The Student Room Group

should i drop?

hi there!! im currently studying English Literature, History, Philosophy and Politics at AS level. I want to do History at Uni with either Politics or Philosophy.
I took 4 a levels because I got the grades to do so, and I'm not finding the workload overly stressful. I use my frees to do work and manage my time well. However, there's a lot of pressure to drop one after AS; people keep telling me that I should, although there's no signs that I can't cope or that I won't get good grades. Do you think I should drop one after AS? I'm also doing an EPQ in Jan.
Reply 1
don't drop it you can feel you can handle it, generally, the second year of A-level is harder than the first, so keep that in mind, Oxbridge, from my understanding, look more favourably on those who do 4 :h:
Reply 2
Original post by vexd
don't drop it you can feel you can handle it, generally, the second year of A-level is harder than the first, so keep that in mind, Oxbridge, from my understanding, look more favourably on those who do 4 :h:

Thank you!! I just feel like everyone wants me to drop one when I feel perfectly capable! I'm doing HE+ and want to apply for HSPS at Cambridge, so I feel the best thing to do is take 4 and just make sure I start revising early.

Quick Reply

Latest