional when you held him for the first time? I watch One born every minute and it happens to every mum :tongue:
My nephew has eyelashes like him urgh. So jealous.

What makes him laugh the most?
What does labour and actually pushing the baby out feel like?
Did you get emotional when you held him for the first time? I watch One born every minute and it happens to every mum :tongue:

It changes a lot, but at the moment, it's me making a sizzle sound - I tell him I'm going to eat his thumbs for lunch and I have to sizzle them on the grill first :P

Labour didn't hurt as much as everyone said. The contractions were a bit painful, but I knew it was the last step until I met Thatcher, so the psychological motivation got me through it. I was just so desperate for him to come! When their head is coming out, it's a stinging pain - that's the part that hurts the most. Once the head is out, that's basically it :-)

Oh yeah - big time! When they took him away to be weighed and checked over, I said to the midwife 'I miss him already, can I go with him? I think he needs his mummy' and she said 'no dear, we haven't got your placenta out yet' :P Oops!
It changes a lot, but at the moment, it's me making a sizzle sound - I tell him I'm going to eat his thumbs for lunch and I have to sizzle them on the grill first :P

Labour didn't hurt as much as everyone said. The contractions were a bit painful, but I knew it was the last step until I met Thatcher, so the psychological motivation got me through it. I was just so desperate for him to come! When their head is coming out, it's a stinging pain - that's the part that hurts the most. Once the head is out, that's basically it :-)

Oh yeah - big time! When they took him away to be weighed and checked over, I said to the midwife 'I miss him already, can I go with him? I think he needs his mummy' and she said 'no dear, we haven't got your placenta out yet' :P Oops!

Awwwww he sounds so cute. Wish I could babysit the thing.

Painful how? I asked my cousin how labour was for her and she said it was like the most painful period pain x100.
Hi!

Noticed an increasing number of young mums-to-be on TSR, and people who have faced tough situations during their degree and are nervous they cannot complete it, so AMA :-)

PS - I'm not going to answer any nasty questions, so don't waste your time :-)

How much did it interrupt in your university work?
i had 2 kids at the start of uni and now have my third, im in my second year. i also worked 40 hours a week :smile:
Linguistics :-)

Aww great:h: how you finding it? :smile:

So lovely!!!
I'll be supper happy to look after your baby when you go to lectures, lol:biggrin:
Awwwww he sounds so cute. Wish I could babysit the thing.

Painful how? I asked my cousin how labour was for her and she said it was like the most painful period pain x100.

The contractions were a tightening pain, and then the more dilated I was, it was a combination of a tightening pain and a pushing pain, which was pressure on my pelvis. His head coming out was a stinging pain. I didn't feel like period pain to me, but everyone's labour is different :-)
Original post by Illimitable
How much did it interrupt in your university work?

Not very much. When I look back at going to lectures with a one month old, I wonder how I did it, but my general rule of thumb was (and still is) is to crack on with assignments as soon as I get them, no matter how far into the future the deadlines are. The key is organisation, and my reward for finishing is that I get the weekend before the assignment is due playing with my son/taking him to the park/reading with him whilst everyone else is frantically trying to submit their essays :-)
Original post by Ayaz789
Aww great:h: how you finding it? :smile:

I love it! Every day I find something else out that I think is fascinating. I have a place to do a Masters in Neurolinguistics at UCL as I just don't think three years of Linguistics is enough :P
The contractions were a tightening pain, and then the more dilated I was, it was a combination of a tightening pain and a pushing pain, which was pressure on my pelvis. His head coming out was a stinging pain. I didn't feel like period pain to me, but everyone's labour is different :-)

How many more kids do you want then?
I love it! Every day I find something else out that I think is fascinating. I have a place to do a Masters in Neurolinguistics at UCL as I just don't think three years of Linguistics is enough :P

Hahaha awwww great! You are really nice:h: ahhh im going Uni next year :biggrin: but yeah good luck :tongue:
Whats his name again?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many more kids do you want then?

Probably another three :-) Thatcher is such a sociable baby, and I think a few siblings would suit him!

Quick Reply

Latest