The Student Room Group

Study time!

How much time do you think should be spent on studying in A levels to be specific I believe the course is quite "expanded" if I may say compared to IGCSE but if you are a AS candidate like me what's your recommendation and if you have already completed AS study tips ? Thank you :smile:
depends strongly on what A level subjects.
ik if you do physics you literally cant do enough. i did on average 2 hours EVERY day (bare in mind i also did 3 other AS') and still got a D.
fyi i did exam questions for revision as revision guides are almost utterly useless.
Reply 2
Original post by Toasticide
depends strongly on what A level subjects.
ik if you do physics you literally cant do enough. i did on average 2 hours EVERY day (bare in mind i also did 3 other AS':wink: and still got a D.
fyi i did exam questions for revision as revision guides are almost utterly useless.

oh i see im going for Physics,maths, and ICT
so i guess practice as much as you can ?
Original post by Fermion12
How much time do you think should be spent on studying in A levels to be specific I believe the course is quite "expanded" if I may say compared to IGCSE but if you are a AS candidate like me what's your recommendation and if you have already completed AS study tips ? Thank you :smile:

I use at least one of my frees a week going over notes I have made in class and consolidating them so when I come to revise the content is already there. I have started revising as I go along when I have free time. My teachers all say 4 hours outside of class for each subject should be spent studying, but obviously it's quality over quantity. I'd say just utilise your free periods and make sure you revise a topic once it's finished :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by rosie.mn
I use at least one of my frees a week going over notes I have made in class and consolidating them so when I come to revise the content is already there. I have started revising as I go along when I have free time. My teachers all say 4 hours outside of class for each subject should be spent studying, but obviously it's quality over quantity. I'd say just utilise your free periods and make sure you revise a topic once it's finished :smile:

Oh ok Understood Thank you !
yeh its all in the application really. I knew the information equivalent to an A student but cause didnt really focus on the REALLY tough questions in the old spec, i had a hard slap in the face when i discovered that the new spec is ONLY like the hard part of the old one so yeh.... got a D :/

as long as you spend a bit of time going over the knowledge but a lot more time practising harder questions youll be fine
Reply 6
Original post by Toasticide
yeh its all in the application really. I knew the information equivalent to an A student but cause didnt really focus on the REALLY tough questions in the old spec, i had a hard slap in the face when i discovered that the new spec is ONLY like the hard part of the old one so yeh.... got a D :/

as long as you spend a bit of time going over the knowledge but a lot more time practising harder questions youll be fine

No problem never lose your dedication i got a C in ICT igcse so ik the feeling xD

Quick Reply

Latest