The Student Room Group

I had a baby in my second year of university - AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RossB1702
I once saw a heavily pregnant women, I'd say at least 8 months smoking in public at a childs football game. She didn't even care and she looked like a proper junkie, was wearing trackies and everything. I was appalled at what I had seen. If she smoked then she probably drank alcohol as well imo.

For the record I didn't smoke either :P
Reply 81
Your user name and the topic of this thread xD
Original post by Anna.Karenina
For the record I didn't smoke either :P

I didn't assume you did. Unlike that other woman you actually care about your child's health.
were u embaressed to be at university whilst being pregnant and were people mean to u about it??
Original post by kaylababesxx
were u embaressed to be at university whilst being pregnant and were people mean to u about it??

Not at all - if people wanted to be nasty, it said more about them than it did about me :smile: But everyone was so supportive! Some of my friends and lecturers got me gifts for the baby, and everyone wrote a card out and sent it to my house. Some of my friends now even babysit him whilst I'm in lectures :smile:
Original post by RossB1702
I didn't assume you did. Unlike that other woman you actually care about your child's health.

It's terrible - they're already disadvantaged before they've even left the womb :/
He always looks at other babies whenever we're out, but he doesn't quite realise how his touch feels to another person, so rather than being gentle, he tends to grab people's flesh :P But he's just being affectionate and excited :smile:

I swear I could just smother him with kisses. He's a little cherub :3
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I swear I could just smother him with kisses. He's a little cherub :3

I do all the time! :biggrin: Every day a new facet of his cuteness reveals itself :3
I do all the time! :biggrin: Every day a new facet of his cuteness reveals itself :3

And thennn he'll just grow up.. He can be Santa's little helper next month :tongue:
And thennn he'll just grow up.. He can be Santa's little helper next month :tongue:

I'm kind of stuck between wanting him to stay small, but at the same time, I can't wait for him to get bigger and start doing things :-)

I CANNOT WAIT for Christmas :biggrin: Presents bought and wrapped, Christmas clothes and jumpers bought, visit to Santa booked :biggrin:
I'm kind of stuck between wanting him to stay small, but at the same time, I can't wait for him to get bigger and start doing things :-)

I CANNOT WAIT for Christmas :biggrin: Presents bought and wrapped, Christmas clothes and jumpers bought, visit to Santa booked :biggrin:

If I ever have children, as soon as they turn 5 I'm going to buy them a puppy so they grow up with a furry best friend :tongue: Similar thing happened with me and loved it to bits.

Is he going to be Rudolph? :tongue:
If I ever have children, as soon as they turn 5 I'm going to buy them a puppy so they grow up with a furry best friend :tongue: Similar thing happened with me and loved it to bits.

Is he going to be Rudolph? :tongue:

He's going to be Rudolph, a Christmas pudding, Santa, an elf, a snowman and a snowball :biggrin:
He's going to be Rudolph, a Christmas pudding, Santa, an elf, a snowman and a snowball :biggrin:

Send pictures when it happens plz x
Do you miss going out with mates and doing studenty things?
Original post by jonathanemptage
Do you miss going out with mates and doing studenty things?

I live an hour away from my university, so I never really did studenty things, because I had my own life at home that I wanted to get back to. But I'm lucky that I have such a good, well-behaved baby that I can take him with me when I have a coffee with a friend, or when I'm out to dinner :-) It's not old life vs new life, it's just a different life :-)
Reply 95
It might sound like a nasty question but... was she planned or was she an accident?

if the latter, why did you decide to keep her? did you ever contemplate abortion??
Original post by Nerry
It might sound like a nasty question but... was she planned or was she an accident?

if the latter, why did you decide to keep her? did you ever contemplate abortion??

It's a boy :tongue: And he was unplanned :-)

I did contemplate it, but it wasn't the right choice for me - after I saw him on the scan, I knew then I was a mum, and it was my job to protect him, not to hurt him :-) It was scary at the time, but I knew once he was here and settled, it wouldn't be so scary anymore :-)
I live an hour away from my university, so I never really did studenty things, because I had my own life at home that I wanted to get back to. But I'm lucky that I have such a good, well-behaved baby that I can take him with me when I have a coffee with a friend, or when I'm out to dinner :-) It's not old life vs new life, it's just a different life :-)

Oh right I see I lived out for all the years I was there so i really can't imagine what that's like.
I'm one of these people who have always been in two minds about having children, what do you say - is it worth it in the long run?

I've never been crazy about having children (I do like them, just love my peace and quiet more) but I'm really scared that there might come a time in my life where I'll wake up one day and regret the fact that I never had kids

what are the downsides to having kids?
Awwhhhhhhhhhhh :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest