The Student Room Group

I had a baby in my second year of university - AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ayaz789
Hahaha awwww great! You are really nice:h: ahhh im going Uni next year :biggrin: but yeah good luck :tongue:
Whats his name again?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww thank you :-)

Very best of luck :biggrin: How is your application going? :-)

Thatcher!
Hey be careful about posting pics of the baby online there are some weirdos out there sadly! :frown:

And GL with raising the little one :colondollar: GF and I are planning to get married and have kids in a few years :biggrin:
Original post by Anna.Karenina
Oh right! Lol! I didn't really get the question :tongue:

We met through work, and some time after I found out I was pregnant :-)

I actually found out the morning of one of my first year university exams. I went to meet my friend for revision, so went to Sainsburys for a pizza for our lunch and a pregnancy test. I thought I'd have to wait for a few minutes but it came up almost immediately. I later found out I was about 8 weeks at that point.

I was more nervous than I was worried, but nothing could surpress how happy I felt :-)

OH MY GOD! Please please please please please please please please please tell me that you don't drink alcohol, please. It happens so much that women drink while they're pregnant (eventhough they don't know they are) and as a result their babies turn out to have a low IQ. Alcohol can affect the fetus as early as three weeks of pregnancy.
Original post by Dominator1
OH MY GOD! Please please please please please please please please please tell me that you don't drink alcohol, please. It happens so much that women drink while they're pregnant (eventhough they don't know they are) and as a result their babies turn out to have a low IQ. Alcohol can affect the fetus as early as three weeks of pregnancy.

No, no alcohol whatsoever during pregnancy or whilst breastfeeding :-)
No, no alcohol whatsoever during pregnancy or whilst breastfeeding :-)

You said that you knew you were pregnant 8 weeks in. Did you drink any durin these 8 weeks?
You said that you knew you were pregnant 8 weeks in. Did you drink any durin these 8 weeks?

No I didn't - I'm not allowed to drink, I have something wrong with my liver :-)
No I didn't - I'm not allowed to drink, I have something wrong with my liver :-)

oh thank god, it happens way too often. I guess there's a plus side to everything
oh thank god, it happens way too often. I guess there's a plus side to everything

Rest assured I was extremely careful whilst I was pregnant :-)
Aww thank you :-)

Very best of luck :biggrin: How is your application going? :-)

Thatcher!

No worries & I have sent Ucas off and have received all of my offers so not too bad ngl :tongue: but thanks:colondollar:
Ahh coolio :biggrin: btw thats my word :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably another three :-) Thatcher is such a sociable baby, and I think a few siblings would suit him!

What's he like around other babies?
Not very much. When I look back at going to lectures with a one month old, I wonder how I did it, but my general rule of thumb was (and still is) is to crack on with assignments as soon as I get them, no matter how far into the future the deadlines are. The key is organisation, and my reward for finishing is that I get the weekend before the assignment is due playing with my son/taking him to the park/reading with him whilst everyone else is frantically trying to submit their essays :-)

Awh, that's so nice! :h:
Original post by Kierensaddlr
No. Please no.

That user always posts extremely controversial opinions. I believe she does it to start arguments or get a reaction.
Original post by Ayaz789
No worries & I have sent Ucas off and have received all of my offers so not too bad ngl :tongue: but thanks:colondollar:
Ahh coolio :biggrin: btw thats my word :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow! Well done you! Where and what are you hoping to study? :smile:
Awww omgg that's soo cute!! Congrats on your beautiful babyy :redface: Looks like an angel tbh :tongue:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
What's he like around other babies?

He always looks at other babies whenever we're out, but he doesn't quite realise how his touch feels to another person, so rather than being gentle, he tends to grab people's flesh :P But he's just being affectionate and excited :smile:
Oh wow! Well done you! Where and what are you hoping to study? :smile:

Leeds & Maths hopefully :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FemaleBo55
Awww omgg that's soo cute!! Congrats on your beautiful babyy :redface: Looks like an angel tbh :tongue:

Thank you so much :smile: He's a wonderful little boy :smile:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Because a kid whose totally screwed would have a mum who kept going through uni and would then get into one of the best unis in the world for a Masters.

Shut up and stop being so nasty you sad a-hole.

PRSOM
Original post by RossB1702
That user always posts extremely controversial opinions. I believe she does it to start arguments or get a reaction.

Although on this occasion I happen to agree with her :P

I once saw a heavily pregnant women, I'd say at least 8 months smoking in public at a childs football game. She didn't even care and she looked like a proper junkie, was wearing trackies and everything. I was appalled at what I had seen. If she smoked then she probably drank alcohol as well imo.

Quick Reply

Latest