The Student Room Group

Hate crimes increase in the US after Trump's victory

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, hatred can bring wars. This month is November. There were American civil and revolutionary wars. History could repeat itself!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War

Take care. :-)

1479012182556.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mekkiii
Ahh , typical strategy of lefties saying "hate crimes" increase after something or someone i didnt want was elected.

Happened with Brexit.

Yes, it did actually happen with Brexit. Hate crime increased across the country - 58% up since the previous year.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/sep/07/hate-surged-after-eu-referendum-police-figures-show
Original post by Orbital Rising
'A man is known by the company he keeps' - Aesop. Wise words.

Those words are 100% true.
Consider; Hillaty has praised BLM. That alone is enough to disqualify her from any elected office.

As far as I know Trump doesn't hang with any anarchists.
Original post by yudothis
So ****ing what?

I have said it elsewhere that Trump himself will not be as bad a president as feared.

But that does not change in any way at all that he ran a racist, sexist, divisive campaign of hatred that has deeply split the country and that made it acceptable for people to act out their hatred, for them to feel reaffirmed that it is ok to shout "go back home" or worse.

What is really ironic is the defense people use - "you are at fault for calling us racists, we now united to fight you".

Since he announced plans for a wall he's been called racist and there's nothing racist about the wall. To say he ran a sexist campaign defies logic, and the Dems. perfected divisive politics. What demonstrations have occurred are a direct result of people on the left, like obama, having turned up the rhetoric in an attempt to defeat him to a point approaching fantasy.
If there is one thing the left are good at, other than throwing away elections, it's fabricating hate crimes after they throw away the election to try and prove themselves right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sleepysnooze
...so what john oliver will offer me is "perspective". perspective in what exactly? how to get a headache? I love comedy but that moley toff is just *not* funny. he is just a specky liberal jester.

So everything he discusses is totally wrong and is just for comedic effect. Got it, whatever doesn't suit Pepetarians is wrong and just liberal lies.

You guys are such hypocrites :biggrin:
Original post by jambojim97
There's a difference between the inevitable violence that comes from protests, and specific targeted harassment of minorities.

Re your second point, can you provide a source?

Not to the individual person who's a victim of it.
Original post by Jammy Duel
If there is one thing the left are good at, other than throwing away elections, it's fabricating hate crimes after they throw away the election to try and prove themselves right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And the one thing Pepetarians are best at is ignorance to everything that might contradict their narrowly crafted world view.
And the one thing Pepetarians are best at is ignorance to everything that might contradict their narrowly crafted world view.

I didn't realise that fake hate crimes are still real after the "victim" declares they made it up...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't realise that fake hate crimes are still real after the "victim" declares they made it up...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup. You know of a few faked incidents, so of course overall, if they exist at all, the incidents are a complete rarity. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up. Once again your logic is bullet proof.
Yup. You know of a few faked incidents, so of course overall, if they exist at all, the incidents are a complete rarity. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up. Once again your logic is bullet proof.

Care to tell me abour the incompatibility of there being legitimate hate crime (I guess you don't count the attacking of Trump supporters in that category) and mass fraudulent claims?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Care to tell me abour the incompatibility of there being legitimate hate crime (I guess you don't count the attacking of Trump supporters in that category) and mass fraudulent claims?

Posted from TSR Mobile

And what is your "source" for "mass fraudulent claims"? Breitbart?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending