The Student Room Group

Boyfriend liked another girl's picture

Scroll to see replies

Never been in a relationship but don't get people who stay with someone who's manipulative like that. It's not love if you're his puppy on a leash :erm: You both need to relax :tongue:
Original post by ForgetMe
Never been in a relationship but don't get people who stay with someone who's manipulative like that. It's not love if you're his puppy on a leash :erm: You both need to relax :tongue:

he's only started talking like this recently, I always thought he was very relaxed, chilled out guy (before I got into a relationship with him). I thought it was cute how he cared about who I was seeing initially, my friends say he's just a bit protective, but then others say he's a bit too possessive.
Original post by Anonymous
By possessive, I mean whenever I mention I'm out with a friend, he will immediately ask without fail if my friend is male or female, it's usually female so he's happy. If I say what would you do if I was meeting with a man? He says he'd be angry if I met with a man, that he loves me and does not want me to meet other men. I told him that my friends don't have feelings for me, he responded with 'I don't like other men looking at my woman', and that I don't know what some men are thinking :s-smilie:

That doesn't sound good at all. Maybe he's just insecure because it's the initial stages, and once he's comfortable he might not be this way. Hard to tell with people but if you feel that he's being possessive and a little controlling you need to speak to him about it. This does not make for a healthy relationship.

So he's a man and he knows what men think like, fair enough but that gives him no right to tell you who to meet and who not to.
he's only started talking like this recently, I always thought he was very relaxed, chilled out guy (before I got into a relationship with him). I thought it was cute how he cared about who I was seeing initially, my friends say he's just a bit protective, but then others say he's a bit too possessive.

If it became a recent thing, you both need to start talking before it escalates to him being very controlling and you being very jealous.
Original post by OfficialChemist
What the **** is wrong with society these days man, its a flippin picture not a wedding proposal man relax. It's not that deep fam

I agree wit u soooo much raaaah man chill it's a pic and u don't have to tell ur Man ur going ou with male friends jus say s friends and end it tnere
Jheeeze
The two of you won't last long anyway so don't worry.
Original post by I'mquitestupid
I agree wit u soooo much raaaah man chill it's a pic and u don't have to tell ur Man ur going ou with male friends jus say s friends and end it tnere
Jheeeze

This is why teenage relationships should be a crime fam, too much ******** polluting tsr these days man. Society these days like if they see their bf double tap another girls insta pic, they start self-harming and **** man proper messed upp
thank you for your response. I did speak to him about the not being friends with males, he told me something along the lines of because he loves me so he doesn't want me meeting other men, he doesn't want 'other men looking at my woman', I said to him that I can have innocent friends with no ulterior motives, but he said I don't know what goes on in the minds of some men.

I decided to play him a bit at his own game when he said he was with a friend, as in I asked straight away 'male or female?', he said 'male' and I said yes that's fine and he told me to not worry. I couldn't care less if he was meeting up with a man or a woman in reality, I'm not possessive at all, I just thought I'd let him feel how I feel when he says it to me. Also, when I say I don't want him to hurt me, I mean I don't want him to be flirting with other women on Facebook whilst he is still with me, telling me I'm the woman he loves, I don't want to be cheated on.

I don't think you two will last very long, just throwing it out there
This is why teenage relationships should be a crime fam, too much ******** polluting tsr these days man. Society these days like if they see their bf double tap another girls insta pic, they start self-harming and **** man proper messed upp

Trusssss the thing is these lot only been dating for 5-6 weeks not even time and getting bare worried- this relationship ting ain't gonna last
I bet fiver on it
I can't tell you what to do, but this relationship doesn't sound healthy to me. All I've heard you saying about him is that he's constantly keeping tabs on you and telling he doesn't want men looking at you and that you that you 'don't know what men think' - that's so patronising!

It's your choice obviously because it's your life and things like this are never a decision to be taken lightly, but I couldn't stay in a relationship with someone who didn't value my independence or my freedom. From what I can gather, he's not seeing you as a woman, he's seeing you as 'my woman' - a thing, and that's not healthy.
By possessive, I meant he doesn't like it when I have friends of the opposite gender and he doesn't even like me speaking to them, then there he is openly liking another woman's picture, it's hypocritical. I hope I am overthinking, I just don't want him to hurt me. :/

If you liked a picture of another man he would not like it so he is being hypocritical so just explain this to him but without using the word hypocrite but if he tries to start an argument over it then you bring up the word hypocrite
Even if you have not been dating long he still should not like other women's picture
But all in all it is pretty harmless but because it is botherng you then you should ask him about it. See what ridiculous excuse he comes up with

Have you ever seen a tv show called The only way is essex ?
It's on every Sunday and Wednesday 10pm on itvBe
The storyline is mainly on Meghan and Pete because he was sexting 10 girls including his ex and it was all on twitter. It was a stupid thing to do especially because he is on a poular tv programme. Then after they made up she found out he did a modelling shoot with other women but he's a model so it should not be a shock to her but he just did not tell her the female models were leaning against him in a pose so she started an argument over something so ridiculous as that but again it would not bother me if a boyfriend did that so their relationship will never work because she can not handle simple things like that because of her jealousy but the moral of the story is men do stupid things all the time. They nearly split up over it but if i had a boyfriend i would not care if he liked other women's pictures or even if he was sexting other girls but that's because i think in a weird way and i do not get upset about things other people get upset about. But i do understand other girls would get upset about that but it's not exactly the same as cheating, but it is disrespectful

Anyway don't allow your boyfriend or any man to tell you not to talk to other men or to stop you having male friends as that is not normal and to be honest those are clear warning signs that he has shown which will not end well so because he liked another woman's picture you just tell him straight that you are going to talk to other men and have male friends. I would never allow any man to tell me that because i would never stop them from having female friends.
Any person you meet is going to hurt you and he definitely will from the possessiveness and liking other women's pictures so early into the relationship so it's best to prepare yourself for that then it won't come as a shock if he does hurt you
Gona see these clowns on jeremy kyle in coupla years, dna test and all dem tings

Raaaaaaaaah that's soooooo true these mans on the Jeremy Kyle show being like lie detector test on which chested loooooool
Can't wait
I've only been with him for a few weeks too and we're long distance, I can't imagine how possessive he would get if we lived together :s-smilie: whenever I say I'm going out, the first thing he'll ask without fail is whether they're male or female. I said to him 'would you not like it if my friend is a male?' He replied with 'no of course not, I'd get angry because I love you and I don't want you meeting men', make what you want of that.

You've been dating him for a few weeks and he's already telling you he loves you? when he probably dosent know you well enough and vice versa. He dosent love you btw its just words to him which he uses to keep you sweet and under control if he really loved you he wouldnt dictate who you can and can't talk to or go out with. Imagine living with him he will be telling you what to wear or stop you going out with your friends or speaking to your family. Love is all about trusting one another which your relationship has none of. You both clearly dont trust each other and this relationship is unhealthy.
Also its long distance is it worth the hassle? even you know somethings not quite right in this relationship. Just end it and tell him you cant do the long distance (as an excuse) thing if you dont want to talk about his behaviour. I would be grateful its long distance as its easier to give him the boot show him that you are a strong independent woman who wont be treated like crap.
(edited 7 years ago)

So he's saying he doesn't know what other men are thinking about you?

1) It can't be helped what they are thinking and he should give them the benefit of the doubt seeing as how he's a man too
2) You didn't properly give him a taste of his own medicine. He's basically asking you questions to force you to not hang around other men even if they're your friend, which is impossible. The opposite would be that you don't want him to hang around other women, regardless of whether they're his friend or not. He should easily come to terms that he's wrong, when u bring up this flaw.
3) actually tell him you're not liking being constantly asked about who you hang out with. Obviously, don't always hang out with other men or he'll get suspicious anyway - and that's also natural. But it works both ways.

I get the impression he's being too worried - yet he's telling you not to be worried. You were right when you said he's being hypocritical. It's your choice whether you want to get to the bottom of this or not - your dignity is at stake here, and you want to reassure him you're not doing anything, regardless of what other men think of you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending