The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Thoughts on Swansea's Uni Life and LLB program

Can anyone assist me with few insights regarding Swansea's 3 year LLB program?
I would also like to know the University Life , how people are etc.
Thanks for any help provided!
Original post by Mr. R
Can anyone assist me with few insights regarding Swansea's 3 year LLB program?
I would also like to know the University Life , how people are etc.
Thanks for any help provided!

Any specific questions about uni life?

I'm a first year on the MSci Computer Science programme.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I wanted to know how welcoming and friendly are the students and the people living in the neighbourhood.

Few insights about The social life, Fun activities, Restaurants, clubs in Swansea would be very much appreciated.

Thank you anyways!
Original post by Mr. R
Hey, I wanted to know how welcoming and friendly are the students and the people living in the neighbourhood.

Few insights about The social life, Fun activities, Restaurants, clubs in Swansea would be very much appreciated.

Thank you anyways!

No worries!

The students: alright so Swansea is actually an extremely diverse university despite being in a smaller Welsh city. You have students from London, from the North of England, Ireland, Scotland, and even farther flung places like Hong Kong, Dubai, India, Zimbabwe etc etc as well as your standard Welsh folk + South of England posh lot. So, if you're worried about finding people who you gel with, don't, there are so many different kinds of people all with different interests here that you are bound to find someone you get on with.

Generally, students are very welcoming. The first few weeks of uni are pretty much fair game for getting to know anyone and everyone - there's absolutely nothing wrong with striking up conversations in the bus or at one of the in campus eateries. That and if you're on campus for accommodation, you'll naturally be thrown into a vibrant social experience.

Social life is lit. I cannot emphasise enough how hard people here party, and how many different kinds of socieities and sports teams there are to get involved with - hell, even the sports teams are split between those interested in playing and those who just want to get hammered on the socials ahaha. The main nights for going out are Wednesday's (student night, and when most sports clubs and socieities hold socials), Fridays and Saturdays. Although occasionally there are other events during the week.

So as I said there are 100+ socieities to choose from and they all come to the massive fresher's fayre at the beginning of term trying to beg you to join with free food and goodies (ahaha). Things like the wine cheese soc, the law soc (which is pretty huge here actually), the gaming soc, etc etc.

Nightlife is split between campus and wind street. Campus has the SU bar and nightclub which hosts a few weekly events and a fair number of fresher's events. There's also another uni run club on our other campus at Bay. Wind street, however, is the go to place - it"s effectively a long strip of numerous clubs, bars and eateries (kebab shops, pizza, some restaurants); never a dull moment when you're out on wind street.

As for restaurants, there are a few really good ones scattered around the city - although I haven't had the chance to go yet, my friends rave about them. If you're into desserts (who isn't?) there is Kaspas dessert parlour as well. On singleton campus, we have about 5 places to eat but I mostly go to Blas or the library as it's nearest my lectures.

Speaking with friends doing Law, a lot of them seem to have done quite well (AAB-AAA+) but are finding the reading quite heavy, despite lower contact hours than me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
No worries!

The students: alright so Swansea is actually an extremely diverse university despite being in a smaller Welsh city. You have students from London, from the North of England, Ireland, Scotland, and even farther flung places like Hong Kong, Dubai, India, Zimbabwe etc etc as well as your standard Welsh folk + South of England posh lot. So, if you're worried about finding people who you gel with, don't, there are so many different kinds of people all with different interests here that you are bound to find someone you get on with.

Generally, students are very welcoming. The first few weeks of uni are pretty much fair game for getting to know anyone and everyone - there's absolutely nothing wrong with striking up conversations in the bus or at one of the in campus eateries. That and if you're on campus for accommodation, you'll naturally be thrown into a vibrant social experience.

Social life is lit. I cannot emphasise enough how hard people here party, and how many different kinds of socieities and sports teams there are to get involved with - hell, even the sports teams are split between those interested in playing and those who just want to get hammered on the socials ahaha. The main nights for going out are Wednesday's (student night, and when most sports clubs and socieities hold socials), Fridays and Saturdays. Although occasionally there are other events during the week.

So as I said there are 100+ socieities to choose from and they all come to the massive fresher's fayre at the beginning of term trying to beg you to join with free food and goodies (ahaha). Things like the wine cheese soc, the law soc (which is pretty huge here actually), the gaming soc, etc etc.

Nightlife is split between campus and wind street. Campus has the SU bar and nightclub which hosts a few weekly events and a fair number of fresher's events. There's also another uni run club on our other campus at Bay. Wind street, however, is the go to place - it"s effectively a long strip of numerous clubs, bars and eateries (kebab shops, pizza, some restaurants); never a dull moment when you're out on wind street.

As for restaurants, there are a few really good ones scattered around the city - although I haven't had the chance to go yet, my friends rave about them. If you're into desserts (who isn't?) there is Kaspas dessert parlour as well. On singleton campus, we have about 5 places to eat but I mostly go to Blas or the library as it's nearest my lectures.

Speaking with friends doing Law, a lot of them seem to have done quite well (AAB-AAA+) but are finding the reading quite heavy, despite lower contact hours than me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks alot Sir. I really appreciate you taking time and helping me out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I'm pleased to seeing that you are considering Swansea University! Have you attended one of our Open Days? Don't worry if you haven't because if you do apply to us, you will be invited to one of our Visit days which is a great opportunity to meet the academics and students, find out more information about the course and see if you like the City as a whole. If you have any other questions about Swansea, please let me know!

Quick Reply

Latest