The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London Accommodation 2017

This thread will be used for all queries and discussion on KCL accommodation, be it specific residences or just concerns regarding living out/adjusting in general.

I can answer any questions regarding it, as I lived out for a year at Great Dover Street Apartments :smile:

Information in general regarding accommodation can be found here:
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/accommodation/index.aspx

General FAQs on the matter are located here:
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/accommodation/Help-and-FAQs/Key-documents.aspx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What are people's opinions on the Moonraker point accommodation?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hi,

I'm currently at Great Dover Street apartments, 30 minutes walk from waterloo and strand campus, and only about 10 from Guy's. I pay £189 pw. Wondering if anybody is looking to move in here in the new year, as I am looking to go into private accomodation as soon as possible.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you're interested!
Reply 3
HI! I'm an international prospective student. Just got an offer for the Masters in Climate Change. Where should I be looking for accommodation?
Reply 4
Original post by mricari
HI! I'm an international prospective student. Just got an offer for the Masters in Climate Change. Where should I be looking for accommodation?

I believe applications for accommodation provided by KCL open around next April (correct me if I'm wrong) :smile:
Hi guys,

I'm staying in a studio at Urbanest Tower Bridge at the moment but will be returning home early next year so the studio will be available from 8 April to 9 September 2017. Am searching for someone to take over my contract during this period.

Price is £368 per week but I will sponsor 40% of the amount as I am searching for a replacement urgently. Fee will therefore be only £220 per week.

It is a studio apartment with private kitchen, study, bedroom and toilet. Will also throw in printer, pillows, quilts, rice cooker.

Please contact me for more information or photos.

Thank you
Reply 6
Hi, I'm currently at Stamford Street Apartments, next to Waterloo Station and 10 minute walk from the strand campus. I pay £199 pw. Looking to see if anybody wants to move here in the new year as I am looking to move out.

Thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Hi! I got an unconditional offer to study at King's and just wanted to check if, being from London, I am guaranteed accommodation? Thanks :smile:
Reply 8
HI!

I'm moving out of my en suite at Champion Hill ASAP and need someone to take over my room. It takes 30 minutes by bus to get to Strand, Champion Hill is really close to a huge Sainsbury's and a nice park and pub. As a tenant here you can also gain free access to a gym! I pay £196 a week and you can read more about it at the accommodation webbpage.

If you're interested in a great place to live this spring then contact me.
I am looking for someone to take over my contract at great dover street asap, it is en suite for £199 p/w, please message me for more details.
Reply 10
LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO TAKE OVER MY CONTRACT- GREAT DOVER STREET

I currently have a room in Great Dover Street with shared kitchen facilities, 7 minute walk to Guys Campus and a 25 minute walk to Waterloo Campus. Perfect location to get the most out of living in London. I am looking for someone to take over my contract ASAP. I'm currently paying £199pw.
Reply 11
Original post by Sophiepd13
Hi,

I'm currently at Great Dover Street apartments, 30 minutes walk from waterloo and strand campus, and only about 10 from Guy's. I pay £189 pw. Wondering if anybody is looking to move in here in the new year, as I am looking to go into private accomodation as soon as possible.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you're interested!

Hi does this offer still stand
Reply 12
Does this offer still stand?
Reply 13
Anyone know of any good accommodation in the range of £150-£180 p/w near the Strand campus?
IMG_0611.jpg

Hi! I am looking for someone to take over my contract at Urbanest Tower Bridge as soon as possible.

I have a single room with a double bed, sink & heated floors. There is a large shared kitchen with 2 fridges & a couch. You would be living with 5 other King's students, 4 girls & 1 guy. They are all tidy & super friendly, really lovely group to live with. The building is about a 2 minute walk from both Tower Hill & Aldgate tube stations, as well as Tower Gateway DLR, Tower Gateway & Aldgate bus stations. Guy's campus is an easy 25 minute walk & Stand about 15 minutes straight down the District or Circle line. There is a myriad of cafes & restaurants just up the street, a little park next door & Tesco & Sainsbury's both within walking distance. Urbanest provides free printing, 24/h reception, in building laundry facilities, a large study room & common area & free bikes for residents to use whenever. Rent is £249/week all bills inc. If you or anyone you know is interested, drop me a PM.
Would anyone here suggest the Urbanest Westminster Bridge accommodation? Has anyone stayed in / visited the twin room?
Hi I'm looking for someone to take over my contract at Ewen Henderson Court, New Cross.

My room is a spacious ensuite room at £155 a week in a flat of 6 and there is a shared kitchen and dining area. Located in Zone 2, in New Cross about a 2 min walk away from New Cross Gate station. 1 stop southern rail to London Bridge Campus and 6 stops to Waterloo Campus. Please message me if you are interested.
How do we know if accommodation is only King's students or if they're mixed uni housing? I can't find anything on the website that specifies :frown:
Hey guys!:smile: I just got accepted as a postgraduate student at king's, and would IMMENSELY appreciate any help or info on the following:

1) I am engaged, does anyone have any info on couples rooms? we will both be attending king's.
2) Is it possible for two people to stay in a single's en-suite room? Has anyone heard of this?
3) Are Stamford Apartments decent?
Does anyone have a picture of the couples apartment at stamford? I would appreciate it if anyone could just share a picture so I could see the size and layout! Thanks so much:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest