The Student Room Group

Muslims will be banned from entering the US

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleepysnooze
...? what were you suggesting then? that I *wasn't* wrong? so why question my terminology?

Oh no I totally ignored that part, because as usual it was complete bs and had nothing to do with my question.
Reply 161
Original post by retro_turtles
No oil for America now

The USA doesn't need Saudi oil thanks to their shale oil and Canada's oil. This has put Saudi Arabia in a terrible financial situation.

They were sat on a mountain of cash of $732 billion in 2014, but they are burning it at a rate of $8 billion per month, so they could run out of cash by 2020.
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-11-02/saudi-arabia-s-bond-success-hides-its-financial-peril

I'm watching their downfall with delectation.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by yudothis
Oh no I totally ignored that part, because as usual it was complete bs and had nothing to do with my question.

...but your question had a wider meaning. didn't it. I was responding to that obvious wider meaning. don't play dumb. this is really getting old.
...but your question had a wider meaning. didn't it. I was responding to that obvious wider meaning. don't play dumb. this is really getting old.

No **** Sherlock. You were trying to argue that a city and a country are the same under a certain metric.

Let's hear your metric. You still haven't given it.

Your argumentation is such a farce. As I was waiting in the other thread for you to actually address my point rather than you coming up with evermore bs, you do the same here.

Victim card - A*
Pepeesque argumentation - A*

There's many a guy on here who could learn from you.
Original post by yudothis
No **** Sherlock. You were trying to argue that a city and a country are the same under a certain metric.

Let's hear your metric. You still haven't given it.

oh boy. you want to test me. fine.
they are both measurements of space where people happen to reside.
a city is a small community and a country is simply a larger one - perhaps, a community of cities or towns.
we could go into the politics of both of them (i.e. to territorial sovereign of countries), but seeing as she never mentioned politics even once, I assumed she wasn't talking about that.
...unless *you* are? I really wish you could offer some lucidity

Your argumentation is such a farce. As I was waiting in the other thread for you to actually address my point rather than you coming up with evermore bs, you do the same here.

Victim card - A*
Pepeesque argumentation - A*

There's many a guy on here who could learn from you.

how the **** am I playing the victim card by simply defending myself against your obviously malicious comments? ****ing unbelieveable. getting back to that other topic - if a black person complains against racism, are they being a professional victim?
Reply 165
a city is a small community and a country is simply a larger one - perhaps, a community of cities or towns.
we could go into the politics of both of them (i.e. to territorial sovereign of countries), but seeing as she never mentioned politics even once, I assumed she wasn't talking about that.

how the **** am I playing the victim card by simply defending myself against your obviously malicious comments? ****ing unbelieveable. getting back to that other topic - if a black person complains against racism, are they being a professional victim?

I find it weird that I'm agreeing with you
however, post-trump world and all that...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no :cry2: he is saying I am wrong, how condescending :cry2:

:rofl:
Non muslims are allowed to enter saudi arabia but theyre not allowed to enter mecca where the pilgrimage is taking place because it's such a busy place because muslims from all around the world travel there to carry out their religious duties. Theres already so many people travelling there and only a certain amount of muslims can go there. Going to mecca is compulsory for muslims as part of their faith. This is why non muslims aren't allowed to enter. If non muslims were allowed to enter mecca this would restrict the amount of muslims that were able to go there.
Reply 168
Original post by tammie123
Non muslims are allowed to enter saudi arabia but theyre not allowed to enter mecca where the pilgrimage is taking place because it's such a busy place because muslims from all around the world travel there to carry out their religious duties. Theres already so many people travelling there and only a certain amount of muslims can go there. Going to mecca is compulsory for muslims as part of their faith. This is why non muslims aren't allowed to enter. If non muslims were allowed to enter mecca this would restrict the amount of muslims that were able to go there.

I'm sure the city can accommodate the few hundreds (at most) non-Muslims that would like to go there.
Original post by Josb
I'm sure the city can accommodate the few hundreds (at most) non-Muslims that would like to go there.

They can't even accommodate for muslims alone so how will they be able to accommodate for both muslims and non muslims. Some muslims are denied entry into mecca because there are a limited amount of spaces available. So allowing non muslims to enter would reduce the amount of muslims that were able to enter.
i dont really care tbh..n he cant ban us
Very good idea. Fewer terrorists
Original post by MJlover
My God, not even for a holiday? I would have loved to visit New York.

Well at the end of the day, this is God (Allah)'s earth and it should be free for anyone to move about,

Like mecca you mean?
They can't even accommodate for muslims alone so how will they be able to accommodate for both muslims and non muslims. Some muslims are denied entry into mecca because there are a limited amount of spaces available. So allowing non muslims to enter would reduce the amount of muslims that were able to enter.

Are you seriously trying to pretend that the reason non-Muslims aren't allowed in Mecca is due to space issues and not because they don't believe in Islam? :toofunny:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Are you seriously trying to pretend that the reason non-Muslims aren't allowed in Mecca is due to space issues and not because they don't believe in Islam? :toofunny:

lol at least try to understand with an open mind.

Yes it is because of space issue, the leaders of saudi arabia are muslim so it makes sense that they'd want to prioritise muslims because they'd want muslims to be able to carry out their compulsory religious duties.

Yes it is because of space issue, the leaders of saudi arabia are muslim so it makes sense that they'd want to prioritise muslims because they'd want muslims to be able to carry out their compulsory religious duties.

Prioritising a certain religious group is very different to outright banning anyone who falls outside of that. Even in a time where Mecca wasn't particularly busy non-Muslims still wouldn't be allowed in. Seriously, drop the façade because everyone here knows the reason they're not allowed in is because they don't believe in Islam. I can't really believe you're trying to argue otherwise.

By this line of reasoning Trump could claim that banning foreign Muslims from entering the US is due to prioritising native Americans in an already overcrowded nation..
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 176

Mecca is only overcrowded one week per year.

Somehow that sounds kinda unlikely to me. Unless so many muslims enter Mecca and cause it to become like vacuum, I don't see why the authority can't do a waiting list/first come first serve thing to let a set amount of non-Muslims in every year. Kinda an obvious thing to do, you know, Islam should be accepting and all that...makes them look friendly and tourists are gonna buy lots of souvenirs too. So I think they either have issues against non-muslims during religious times, or their city management is just bad, maybe even both.
(edited 7 years ago)
well i wanted to spend a year of uni abroad in america . guess thats not happening now:frown:
Original post by AperfectBalance
So should I a white Christian Male be able to go into Mecca?

You absolutely certainly can go into Saudi Arabia and whip out high salaries from those Saudis.
You can certainly ban Vatican City for Muslims. I wouldn't care less

Quick Reply

Latest